• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Where do you think Airline prices are going?

CTillberg

Ms Tilly
Does anyone have any thoughts on where airline prices are going? In Dec. I made our hotel reservations for next Oct. and have been watching airline prices going up, up, up. I know historically one should wait until a few months before to take advantage of an airfare war, but I am a person who likes to have things planned and scheduled in advanced.

I am worried about a few things:
1. that if a war with Iraq breaks out, fuel prices will skyrocket along with airline prices. (or would war hurt the travel industry so much that they will be cutting prices)

2. That I will not get the flight times I want if I hold out hoping for cheaper fares. (i.e. I do not want to get to WDW at 11pm nor have to leave at 6am to fly home.)

I guess my questions are: would you buy the airline tickets now at a higher price than was hoping for or hold off - and - do you think war would cause filght prices to increase or decrease?
:confused:

Thanks for your opinions,
Cathy

Cathy, only gawd knows where prices are going.

I hoped we had rational leadership working to prevent a war in this market and economy, but looks like they are focusing elsewhere. Power trips are deadly and dangerous

That is why the best thing to do is plan early. Buy your tickets early, that way if they do go up (and as your arrival date approaches they will), your price is locked. Get the best savings, search everywhere and work it around, until things improve.

Hi there-I watched airfare rates online for about 6 months-joined all the email update fare watcher programs -had a pretty good idea what a reasonable rate for us would be-then I got an email from one of my fare watchers advertising a great rate-immediately went online and booked saving about $200 per person (4 of us). IMHO-be ready to book immediately if something you like comes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter