Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

We were in site 249 on Gator rd. Really like the site, but next year we are in 222. Close enough to walk to the pool.

We love Gator Road. My usual spot is 215 right by the bike path to the pool. That's where we go the most. But some unfriendly person booked it ahead of me for the Dismeet next Memorial day so we'll actually be in 222 just ahead of you Jedi_Howard. We're booked from May 27 to June 10. We'll try to leave it clean for you.

Okay so I figured if the truck got a new tattoo it was only fair that I get one. Mine is a little more permanent. Figured while we were there I'd include the wife. Mine is of course Fireman Mickey on my calf. And the wife got her a small one on her wrist.

I seen these on the I am so Disney page on FB!

We have been in the new place for almost a week. We went out to the park, as we do every night, and someone shouted, "Is that Mallory?" I said yes and the girl was like look she is famous. All I thought was yep, she is a rock star. Moving sucks. Right now getting the house ready to go on the market. We are enjoying the tiny commute from work. Mallory is not fond of the elevator but is getting used to it. Yeti is doing surprisingly well. It will still be a busy weekend but hoping by August to have house on the market and the condo all set up.

We have not booked yet but are going to try for the meet next year. I did see a bit of my deployment schedule for 2017, it's not pretty but have a hefty deployment in April so might be able to swing May.

We are taking our maiden voyage with our tt to Gulf State Park. Any recommendations? We won't go until September, and we frequent Gulf Shores to visit family and for fun. We live 2hours away. Is there enough to do at the park to not have to go out into tourist land?

We are taking our maiden voyage with our tt to Gulf State Park. Any recommendations? We won't go until September, and we frequent Gulf Shores to visit family and for fun. We live 2hours away. Is there enough to do at the park to not have to go out into tourist land?

Well, it depends.

The park has a nice pool that should still be comfortable in September. It has nice paved trails for bikes or on foot to enjoy. But if you're expecting to be entertained, no. If you want the excitement of the zipline, you have to pay. If you want the novelty of the Segway tour on the back trails, you have to pay.

But you have free access to the beach pavilion and fishing pier (I don't fish but I have gone out just to watch). GSP is a place to relax and unwind.

Have a great trip.

Bama Ed

For everyone that made it to GSP and those that were following along, my niece and her boyfriend finally made it official and got engaged last week. They've been dating a long time and were looking at houses this spring, so it really wasn't a surprise. The date is next July 2nd. A Sunday wedding seems odd, but hey.

13438824_10154544384567334_9027959522536455893_n_zpskw62es1l.jpg~original

j

For everyone that made it to GSP and those that were following along, my niece and her boyfriend finally made it official and got engaged last week. They've been dating a long time and were looking at houses this spring, so it really wasn't a surprise. The date is next July 2nd. A Sunday wedding seems odd, but hey.

Jim,

That is great news. Good luck to the happy couple.

Bama Ed

Jim please pass on our Congratulations to the Happy couple.

Hey Bert, Kris and Ed, Guess what ? Apparently we are runners now. No Really. Well maybe. So the story goes this way. I was a little bummed last Spring Break at the Fort when I discovered there was a Star Wars race going on and I didn't know about it. Then I saw Bert and Kris's post about running the race. Then during our GSP thing we learned some are running the race in January. So I pulled the trigger today and signed myself the wife and my daughter Emma up for the Star Wars Dark Side 10K race. Unfortunately Emma's school Spring Break is the week prior to the race next year and doesn't line up like this last time. So we'll be back at Gulf State Park for Spring Break and then head to Orlando late the next Thursday after school or way early Friday morning. Just need to get there in time to get our packets that afternoon. First time for any of us to try something like this but were excited. Hope we'll have friends there.

Once you cross a Finish Line and get your medal, I promise you'll be hooked, Flametamr.

I'll be cheering for all of you! :cheer2:

Bama Ed

Flame that is awesome. So happy for you. As Ed said you will be hooked. Funny Bert and I need to discuss if we are doing Darkside. We liked it so probably will sign up. I love it when more people join the running community. Disney really does a good event for beginners.

Keep us posted on training.

Hey Kris, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping to get back in shape and "really" run it with my daughter and let my wife take her time if she wants to. We'll see how it goes with training. I gotta drop at least 20 pounds and get some legs back under me. In case you didn't know registration opens to the general public this coming Tuesday. I had it marked until I realized they allow early AP sing ups. Hope we see you there.

Got a 3-day weekend planned at Gulf in November.

There is a 5k run in Foley that time of year that I first ran in 2001 and I keep going back. They do a great job of a small community run - plus the grand prize at the awards ceremony is a free weekend at the beach in a condo.

AND I can take the satellite dish and indulge in college football watching outside plus walk the beach and ride my bike.

Let's hope the weather holds.

Bama Ed

For those that have reservations for next year's Memorial week at GSP, what sites/road are you on? I'm trying to get another cheap beach trip in for early summer since we are going to the Fort in September. Ian graduates on May 27th. That's Saturday of Memorial weekend, but we could drive down Sunday. It looks like Site 1 and 2 are available right now and they are just around the corner from Live Oak Dr where I thought most of you were going to be.

j

For those that have reservations for next year's Memorial week at GSP, what sites/road are you on? I'm trying to get another cheap beach trip in for early summer since we are going to the Fort in September. Ian graduates on May 27th. That's Saturday of Memorial weekend, but we could drive down Sunday. It looks like Site 1 and 2 are available right now and they are just around the corner from Live Oak Dr where I thought most of you were going to be.

j

Yes, we are scattered around Live Oak.

I will be in 4 again, Tiggerdad will be across the street in 18, Randy and Nick further down in something like 24 and 26. I think we are all across Live Oak from the lake with some trees/shade at our backs as much as possible. Flametamr is over in his favorite loop by the pool again.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter