Why are people on US boards so touchy?

CP has a surprisingly large # of kiddie attractions too. I like how they scatter them in zones near the various coasters, helps to keep extended families in the same area.

Breaker's snoopy rooms are cute but we much prefer Castaway Bay, has a nice little indoor Waterpark.

IMO if CP would be located in central florida and operate year round, it would change the game.
That would be sweet!

it took me a while to figure out what the "dark side" was on dis threads... i thought it was a star wars reference and often in the context it was used, it didn't really make sense. lol!

i think in some ways, it is human nature. on another thread recently on the canadian board, someone mentioned that the whole country is unified in their hate of toronto... i recounted this story of when i visited a friend in vancouver and i was introduced and people asked where i was visiting from. i said toronto and literally EACH TIME the reply was "oh. sorry" or "that's too bad".

i don't get it. vancouver was awesome, i used to live in winnipeg, i love montreal, my in-laws are from down east, every part of this fine country i have visited has amazing aspects to it (including toronto but not looking to start anything! ;)).

i think to some because THEY love it with such passion they feel obligated to "defend". some cannot defend without putting down the alternatives.

can you imagine how busy disney parks would be if universal went out of business??? ;)

it took me a while to figure out what the "dark side" was on dis threads... i thought it was a star wars reference and often in the context it was used, it didn't really make sense. lol!

i think in some ways, it is human nature. on another thread recently on the canadian board, someone mentioned that the whole country is unified in their hate of toronto... i recounted this story of when i visited a friend in vancouver and i was introduced and people asked where i was visiting from. i said toronto and literally EACH TIME the reply was "oh. sorry" or "that's too bad".

i don't get it. vancouver was awesome, i used to live in winnipeg, i love montreal, my in-laws are from down east, every part of this fine country i have visited has amazing aspects to it (including toronto but not looking to start anything! ;)).

i think to some because THEY love it with such passion they feel obligated to "defend". some cannot defend without putting down the alternatives.

can you imagine how busy disney parks would be if universal went out of business??? ;)

I thought everyone hated Quebec? o_O:D

Some people have a lot more to say than others, especially on a message board. I'm guilty as charged lol but wouldn't dream of questioning why another rolls differently.:scratchin

IMO That comparison of "over here and over there" tends to crop up more on the Disney-focused side of the boards. Odd phenom with people identifying so strongly with something they love. People often take derogatory comments re the parks/resorts/events very personally.

When HP came to town, many die-hard WDW fans took the plunge and expanded their horizons. Some were converts after just one trip. Others were obviously out of their comfort zone, quick to express themselves, often in rather derogatory terms in lieu of lively debate/constructive criticism.

Many here don't spend quite as much time on the boards as other DISers, they breeze by & find the info they need to help plan their trips.

Others are prolific posters, but more than a few do tend to focus their posts within their specific areas of interest/expertise:thumbsup2.

I don't much care why they do it, just was surprised to hear that there was an "over here over there" thing at all. I always looked at the Dis boards as just an open forum with different topics of conversation. Her post made it sound as if people chose sides and stuck with it. I guess some do, but God forbid that sound unusual to me. I find it rather silly that anyone would tell me to "please not think it's strange"....to me that was absolutely proving the OP's initial post and at first I thought she was being funny because of the topic but I see now that it was no joke. Sorry, but yes it seemed strange and having different opinions is what makes the world go round. It's not like I yelled out, "YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF FREAKS!" lol I just pointed out that it was unusual to me. The fact that I have to spell that out is so in keeping with this age of offendedness that we live in and yes it felt like some people got "touchy" about it. Keishashadow, your explanation makes perfect sense and I appreciate you saying it without the follow up jab of, "so don't feel the way you do." :tongue: I surely meant no harm when I said it. I didn't put anymore thought into it than, "huh, wow". :smooth:

I don't much care why they do it, just was surprised to hear that there was an "over here over there" thing at all. I always looked at the Dis boards as just an open forum with different topics of conversation. Her post made it sound as if people chose sides and stuck with it. I guess some do, but God forbid that sound unusual to me. I find it rather silly that anyone would tell me to "please not think it's strange"....to me that was absolutely proving the OP's initial post and at first I thought she was being funny because of the topic but I see now that it was no joke. Sorry, but yes it seemed strange and having different opinions is what makes the world go round. It's not like I yelled out, "YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF FREAKS!" lol I just pointed out that it was unusual to me. The fact that I have to spell that out is so in keeping with this age of offendedness that we live in and yes it felt like some people got "touchy" about it. Keishashadow, your explanation makes perfect sense and I appreciate you saying it without the follow up jab of, "so don't feel the way you do." :tongue: I surely meant no harm when I said it. I didn't put anymore thought into it than, "huh, wow". :smooth:

I will respond since you referenced me in your reply to Keisha.

You find it silly that someone would tell you not to think it strange one would stick to certain forums.

I still don't really understand why you do find it strange that some do. As I responded to you earlier, if I have nothing helpful to say, I usually don't say anything with regards to questions.

I have nothing helpful to offer regarding Disney. So I tend not to post over there. I occasionally wander to the Orlando hotels boards as there are sometimes questions on restaurants we frequent.

But, the majority of my posts are on one board. I just don't see why you would find that strange. But, that's your views of course and are entitled to them.

I belong to a car forum. I only post on the Mercedes boards as that's the cars we have. I can't offer any advice on other cars. Makes sense to me.

Again, the over here and there mentions, usually don't come from posters who frequent the Universal side of the boards. We are quite tame over here and don't usually have many confrontational threads thank goodness.

I didn't see the please don't fee that way as a jab. As far as I'm aware, I'm certainly less than strange. I'm sorry you do see it that way. And it certainly doesn't prove the OP original point, which was nothing more than a stirring the pot post.

I love Disney World and Universal; I enjoy both the Disney side of the DIS boards and the dark side (aka Universal section) as well.

OK, who am I kidding, I'll admit the dark side is less "pixie dust like" -- which I find extra appealing pixiedust:o_O.

The way I see it, I don't discriminate - I hate everyone equally :P:D

:thanks: and good night! Try the veal; I'm here all week! :crazy:

I love Disney World and Universal; I enjoy both the Disney side of the DIS boards and the dark side (aka Universal section) as well. OK, who am I kidding, I'll admit the dark side is less "pixie dust like" -- which I find extra appealing pixiedust:o_O.

The way I see it, I don't discriminate - I hate everyone equally :P:D

:thanks: and good night! Try the veal; I'm here all week! :crazy:

Lol.......hey where have you been??

Any trips planned............

I always looked at the Dis boards as just an open forum with different topics of conversation.

Same.

IMO That comparison of "over here and over there" tends to crop up more on the Disney-focused side of the boards.

Again, the over here and there mentions, usually don't come from posters who frequent the Universal side of the boards

I totally disagree. The over here/there pops up here and on Disneyland forum in regards to "it's so nice here, not like the Game of Thrones situation over there."

And if I'm reading it, it means that someone over here is also over there. Many of us "here" are there as well. So tonkr, and apparently to Alice, it does seem weird and strange to have it be considered insular or "here vs there", since it's all one place and there are no border checks. :)

I see no "here vs there" mentions when on the Orlando Disney-centric boards. People reserve that for wdw vs Uni, the actual places, not the forum space. :)

And thinking that the concept is strange doesn't mean anyone thinks a person is strange. :)

Homies, we have rehashed certain phrases enough

I rather see this topic move along in a way to not bring up past opinions that have already been stated

Mom Mac

Absolutely..........:thumbsup2

Lol.......hey where have you been??

Any trips planned............

Lurking ... always lurking :-)

We're trying RPR for the first time this summer, 4 nights (we've done HRH and PF ... thought we'd give it a shot) - followed by 5 nights at the Mouse House (staying at the Boardwalk) -- followed by 7 nights Western Caribbean on the Fantasy ...... it's serious!!

I need to find out how much weight I can gain in those 16 nights .... haha!

Looking forward to my favourite - walking around Diagon at night with a double scoop of strawberry in a cone from Floren Fortescue's & very much looking forward to checking out Volcano Bay ... booked our chairs for the family - hoping it won't be CRAZY busy ... but I know it will.

I'm also curious to try the Jimmy Falon ride and we haven't done Toothsome.

On the Dis side -- Pandora I suspect will be pretty cool ... can't wait! & Disney Cruises are never a bad thing.

When are you heading back to the dark side mothership?

Lurking ... always lurking :-)

We're trying RPR for the first time this summer, 4 nights (we've done HRH and PF ... thought we'd give it a shot) - followed by 5 nights at the Mouse House (staying at the Boardwalk) -- followed by 7 nights Western Caribbean on the Fantasy ...... it's serious!!

I need to find out how much weight I can gain in those 16 nights .... haha!

Looking forward to my favourite - walking around Diagon at night with a double scoop of strawberry in a cone from Floren Fortescue's & very much looking forward to checking out Volcano Bay ... booked our chairs for the family - hoping it won't be CRAZY busy ... but I know it will.

I'm also curious to try the Jimmy Falon ride and we haven't done Toothsome.

On the Dis side -- Pandora I suspect will be pretty cool ... can't wait! & Disney Cruises are never a bad thing.

When are you heading back to the dark side mothership?

Glad to hear it......sounds like a fabulous trip! Hope you like RP, and Boardwalk is lovely. Well, even with VB being mobbed, least you have seats booked......think you'll be glad you did. Oh you'll be able to gain a lot in that time........well, I always manage to gain more than planned.........:D

We are back in September.........bit of a special one this year........my 50th and our 25th wedding anniversary.......:hug: Having a double celebration with family and friends in Scotland before we leave for Florida......should be fun!

Our family really loves both and I have no issues giving my honest opinion on either place, good and bad. The one thing I can tell you is that I do not wear "rose colored glasses" nor am I brainwashed by drinking too much of their "kool-aid":)
We prefer WDW having 4 parks to 2. We prefer Universal hotels and without a doubt US resorts FC's over WDW's (DDs do miss the Mickey head waffles, but once they see they get 5-6 strips of bacon over the "2" at WDW they do not mind it as much:) Thrill rides is US, tradition, history and nostalgia is WDW.

I know what you mean

I can not imagine being in Orlando and not doing both parks

I do shorter stays and stay at both places for 4 nights

On my fall trip I do 14 night and a few times 17 nights

Start with the motherland and then move to the darkside
October trips though are more nights at UO due to I'm completely and totally addicted to hhn
I get 6 or 7 hhn nights in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter