Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

We are finally in the barn too. Left out at 11am and it took 5 hours plus an hour stop at Ruby Tuesday's in Bay Minette so my meatlover DW could get a steak for lunch. I rolled the trailer into the garage and emptied the car before i left my feet and dove onto the couch. I know me and if i rested and left the car for "later" i may not have made it off the couch tonight.

I had forgotten (and learned a tough lesson today) to avoid the Beach Hwy and Hwy 59 leaving Gulf Shores on Sunday at midday. The condos in the area have a common checkout time around 11am so ERRY'BODY is headed north leaving town at the same time. Try to stay off those 2 main roads as much as possible. Dont make my mistake.

Time to process all the vacation laundry. Fun. :scared::laundy:

Bama Ed

Glad yall made it home safely, I'm with you Michael on the air horns! We went to unload the camper and I had a wonderful great idea, I thought about the blue beach wagon Tiggerdad had, so after a quick trip to Walmart...
20160605_175803_zps70qqxjfh.jpg

It only to 2 wagon fulls to unload the food and clothes, best idea I've had in a long time...before we unloaded the camper we were doing some looking and thinking and figured some time/days for booking the Fort for Halloween 2017, it 513 days away, then we talked about Christmas 2017 so we seriously debating on it, and we did a quick price check for next month, July. I know it's hot and busy then but we only plan on two park days IF we go. Only thing for sure is GSP next year.

Here are some pics from GSP this week.

One of the biking trails also call Gulf Oak Ridge Trail

IMAG0222a.jpg

One of the stop-off areas along Catman Road
IMAG0225a.jpg

A view of the longest pier on the Gulf Coast
IMAG0248a.jpg

Construction cranes working on the new convention center, replacing the one that was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan
IMAG0249a.jpg

The beach pavilion looking from Live Oak Drive
IMG_0009a.jpg

Looking toward Orange Beach from Live Oak Drive
IMG_0010a.jpg

and finally, as if you expected anything else from me
IMG_0013a.jpg

IMG_0014a.jpg

BamaEd we're sorry we missed you. For some reason I thought you were leaving today and we we're going to say goodbye last night. It was great to me you and your wife. We enjoyed the food, conversation and puzzle. Also thanks for the gift. I'm sure we'll meet again in the near future. See you on the board until then. Thanks, Joe & family.

Last edited:
If I missed thanking anyone please know this week has been great and you all were appreciated. You all welcomed us in. You fed us and you entertained us. I would be hard pressed to find a better group of people anywhere. We look forward to seeing each family again soon. May it be here or the Fort. If life treats me good I intend on getting the tow vehicle I want and then maybe we can go north or even out west. We love the Smokies and Stone Mountain would be nice too. Everyone stay safe and stay in touch.

Last edited:
Thanks Joe. We'll be back down in July so maybe get to see you again then.

Third week of July for our next run. It will be our "down" trip. Primarily beach and hanging out at camper and relaxing this time around.

Randy,

Tell your dad that I dug into my take-home bag tonight from the shrimp boil for supper and it was just as good now (maybe like a chili that's cooked and leftovers refrigerated - maybe even better the 2nd time around?). The shrimp I peeled and ate cold but I warmed up the potatoes and sausage in the microwave and the hot-cold mix was good.

My one suggestion for next year - add more corn. There was NONE in my take-home bag. :sad2:

Bama Ed

PS - I licked my fingers clean before typing this post. Still have some left - not enough for another meal but maybe a snack. Had to cut the front yard tonight (after I got home from the office) which was tall after being gone for a week with all this rain so I was hungry tonight. The snack may get me through the back yard tomorrow (not as tall). :teeth:

How was this different from last week? :duck:

j

Nope, that was active by my standards as far as camping in Gulf Shores. I prefer beach about two hours a day, pool afterwards, then evening beach walking and wedding photo bombing.

In between I enjoy napping. Beginning today, I am only off 4 days between now and that next camping trip in July. I need the rest.

So glad everyone made it home OK. Arnold is mowing & weeding. Our grass was so high kept losing our Missy in the grass. We have had so much rain in May & so far June as been wet. But we are suppose to be dry until - you guessed it Fri & Sat rain. We will be going to Johnston City, Tx 6/16 after work until Sunday. Take care - if God willing & the creek don't rise hope to meet y'all next May.

Sounds like everyone had an awesome time. I see Tiggerdad had the NSS with him there too. I think he brings them along with him.

Sounds like everyone had an awesome time. I see Tiggerdad had the NSS with him there too. I think he brings them along with him.

Not so much them as it was all the rabbits. That place is crawling with bunnies. Somebody needs to stop playing the Barry White around that place...

Flametamr, hope your enjoying your last few days at GSP. Have you booked next year yet?....

I bet Joe is still in the pool...:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter