Which building at Old Key West?

Building 45 studios have nice water view balcony. I'd request the studio on the end furthest from the internal road to help with the noise if the sound of buses is bothersome to you.

Building 45 studios have nice water view balcony. I'd request the studio on the end furthest from the internal road to help with the noise if the sound of buses is bothersome to you.
Not just the sound of buses, but the sound of squealing brakes of the buses stopping at the stop sign.

Hello. For our 6th trip to WDW, we are hoping to rent points for a two week stay at Old Key West, late next year. A Studio room for 2 adults. After a *lot* of research, I think the relaxed, quiet style of OKW will work perfectly for us. Also that it's Disney at less-than-Disney prices.

I was hoping for advice on building requests. Here is what we are looking for.
2. Room with window *plus* balcony / porch door. I think 4??? Buildings have Studios without a window, only balcony.
4. Water / Canal View would be wonderful.

For folks that own / rent at OKW, which building would you recommend? Looking at the Resort Map, building 45 leading up to South Point Road, seems to meet our requirement.

Thank you for your time & advice.

All lock-off Studios have windows and the balcony/patio. The 2nd BR (Studio) of Dedicated 2BRs won't have the balcony/patio.

Building 46 is great with a nice water view.

Here is a view of Building 46 from across the canal (on the walking path to SSR and PI/DTD/DS). Building 55 would be to the left of this picture (and might also be a good option for your trip.)
okw-10-07.18200
https://www.disboards.com/media/okw-10-07.18200/
Enjoy!
okw-10-07.18200

Hello. Thank you very much for all your suggestions. I think we will request buildings 46 or 55, fingers crossed. Have a good weekend, folks!

The only issue we have had at OKW was on the ground floor where we were given a room right next to the back of air conditioners. It made sitting on the patio very noisy.
Aren’t all studios located near the AC units at OKW. I have yet to have one that was not, stayed in 4. It’s just the layout of where they put the studios and ac units.

I’m a fan of Turtle Pond area
But if being near the amenities, basically, the main area, I would ask for near hospitality house

You don't want 18, 35 or 38 if you book a non-Hospitality House villa. If you book HH Area, you don't want 14. These are the four buildings with the studios in the corners rather than at the ends of the building. 18 is Miller's Rd, 35 and 38 are Turtle Pond. If you request South Point or Peninsular Rd you will not get one of these buildings. Bldg 45 and46 are probably the most requested building with the view of Trumbo Canal. Make sure you request ground floor. We've stayed in 55 and 56 and both were quiet with plenty of parking. Not too far from the bus stop, too.

There are only two booking categories at OKW - Near Hospitality House and Not Near Hospitality House. Near HH Area is 11-14 and 23-26.
What is the deal with the studios in the corners verses the end of the buildings?

What is the deal with the studios in the corners verses the end of the buildings?
Some of the studios in those buildings do not have windows, so they have little natural light only from the slider to the balcony and small bathroom window. I believe it is only the ones in the corner on the bottom of the U shape. We stayed in one at the bottom of the side of the U and we had windows.

The Turtle Pond area is definitely a peaceful and serene spot to stay. However, I can understand the convenience of being near the amenities and hospitality house. Have you considered requesting a room near the feature pool or the restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter