• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who says 3rd times a charm...the second is! May 22nd-29th!

Gosh, totally forgot! In that last recent picture of me (and my avatar) I was in my Halloween costume which just so happened to be Alice in Wonderland (minus the blond hair) ;) I wish I could find a full length picture! Obviously the costume was a bit sexier than the original WD movie ;)

My friends and I are actually planning a Disney princess bar crawl in the spring haha. I will be Alice again and they will cover the rest of the princesses. Should be interesting!

Glad you joined! Do you have a PTR of your own? If so, I will have to hunt it down!

I love that the OCD-ness gives me something to do ;) I made the same spreadsheet last year. Although, EMH doesn't matter much this year since the chance of me staying on site is slim. The only way that will happen is if I end up going it alone!

Alright...its football day!! Gotta get us ready to go to my moms and watch the COLTS whoop some Jets butt!

Thanks! I don't have a PTR of my own, but I am addicted to reading other people's PTRs and TRs. Hoping Peyton puts the smackdown on the Jets! My teams are out so I don't have the same feelings watching the games, but I am not a Jets fan. Plus, I love all of Peyton's commercials! :lmao:

Gosh, totally forgot! In that last recent picture of me (and my avatar) I was in my Halloween costume which just so happened to be Alice in Wonderland (minus the blond hair) ;) I wish I could find a full length picture! Obviously the costume was a bit sexier than the original WD movie ;)

My friends and I are actually planning a Disney princess bar crawl in the spring haha. I will be Alice again and they will cover the rest of the princesses. Should be interesting!

What a cute idea!!!

Hi Kara!! I found your PTR when you posted on mine!! :goodvibes I'm joining in! Where in Indy do you live? My hubby is up there a lot for work. He flies into Indy but works in Columbus, IN when he's there! Indy is a really neat city!! :goodvibes BTW--I'm watching the Colts play and I'm hoping they win!! :cheer2:

What a cute idea!!!

I thought it was hilarious when a friend of mine threw it out there! I will definitely have to post pictures, it should be a trip!

Hi Kara!! I found your PTR when you posted on mine!! :goodvibes I'm joining in! Where in Indy do you live? My hubby is up there a lot for work. He flies into Indy but works in Columbus, IN when he's there! Indy is a really neat city!! :goodvibes BTW--I'm watching the Colts play and I'm hoping they win!! :cheer2:

I live on the north side in an area called Broad Ripple :) About 15 minutes north of downtown Indy. I love it here!

You know...the first half is the exact reason why we nicknamed them the cardiac Colts this season!

UGH. Sooo I touringplans.com changed their subscription rules. Now, even if you have the 2010 UG you don't get free access. And, freakin' paypal won't accept my debit card so I can pay for the subscription :( Boo. I want to plan out which days are best!

He'll kill me one day when I pull these out to show a future girlfriend ;) Although he did tell me today that he is never getting married.

009-5.jpg

008-1.jpg

Well, I've not been wanting to make ADRs since I don't have the crowd calendar yet but I decided to go ahead and make some tentative ones. There are only 3 normal ADRs so its not like it will kill me to switch around.

Monday 5/23

Crystal Palace- 8:15am

Tuesday 5/24

The Wave- 12:05pm

Thursday 5/27

Chef Mickey's- 7:30am

Obviously, I am not going all out on ADRs even though I would love to. I want to keep our schedule slightly flexible and since we are staying off site we will be buying groceries as well. But, these are the ones I really wanted to hit up. I cannot wait to take a bite of that Italian Chef Salad at The Wave!

There is also some availability for Spirit of Aloha as well. I really want to book that as well. I've figured out the total cost (including tax and tip) and adding Aloha is only $50 more than what I budgeted, so I think we should go for it!

I've got about 2 weeks until I put the deposit down on wherever we are staying :) I'm still doing a little searching around and waiting to hear back from my sister and my friend Jen to make sure they are definites. If we have 4 adults, a 3 bedroom condo won't cut it!

Hope everyone had a spectacular weekend!

Now, I ended up buying the Unofficial Guide 2010 last night. I had the 2009 edition but I figured I would update and also save 50% on touringplans.com as soon as I can find a card that will let me pay for it online! Some of you may have noticed that I mentioned Rylan grew about 6 inches since our last trip. Well, it might be more now, I haven't measured him since October or November! Anyway, he is now over 40 inches tall. Which means........he can ride on more rides! I was going through the UG last night and I am so excited for him to ride on some that I really wanted to try! Last year, I made a list of the ones we definitely needed to try so I am going to attempt to do that today :)

I told my mom and dad that we were planning a trip in May. Crazily enough (is crazily a word?!) they didn't complain! My mom can be the type to complain even if I had an extra $10,000 lying around while making $200k a year haha. I think she knew how much fun we had last year and how this is a last hurrah for us before nursing school. I am also planning on staying in Tampa for 4 days after Disney. The maternal side of my family lives there, including my grandparents. Unfortunately my grandparents are starting to feel their age. My grandfather was diagnosed with normal pressure hydrocephaly (in layman's terms- water on the brain) several months ago and underwent surgery to place a shunt in his brain. He had been having balance problems, problems with brain function, falling and dizzy spells, etc. He's doing better now. My grandmother has to have a 2nd back surgery sometime before we take our trip. Needless to say, we will be visiting, if even only for a short while, so they have a chance to see Rylan and I. My mom, I think, has no qualms about the trip mainly because she really wants us to see them. My aunt, uncle, and 4 younger cousins live there as well. My aunt and I have always been super close (she's like my almost 50 year old sister) so I really want to see them too :)

WOW...girl you have a lot going on!!! Good for you for being positive about everything.

Your ADR's are looking yummy!!

Alright, don't mind me on this post.

I have quite a bit of "figuring out" to do. There are several possibilities for what may or may not happen with this trip. While my friends say they definitely want to go, I want to plan for a what if- just in case. So, I am pricing out staying on property as well. I received a PIN code good for the whole year pretty much for 30-35-40% off value, mod, and deluxe.

So, if people back out, I will stay on property. I'll just be using this post to price everything out so I can see it all up close and at once :)

Option 1

May 22nd-29th
CSR
Standard Room Only Ressie- $917.80 (Including 35% off)
8 day PH MYW passes for 1 adult and 1 child
Undercover Tourist- $557
ADR cost- $200
Groceries- $100
Four night stay at Hyatt Place Busch Gardens- $380

Total- $2154

Option 2:

Standard Room @ CSR- $917.20
8 day PH MYW passes
Purchased from Disney- $580 (not including tax of course)
Plus Dining- about $380
(no groceries)
4 night stay in Tampa- $380

Total- $2257

Option 3: (I will just put the most expensive option for an accurate result)

Windsor Hills Condo/Vacation Home- $290
8 day PH MYW passes
Undercover Tourist- $557
Groceries- $100
ADR cost- $200
Hyatt Place- $380

Total- $1527

Option 4:

ASMo- $605.10 (including 30% off)
8 day PH MYW passes
Disney- $580
Plus Dining- $380
Hyatt Place- $380

Total- $1951

Have you thought about renting DVC? We are doing that for our trip and staying at a studio at the Boardwalk and it works out to be about $130 a night...plus you can add the DDP but you don't pay for it till you check in.

I've always considered it in the past, but figured it would be out of the budget. Well, not like there is one haha. I should check into that! Gosh...I would love to stay at BW...or BC or YC. The wheels are turnin'. (well except the fact that YC isn't DVC)

I just priced out AKL Villas...and for a Savannah view I could potentially pay less than I would for a mod with my discount.

Hi Kara
I remember you from last May! Rylan is such a good looking guy! And so tall-could he loan Cayley an inch or 2??
We are also going the same week-staying at the Poly. My ODD and I will be at CP that Mon as well-at 9a.
I think it's great you are pricing out all your options. Good luck in class.

I've always considered it in the past, but figured it would be out of the budget. Well, not like there is one haha. I should check into that! Gosh...I would love to stay at BW...or BC or YC. The wheels are turnin'. (well except the fact that YC isn't DVC)

I just priced out AKL Villas...and for a Savannah view I could potentially pay less than I would for a mod with my discount.

Yea definitely check into it!! We have stayed quite a few times on points and it's usually just as cheap!

Hi Kara
I remember you from last May! Rylan is such a good looking guy! And so tall-could he loan Cayley an inch or 2??
We are also going the same week-staying at the Poly. My ODD and I will be at CP that Mon as well-at 9a.
I think it's great you are pricing out all your options. Good luck in class.

Hey! I remember you too :goodvibes

Thanks :) Unfortunately he looks a little too much like his dad so I can't take the credit for that ;) He does, however, need a darn hair cut!

Maybe we will run into you at CP!

Yea definitely check into it!! We have stayed quite a few times on points and it's usually just as cheap!

Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

Okay...reading someone else's PTR got me in the mood to do a little online window shopping :)

Rylan's birthday is coming up in (eek!) about 2 months! He will be 4 and I couldn't be more sad. I want my little baby to stop growing up!

Alright enough with the sappy momma talk. Anyway, I headed on over to the online Disney Store and found a few things I want to get for our trip :)

backpack.jpg

partyshirt.jpg
woody.jpg

(This is my party shirt)

And ugh. Sinus infection or something. My head is buzzing. That's probably my cue to hit the hay! I'll do a little more looking around tomorrow since it's a lazy day for me all day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter