Which day do you check out after Thanksgiving?

Which day are you checking out after Thanksgiving?

• Total voters

Mal46

Earning My Ears
We've had to move our annual trip due to new Passholder Blackout dates and have landed on the week AFTER Thanksgiving. Big party, will request connecting rooms...But I'm wondering if the Saturday OR Sunday after Thanksgiving would be the better option to check in to our Disney resort. So tell me Thanksgiving 2023 Disney Guests, which day are you CHECKING OUT???

Historically, the Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, so I'd expect more checkouts to occur that day than on Saturday. When Thanksgiving week was our standard WDW vacation week, we used to go home on Saturday after Thanksgiving because it was so much less busy in the airport, on the highways, etc. Nowadays, when we have family get togethers for Thanksgiving, family members who have to travel to get home usually leave on Saturday or even on Friday because traffic is so much less than on Sunday.

That said, how are you getting to WDW? That would affect my choice of checkin days too. I might want to check in on Monday, if I could stay long enough!

Historically, the Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, so I'd expect more checkouts to occur that day than on Saturday. When Thanksgiving week was our standard WDW vacation week, we used to go home on Saturday after Thanksgiving because it was so much less busy in the airport, on the highways, etc. Nowadays, when we have family get togethers for Thanksgiving, family members who have to travel to get home usually leave on Saturday or even on Friday because traffic is so much less than on Sunday.

That said, how are you getting to WDW? That would affect my choice of checkin days too. I might want to check in on Monday, if I could stay long enough!
Thank you so much for replying! We are all Florida residents, so we'll be driving. I'll definitely float the Monday option.

So glad you asked this! I had wondered the same because we check in on the Sunday. We will stay the weekend in St. Augustine so just a quick drive on Sunday. However, I keep toying with checking in the Fri or Sat.

So glad you asked this! I had wondered the same because we check in on the Sunday. We will stay the weekend in St. Augustine so just a quick drive on Sunday. However, I keep toying with checking in the Fri or Sat.
Hoping this thread helps you too! I WANT to check in on Saturday, but we want a particular area of the resort because my mom has knee issues and can't walk long distances. I want to check in on the day that gives us the best chance at getting our request but I keep wavering... Hopefully you and I can both make a decision soon (hahaha).

We've had to move our annual trip due to new Passholder Blackout dates and have landed on the week AFTER Thanksgiving. Big party, will request connecting rooms...But I'm wondering if the Saturday OR Sunday after Thanksgiving would be the better option to check in to our Disney resort. So tell me Thanksgiving 2023 Disney Guests, which day are you CHECKING OUT???
We leave Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter