• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who says 3rd times a charm...the second is! May 22nd-29th!

toddlers_mom

Mouseketeer
Alright. I'm getting a little antsy to start my PTR even though I haven't finalized details yet! It's late, so I'll do a little intro and probably add more information tomorrow (or today, however you want to look at it!). I had an old profile on here, but had to make a new one because every single password for every site was compromised early last June and I lost all my accounts :(

I'm Kara. I'm 26 and a single momma to the most awesome almost 4 year old ever. My son and I went to Disney for a week last May and had an amazing time. It was the first time visiting for both of us! Ever since, I was bitten by the Disney bug and have been trying to find ways to make a trip happen this year with my measly tax refund. Until a couple days ago, I didn't think I would be able to but due to some changes in circumstances I think I am going to be able to swing it!

Instead of staying on site, we most likely will be staying at Windsor Hills at the end of May for a week. A good friend of mine and her 2 small children will be staying with us, therefore splitting the cost of the condo!

I am a little sad that we won't be able to do the DDP. I was actually really looking forward to it after blowing all my cash last year within the first couple of days! However, I do plan on going to a couple character meals this year as well as hitting up The Wave. One of these days I will stay deluxe on property!

So a little about me. Like I said, I am 26 and a single mom. I am a full time student starting nursing school this coming August. I got hit hard by the economy last year and lost my job and unfortunately haven't had much luck finding anything new. Luckily, with the help of money in savings and all of that the last year has been pretty easy on us. I actually get to start working as a CNA in a few months! It will be weird working again!

A little about the kiddo. He will be 4 in April and thinks he is about 10! He's a tall monster...measuring in at about 42 inches tall! I wish he'd grow about 6 inches before May. Kidding! He's an amazing little boy and a momma's boy all over. He had so much fun at Disney last year and cannot wait to go back. I had people in my ear the whole time telling me he was too young and wouldn't remember it. Boy were they wrong! He still talks about it! I know he will have so much more fun this year.

Anyway, I cannot wait to really get into planning...and you will also be able to see how completely anal and OCD I am about planning my trips! Hope to get to know some of you!

And now for some pictures!

PG338820090509184027343230.jpg

PG338820090512003551406628.jpg

12454_177605291710_507921710_3417069_1585292_n.jpg

4952_92511546710_507921710_2418254_4155938_n.jpg

:wave2: Hi Kara! Looking forward to reading more of your plans. I will also be at Disney May 22-May 29....so will lots of other DISers. :banana:

And, by the way, what is wrong with being completely anal and OCD when it comes to Disney trip planning?!?!? ;)

Thanks for reading Michelle! And you're right! The OCD kinda adds to the excitement during the planning ;)

Hi Kara! Glad to see you back. I followed your PTR last year. Looks like we're going the same week this year! Can't wait to see your plans. I can't believe how big your little guy has gotten! They grow so fast don't they? :confused3

Hey! How neat that we are going at the same time :) I hope that the dates stick! I can't believe how awesome of a deal I found!

He sure is getting huge :( I will need to find some more recent pictures of him...he grew 6 inches since our trip last year!

Well I am sitting at school, completely bored waiting for my class to start at 3. I cannot wait until I am completely done taking anatomy! This is my second go 'round with this class, mainly because I got a B the first time and I need an A for nursing school!

So, question. I know Florida residents get a discount at Disney. That doesn't apply to their family members though, right? Like they can't buy tickets at their discount and give them to family. My sister mentioned it today but I didn't think they could do it. I thought it only applied to them and when they went to the parks.

Either way, I am not too worried. I will probably be getting tickets through undercovertourist this year for about a $30 difference in price :)

Ugh. Come on 3:00.

I can't wait to read more about your planning! I don't think there is any age too young for Disney. My parents took me when I was 6 months old and countless times after that. I took my daughter when she was 2 months old, 13 months old, and during our next trip she'll be just over 2! She may not have remembered those first two trips, but man, we sure will! Just the look on her face seeing everything during that second trip was incredible. :) Have fun!

Thanks for reading Michelle! And you're right! The OCD kinda adds to the excitement during the planning ;)

:thumbsup2 As long as we don't go too far! When I'm getting out of control, my husband will call me the "Park Nazi"--Remember Seinfield and the "Soup Nazi"?

Hey Kara!! Glad to see you and Rylan are heading back to Disney! I soooo wish we were going again in May, but I guess we'll have to just wait until December.:upsidedow I think you will really like Windsor Hills, I've heard great things about it and it's probably just as close to the parks as Pop was for you last year! What else has been going on with you? Have you been in touch with Brandi? I haven't seen her on the boards in a long time. I wanted to hear how her trip this past Dec. was.

Anyway, can't wait to see how your plans unfold! Keep us on the edge of our seats!!popcorn::

I can't wait to read more about your planning! I don't think there is any age too young for Disney. My parents took me when I was 6 months old and countless times after that. I took my daughter when she was 2 months old, 13 months old, and during our next trip she'll be just over 2! She may not have remembered those first two trips, but man, we sure will! Just the look on her face seeing everything during that second trip was incredible. :) Have fun!

I agree! I remember getting teary eyed during the first parade at MK last year. Just experiencing it through my son's eyes was reason enough to go and go back more and more!

:thumbsup2 As long as we don't go too far! When I'm getting out of control, my husband will call me the "Park Nazi"--Remember Seinfield and the "Soup Nazi"?

Haha! I'm pretty good about it :) I just research and research and research places to stay, what deal to get, how much food, what character meals, etc. lol. Wendy knows what I am talking about! I definitely had a spreadsheet last year with our trip days and the hours for each park we would be going to, with EMH and everything :)

Hey Kara!! Glad to see you and Rylan are heading back to Disney! I soooo wish we were going again in May, but I guess we'll have to just wait until December.:upsidedow I think you will really like Windsor Hills, I've heard great things about it and it's probably just as close to the parks as Pop was for you last year! What else has been going on with you? Have you been in touch with Brandi? I haven't seen her on the boards in a long time. I wanted to hear how her trip this past Dec. was.

Anyway, can't wait to see how your plans unfold! Keep us on the edge of our seats!!popcorn::

Gosh, just think of how awesome it would have been to plan another trip together! I will just have to show you all the pictures to hold you over ;) I've heard really good things about WH too and I've been looking at all the possibilities.

Nothing else has been going on. Was actually dating a guy over the summer for about 5 months. He was awesome, but he couldn't get used to the whole "built in family" thing. He had to move to Michigan (right freakin' by you...kinda- in Ann Arbor...I wish I'd been able to contact you!) in September and things kinda went downhill from there.

Haven't talked to Brandi :( I lost contact with everyone once my accounts were all compromised :( I don't even know her last name to re-add her on facebook! I've missed you guys!

Yay! New development which will probably give me something to do today ;)

A good friend of mine is getting married on May 15th and it turns out her soon to be hubby will be leaving the next weekend (day I leave) for a week for some business trip. Soooo I asked her if she wanted to go with us and she said yes!

Which means the cost has decreased!

I am still trying to convince my sister to come with since she didn't go last year.

So now I am going to attempt to price out 4 bedroom rental homes (with a pool) to see if we can do that instead of a condo. I am pretty excited!

Good luck on house hunting! We rented a 4 bdr 3bath with pool and hot tub in 2006 the week of Memorial Day for $750 for the entire week. It was a really nice place about 15 minutes from the parks. We were travelling with another family on a tight budget so it just made sense. It worked out great. Hope you find a great place at a great price!

That's an awesome price! Only about $50 more than what I am looking at for the condo. Where did you stay, if you don't mind me asking?

More good news...I had to have about $2000 worth of dental work done in December and this month (root canal, blech) which ended up working out for me! I didn't even remember at the time that I could use the money I paid (about $1000) as a deduction for my taxes, which ended up giving me about $800 or $900 more than what I had expected back! Which makes this trip so much easier and leaves me with much less worry! I am so happy about this :)

For those who knew me from my PTR last year, here are some updated photos of the kiddo ;) (don't mind his shaggy, shaggy hair!)

Image3.jpg

015-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

birthdayww-1.jpg

WOW!!!! Rylan is getting so big! He's such a little man now!! It's bummin me out how fast our tots are growing. Having Eva has really made me realize just how big Emily is getting. She's not my little baby anymore! :sad1:

Cool that you have another to split the cost of a condo with. The less you spend on a place to stay only gives you more cash for dining and souvenirs!!

Haha exactly...and maybe we will actually get to do a character meal this year! Lovin' the online ressies...so much easier to do it that way!

Annnnd this is what I did tonight ;)

For some reason my debit card won't work for touring plans to get the crowd calendar so I have to wait to make my spreadsheet on that :(

Disneymayhours.jpg

Hello! Jumping in to your pretrppie. Hi! :wave2: We are taking out little one a couple of weeks before you so it'll be fun to read along to see what you plan to do with your little one. He is a cutie! Just had to join to tell you that I have an hours spreadsheet almost identical to yours - complete with color coded EMH hours! haha. How wierd. I also have my ADRs listed correspondingly at the bottom of my spreadsheet. Count me in as another ocd planner!

Glad you joined! Do you have a PTR of your own? If so, I will have to hunt it down!

I love that the OCD-ness gives me something to do ;) I made the same spreadsheet last year. Although, EMH doesn't matter much this year since the chance of me staying on site is slim. The only way that will happen is if I end up going it alone!

Alright...its football day!! Gotta get us ready to go to my moms and watch the COLTS whoop some Jets butt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter