Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

4/7 update

New resales at about 50% of typical

4/8 update

New resales are significantly above average

This is primarily from on of the 2 largest re-sellers posting abut 4x what is typical

While no hard data, it appears that this may be from a delay in posting showing up on 4/8 since some are showing up initially as pending

more OKWs in the 80s are showing up
FWIW, we bought AKL in February and it’s at ROFR now with the new buyer at more pp than we paid. Granted we got a deal I thought wouldn’t pass ROFR but either way I’m happy with it.

Love watching this thread... Would like to get a deal on Aulani. It seems like that one may drop more due to extra travel costs to visit - flying to Hawaii and eventual maintenance fees. I don't really have a desire to own anywhere else other than maybe VGC or Vero. Vero would have to be dirt cheap for me to buy though because of maintenance fees.

Just got an email from another resale company dropping their commission %. It is going to take more than that For most buyers in the current economic situation.

I just started following because if the prices really do drop I might actually buy. Does anyone have any resources to see what the typical price points were before COVID?

Even though the brokers have a lot on the line that "now is the perfect time to buy", it really is a poor decision to do so.

The worst case as a buyer is that the contracts do not drop considerably. There really is no scenario where the contracts increase in price. So between the uncertainty of losing points over the next year and the strong probability prices will slowly drift downwards, just wait.

Multiple new resorts have not weathered a recession, I imagine those will be the most likely to fall over time.

Even though the brokers have a lot on the line that "now is the perfect time to buy", it really is a poor decision to do so.

The worst case as a buyer is that the contracts do not drop considerably. There really is no scenario where the contracts increase in price. So between the uncertainty of losing points over the next year and the strong probability prices will slowly drift downwards, just wait.

Multiple new resorts have not weathered a recession, I imagine those will be the most likely to fall over time.
Exactly, which pretty much makes now the worst time to buy. Which means contracts have to come down or stay on the market a long time.

There is minimal upside (maybe things recover magically and you end up paying 5 percent more - its possible - but so is winning the lottery 3 times in a row) or things go on like this, you wait and pay 20-30 percent less.....

4/7 update

New resales at about 50% of typical

4/8 update

New resales are significantly above average

This is primarily from on of the 2 largest re-sellers posting abut 4x what is typical

While no hard data, it appears that this may be from a delay in posting showing up on 4/8 since some are showing up initially as pending

more OKWs in the 80s are showing up
BookWormDE; what was the average price for any new SSR listings ?? (Those in the 175-250 point range)??
ET :darth:

BookWormDE; what was the average price for any new SSR listings ?? (Those in the 175-250 point range)??
from the 1st to the the 9th the overall new average is $103

For the same time frame for 175 to 250 pt contracts are about $97

I’ve been wanting to buy at VGF for sooo long but couldn’t stomach the 180s for points I see everywhere. I thinking in this climate I can possible start offering less on those contracts and maybe snag one 😍 I’m now debating on doing that. We are in the process of selling our AKL contract so we will have some extra cash for it besides our normal savings 🤔

4/9 update

New resales count was about 50% of average
I just got an email blast from one of the DVC resellers, and saw 2- SSR contracts listed at $90.
One had 100 Points, none available until 2021, the other was for 260 Points, all available for 2020 & 2021.
There were a few others at $93PP, and a couple at $95PP.

I’ve been wanting to buy at VGF for sooo long but couldn’t stomach the 180s for points I see everywhere. I thinking in this climate I can possible start offering less on those contracts and maybe snag one 😍 I’m now debating on doing that. We are in the process of selling our AKL contract so we will have some extra cash for it besides our normal savings 🤔
Just saw one listed at $155PP-150 Points -"Sale Pending" (email blast today)
Online at another broker - I see 2 VGFs at $148PP- (230Pts & 160 Pts) - both "Sale Pending"

Just saw one listed at $155PP-150 Points -"Sale Pending" (email blast today)
Online at another broker - I see 2 VGFs at $148PP- (230Pts & 160 Pts) - both "Sale Pending"
I’d love to find one In that range, but then I think what if I wait this out a couple months, will I be able to get one in the 130s 😬

I plan to wait it out, the prices are going to move slowly downward. I am hoping for a good deal this summer. If there aren't any points available until the 2021 UY I think that is actually better, since it's unlikely I will take another Disney trip this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter