Why do Car Rentals charge so much extra for more then a week?

poohbear2

<font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=
I was just curious why the car companies charge so much extra a day , especially if you have a car for more than a week. I can understand the per rate day being large if you rent for less than 7 days, but I would think the longer you rented it, the better price break you would get.

I'm paying $21 a day for the first 7 days and $21 at National for the last day (tax included), day 8 (Full size). We pick it up Tuesday.

I think I know what you mean, Poohbear2. For instance, with thrifty and Dollar I can get an economy size car for $95.88-$102.50 for a WEEK- but then each additional day is $35 (actually over 40 when you add all the fees/etc. not including insurance, which I won't need to purchase).

It's why I'm not renting a vehicle for my entire trip! I would, even if I used WDW most of the trip, but for the fact that I'm staying longer than a week and although the week rate is great- adding on those extra days makes it not worth it. :(

If you think about it, the weekly rate is a break off the daily rate for 7 days. If you paid $35 a day for a week, that would be $245 instead of the $102.

Yes, I know. I think her point (and mine) is that if you are renting it for over a week we think the daily rate AFTER already having it for a week should be a discounted amount- not the normal daily rate it would be for anyone just renting it for a day or two. Dig what I'm saying?

With that said, I've just about given up any hope of figuring out other transportation to/from the airport and resort within a reasonable amount of time (and to me leaving 4hrs before departure at the end of my vacation is NOT reasonable... to each their own though LOL) and for an amount that is not close to renting a car. I think I'm just going to rent the car so it will be there if I need it- even though I plan on using WDW transportation while I'm there. *sigh*

Anyone know a coupon code for Dollar? I checked mousesavers.com and tried all the codes I would be able to use- and the amounts came out HIGHER than doing it without the code!!!!! LOL

(or a print out coupon if a code is not possible to make it cheaper than it already is? The price I got on dollar.com is $192.59- after all fees/etc added- for 9 days)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter