• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Well, as of this morning it has all changed. In our monthly ED meeting this morning they announced that our new electronic medical records system training begins in July. ED staff training is 2nd and 3rd week which includes me. We will apparently have to work one week while half the staff attends and then swap the next week. :mad:

I could get by with a few days off, but not the whole week. My wife, the health records coder, has her training 3rd and 4th week so double :mad:.

I had originally toyed with cancelling the trip last month, but we kept it to give us two summer vacations. Well, now it's for sure over with.

Damnit

That stinks. You know how those hospital IT people are. :D

What EMR are you going to?

j

That stinks. You know how those hospital IT people are. :D

What EMR are you going to?

j
EPIC apparently. We were using McKesson before they went under.

I'm trying to find something locally so I can still camp and be close enough to make class.

Sorry to hear about that Michael. I understand having to make plans you can't always keep. With the fire department we had to pick our entire next years vacations in October. At the end I got 5 weeks to use up. It was a lot better than most but still difficult.

I'm trying to find something locally so I can still camp and be close enough to make class.
Camping commuting isn't too bad.

We are going to Epic, but not for about 2 years. I lost a couple of my team to the project about a year ago. There is a director spot open that my former staff keep trying to get me to take. Let me know what you think.

j

Sorry to hear about your trip tiggerdad. I was telling the DW about you having to cancel due to the training. The look on her face when I told her your training was in EPIC said it all. She is an inpatient PT and had to learn EPIC, Rehab Optima, and McKesson for home health.

Hope you can work on a couple of local trips.

Yeah that ni good about work popping something on you, but look at it this way, at least you didn't have a site booked at Fort Wilderness, missing out on GSP is bad but it could be worse.

I'm still trying to figure out my work schedule, everything it up in the air. Hopefully I'll find something out this week. Way it looks now, I'll miss the rest of school break so another camping trip is out the window before my DW start back preparing for school takes in. Just looking now at dates, I may be home over Halloween but I know the Fort is booked up solid, so I'm think north, maybe another trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Looking at the KOA in Pigeon Forge, it's a short walk to The Old Mill Restaurant.

We were in Pigeon Forge in July of 2015. We stayed at Mill Creek Campground in Pigeon Forge. It was nice, but it doesn't even come close to the Fort. We did enjoy our time at Pigeon Forge. Of course we spent time in Dollywood too. Spent a day in Gatlinburg. Wish we had more time there though. DW is already working on another Pigeon Forge/Gaitlinburg trip.

Randy some people recently reported success in booking sites at the Fort for Halloween. It's your decision but never hurts to try.

I'm think north, maybe another trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Looking at the KOA in Pigeon Forge, it's a short walk to The Old Mill Restaurant.

DW is already working on another Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg trip.
I'm looking up things around PF/Gatlinburg/Smoky Mt Ntl Park now. We'll be getting there the last weekend of July. It will be my 4th or 5th trip, but it's been 13 years since we were there, and that was a brief stop on the way to Myrtle Beach.
I think we are going to spend some time in the park. There are a lot of things we have never seen. I found a steam train tour in NC just outside the park that looks fun too.

j

On a happy note we're going to Disney again July 11-14. Trying to get mileage out of my AP and save money so we're doing the discount hotel in Kissimmee again. We'll do mornings in the water parks and theme parks in the evenings. Had to work to get my FP's with only a couple of weeks to plan. With the AP we can only book 30 days out. Spending 4 days and celebrating my birthday on the last day. Happy 56 to me.

Last edited:
For those that thought I was funny about it being hot at GSP (it wasn't hot... Great weather while we were there) and didn't think St Louis got as hot as the coast. It's been mid-upper 90s here for a week. The last 3 days were 98, 99, 98 with high humidity. When I drove to work this morning about 0630, the car said 90 already. The heat index has been 104-115 this week.

Give me the beach! where it's been nice and cool in the 80s all week.

j

With the AP we can only book 30 days out.
Is it that you can only book 30 days out with the AP or is that you can only book 30 days out because you are not staying on-site?

We have never had an AP but will likely be convert to one when we go in August, but if it's only 30 days out, regardless of where you stay, that you can book FP with the AP, it's something else to consider.

Is it that you can only book 30 days out with the AP or is that you can only book 30 days out because you are not staying on-site?

We have never had an AP but will likely be convert to one when we go in August, but if it's only 30 days out, regardless of where you stay, that you can book FP with the AP, it's something else to consider.

Yes it's because were not staying on site. If we were on site it would be like everyone else. With our Platinum Plus passes we can go anytime to any park or water park without any blackout days but can only book fast passes 30 days ahead. I think it's the same with all passes.

For the record we have heat warnings today here in Mobile 25 miles from the Gulf. We're expected to have heat index of 110.

For the record we have heat warnings today here in Mobile 25 miles from the Gulf. We're expected to have heat index of 110.
I did my Basic and Advanced Training for the Army in Alabama (Anniston). I did them both in the summer (Basic Summer of 1986 and Advanced in Summer of 1987) and both were Hot and Humid. Every day they would have the "Wet Bulb" out to make sure it was safe to train. There were many days, that we had to just Sit because it was too hot and the humidity was so high (saturated air) that even sweat wouldn't cool the body. So I can imagine what Mobile is like.

Try and stay cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter