Which restaurant would you choose for an intimate relaxing dinner?

Which restaurant would you chose for intimate dinner with about to be married couple?

• Cinderell's Castle

• Ohana's

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by robinb
I was also pretty picky until I was about 20 and then I started dating men who were adventuresome eaters. It's hard to eat picky at a Korean restaurant!
RobinB - What's funny is that I never realized just how picky of an eater I was until I met my DH-2-Be....who is half Korean! Your comment had me cracking up!! I totally know what you mean about not being able to be picky in a Korean restaurant!! But, being the brat and stubborn girl that I am, I am still very picky. :rolleyes: I just can't help it, thank goodness he understands. :love2:
His mom tries to understand. Although, when she wants to make traditional foods for us, I can tell that she gets frustrated with me. To her, it's delicious, so she can't understand why in the world I wouldn't want to eat it. I try not to be rude and have at least a bite. I would never tell her that I didn't like something, but a bite is all I can take. There are a few dishes she makes that I really enjoy, so I just make sure to give those rave reviews, so hopefully she'll make those instead. LOL I know, I know, I'm awful :sad2:

Originally posted by Disneysnel
I should have told you - she basically only likes cheeseburgers and chicken! SO even at Ohana's I would have to ask for special food, I think.
NO seafood whatsoever and no steak.

Thanks again!

No chicken atV&A when I went--had I known about the veg menu (they didn't mention it until they saw I didn't eat my main course--not their fault--I didn't ask), I would have combined my choices from the regular menu and the veg menu. You may be able to call and request that she just get a basic chicken breast for the main course with a benign side dish that she will eat. The bird choice they had was not to my liking and I am pretty adventuresome. Of course that will be one expensive chicken breast. But she can then try if she wants any of the other menu selections, but have comfort that Disney is taking care of her and she will have her standby meal at the main course. The dinner was a surpise for me...so I was flying off the cuff. Was able to enjoy most items on the menu--except when it came to the main course.

The great thing about Disney is alot of the restaurants share a kitchen or are close enough together, so you can pretty much set stuff up in advance regardless of where you go. We ate at Tony's Town Square once--it is Italian. I was pregnant--I cannot eat Italian when I am pregnant otherwise it sets of nausea. It was where everyone else wanted to eat--and I knew Disney accomodates dietary requests. I let them know ahead of time. My fave thing to eat at the time was Tuna Fish. So I ordered that. The chef came out when our orders were placed to doublecheck with me. And I had no problems getting my Tuna Fish Sandwich (it was pre-ordered though)

That being said--I would choose something for the relaxing ambience and that has food that you and your husband and your future son in law like to eat--and then put in a dietary request for your daughter--no explanation necessary...and if they want one just say that she would like to experience the ambiance, but that she is unable to eat the from the selection of foods that they have. Should be no problem :) Espcecially at V&A or the bistro.

Eat at Narcoossee's. Time it so you will be there, maybe at dessert-time, when the fireworks go off at the Magic Kingdom.

Originally posted by 206bones
Eat at Narcoossee's. Time it so you will be there, maybe at dessert-time, when the fireworks go off at the Magic Kingdom.

Not good for a picky eater unless you pre-arrange DD's meal. Unless they changed their menu to something more permanent.

Originally posted by Lisa loves Pooh
Not good for a picky eater unless you pre-arrange DD's meal. Unless they changed their menu to something more permanent.

I just noticed the DD posted--boy was I out of it yesterday!

I think Bride-2-be--if you eat at California Grill, you should be fine. You can always call in advance to double check their menu--with 48 or 72 hours notice (I forget wish)--if you get to concerned, you can special order your chicken dish :)

Congratulations and enjoy!

I've always wanted to go to Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. It is a romantic setting, upscale, and more adult than Ohana's or Cinderella's. They also have very good food.
I have never ate there, but I did get to go to a food tasting there where they brought out samples of their menu. The salmon was very good.
Prices are $24 - $34 per entree. Menu changes seasonally.

For something simple and romantic that is not steak I would go to Palio or California Grill, maybe Artist Point, but read their menu first! Most places will have basic ingredients and will prepare something special, and although rarely mentioned - if you like pork the pork entrees are always outstanding. If you want a more quiet atmosphere at CG, ask about being seated in the wine room, you can go outside on the deck to watch Wishes but will also have a very quiet meal setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter