Where will you travel this summer?

It's great some of you want to cross the border right now. Personally I don't think it's worth it for all the things you have to do just to visit the Mouse.

I wouldn't say it is that. But for us personally....we have spent YEARS travelling around Western Canada. We have been fortunate enough to be able to do many different things in our beautiful part of Canada. We have camped, hiked, skied, ride snowmobiles in the highest peaks of the rocky mountains, ride ATV's on those same mountain edges, rode ferries to the far edges of Vancouver Island, to enjoying the beauty and wonder of lakes in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. You name it, we have done it.

But for us, it is one of after years of staying and spending our money here, we had MANY plans to actually travel outside of Canada. Our children are grown, we are close to being empty nesters and that was our plan. We have the time, holiday days at work from finally having well established careers and we have budgeted and saved for this time in our lives. We have been patiently waiting, vacationing here so that we could visit other places when we got to the age we are now. I'm trying to find my patience to keep up the hope that we will be able to keep to our life plan we have worked very hard towards to.

My personal mental health suffers greatly in the long winter months (Jan- April) and we have always planned little getaways to bigger centers or BC. Well...I can't even do that right now either. Many things are not open to even do. This has been a VERY long hard year on everyone. The mental health issues we are experiencing will be felt in the healthcare industry for YEARS.

I think we all understand the importance of staying home, and are doing our part, but it doesn't have to make us happy either. And yes, this is first world problem. I am very thankful for the blessed life we have had so far, and make sure to thank my angels and the universe as to how grateful I am each day. But some days, it really sucks when your mental health is taking a beating, when you feel like you can't even try to plan or dream of taking a much anticipated vacation.

We will likely stay in Canada this summer. If the Atlantic provinces are open to Ontarians, I would definitely consider it. I have never been to that side of the country!

We will likely stay in Canada this summer. If the Atlantic provinces are open to Ontarians, I would definitely consider it. I have never been to that side of the country!
Agree that it's very nice out there. At some point I will get back there with my family. Right now we are on an amusement park kick and the majority of our weeks off are spent visiting amusement parks.

We are in BC and hoping we can spend a week off the island in early June but after yesterdays press conference it sounds like no changes for the next 3 months as far as travel restrictions out of our areas. Crossing fingers and toes that as the vaccinations continue we might get to ease up on that part of our restrictions.

I feel like a kid who was grounded and is begging to get released for good behavior. I promise I will keep behaving please let me go on a road trip :worship:
My heart sank when I heard that because we want to go the opposite direction; we're on the mainland and want to go to Victoria for a few nights at the end of June. Sigh. It's still like 13 weeks away, a lot can change, right? :worship:

My heart sank when I heard that because we want to go the opposite direction; we're on the mainland and want to go to Victoria for a few nights at the end of June. Sigh. It's still like 13 weeks away, a lot can change, right? :worship:
I sure hope so, I keep hoping if they get more vaccinations done our numbers should drop and then we can pass each other on the ferry!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter