Wide World of Sports - Don't Bother

dannyb

Mouseketeer
Just got back from week at WDW and a trip that included a visit to WWS w/ my DS - 9. He was looking forward to the Sports Experience.

For perhaps the first time, something at Disney completely underwhelmed me. Afterwards, my son commented "was that it?"

Unless there is some sporting event that you want to see, or the Braves or Bucs are training, I'd skip this attraction. The Sports Experience was an outdoor (partially covered) area w/ different sections. The CM's were almost non-existent and unhelpful. Two of the three activities that involved mechanical or electronic equipment were not working (the football obstacle course's time didn't work, and the "down and out" pass route was not working at all - - the one working item was the radar on the baseball pitch).

The rest of it involved a couple of hoops for basketball, a couple soccer nets, some hockey nets and 2 sticks, a football goal post, and 2 ping pong tables. Getting equipment for any of these things was a challenge.

The good news was that the cost was only $10/pp and that only an hour was lost. Also, there weren't many crowds. One of the CM's told me that they opened it only on days that there were sporting events, because virtually no one came except for that reason, and they found it not economical to pay to keep it staffed absent an event. There was an in-line hockey tournament going on, but that drew only the kids and their immediate families - - a very small crowd indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter