Who is ready for a trip report?

Hey Kris, if you guys happen to go to Disney Springs (World of Disney), I've been looking for a Jungle Cruise Skipper canvas messenger bag.
Please let me know if you see them there. Thanks

Our day yesterday (tuesday). the original plan was to cook the chicken and asparagus but bert and i both had calls ALL day that went till 6 (bert was 6 and i was done at 5:15). Because of the meetings he was trying to get ahead of stuff and put out the charcoal. Well it sat too long before he started it so at 4 it would not light. He was on a call and i was doing an interview. I was like whatever can't deal with it. So on my next call i tried to light the charcoal and nope would not light. Of course this is when our neighbors came in :(.

My new office view.

image.jpg

The good news is we had leftovers we were planning to eat today, so we switched. Last night after dinner then we were taking mallory for a walk and said let's hit Crocket's Tavern. Normally we don't take Mallory and you are not supposed. No dogs there. We just said you know what if they say something we apologize and leave. She is in a cart so it is not like she is out running around. We got our pic and then a drink at the bar. Talked to another couple and then the electric water pageant started. We headed to the beach to watch but we did not go on the beach because of mallory.

9BECF8FB-DEA2-48A9-B7FF-C1FFE2E81744.jpeg

Water pageant.

326627E1-E27C-42A4-9344-7731D846AA1E.jpeg

C0E79FFC-81B1-4F27-A7C7-E8F030365A2B.jpeg

We were parked by 4 CM mask police who said nothing about mallory. After the electrical water pageant, i saw 4 dogs walking back from the beach. whatever, at least that means we can bring mallory to crocket's at least mid week, might not try it on the weekend.

On the way back stopped at the trading post and bought some more firewood.

Tonight hopefully cook the chicken. My day is not really any less nutty, so we might have to swing back by crocket's. trying to get through today and tomorrow then we are off on Friday.

@tigger92662 will look at the springs for you.

will add some pics

Last edited:
Enjoying your trip report, especially the Mallory pics. We unfortunately had to cancel our January trip this year and are missing it a great deal. Next trip to FW is scheduled for November 2021, hoping for the best. In the meantime we will have to depend on you for our Fort fix!

I know I gave Bert some grief about his lack of fire. But as we see above, he has fire now.

giphy.gif

Pictures of Bert cooking make me hungry! :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

@garneska, since you're down there, would you mind checking on a couple things so I can update my what's open thread? Are the movies still every other night? Assume still no boat running between the other Bay Lake resorts? Have they started boat rentals back? The Disney site lists them as still not available but just wanted to confirm. Thanks much and enjoy your trip!!

@Bishoparc will do. I did not see the boats running to the resorts on Tuesday night. Movies are looking like it is still every other night as the other night they were filling in with bingo but will check again. I will check on boat rentals tomorrow.

Last night on the walk a site in 1200 was decked out.

7B3F8F08-74C5-48C0-B1B7-C6C02C1A3FAA.jpeg

1183ABF3-47DE-4839-98B5-7C3502ABE6C7.jpeg

It is quite cold. Put Mallory outside at 10:30. I joined her just after noon. Right now I wish I had a sunny site instead of shade.

E9069034-58AE-49F1-A410-4E24887E8B4F.jpeg

And I am wearing gloves and have blanket

image.jpg

Going to dinner tonight at Cali Grille. Driving over since no easy transportation after dinner and ressie is at 5:30 and Bert has a call at 5:15

Last night on the walk a site in 1200 was decked out.

View attachment 552721

View attachment 552722

It is quite cold. Put Mallory outside at 10:30. I joined her just after noon. Right now I wish I had a sunny site instead of shade.

View attachment 552723

And I am wearing gloves and have blanket

View attachment 552724

Going to dinner tonight at Cali Grille. Driving over since no easy transportation after dinner and ressie is at 5:30 and Bert has a call at 5:15

Quite cold, really.....what about 65. :sad2:
Here today was 22 degrees with a 20mph wind, wind chill near zero.:cold:

Woke up to 22 with a windchill of 9. Wife has the propane fireplace going upstairs and I have the two heat pumps fans running non stop to distribute the glorious heat.

We are jealous, though this is making me look more and more forward to heading down there this summer.

I look forward to how california grille is tonight....it is one of my favorites.

Cali Grille was excellent. We did have to move quick as our work day got super busy but we made it to check in at 5:35. Ressie was at 5:30.

We only have 4 meal ressies this trip so we were picky. Had an excellent dinner. We started with the sushi tuna sampler and I forgot to take a picture. It was excellent. The sourdough bread was delicious and it was served with a fire roasted tomato dip.

Next we had the beef short rib wontons. There were four but I remembered the pic half way through.

4C823DB1-2B71-4277-AF2A-73CA8DA86EFE.jpeg

We opened a bottle of wine. It was a red from Silverado winery red blend in the super Tuscan style. This would go nicely with my beef short rib and Bert’s waygu. I told him to order it. I wanted to try it.

B4968909-93BE-4C90-88AB-0F38944BF5A7.jpeg

CF62064F-94A4-4293-B94E-D71C98578B37.jpeg

Then we stayed a bit and had a cocktail. I had an old fashion and he had a classic side car. Both were excellent.

EAE03EC3-DAC5-4F19-8BD4-1F67A6844479.jpeg

Then the server asked about dessert and we were done, but he said no. He brought us a piece of white cake with buttercream frosting. I think it is the free celebration dessert. I love buttercream. Again forgot the pic.

Then we wandered around the contemporary

3AFEEE1E-0737-4A54-8FB9-F33CFDB18CC4.jpeg

Then got back about 8:30. Took Mallory on a quick walk and I ended up with an issue at work. I worked from 9 to 11. Got up early to check with offshore folks. I ran and it is starting to fill up.

Bert is making pancakes now.

I love wandering around the Contemporary. Cali Grill looked great.

j

Ok here is donut number 1. The maple bacon. Pretty freaking delicious. All the donuts look awesome. I might buy more. Did not make it to Gideon’s today but hopefully tomorrow. Having bf at homecomin. If not more donuts.

D1B71069-6EBF-4153-A2F2-9763F8B7391F.jpeg

By mid afternoon our loop is half full but am expecting it to fill up in another hour or two

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter