Will AKV Values/Standard rooms be as "in demand" as BWV Standard View?

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
We know that BWV SV books up very fast at almost all times of the year as many DVC owners like to stretch their points with these low point cost accommodations.

Spurred by a comment in another thread, I was wondering if people think the same thing will be true for AKV with the Value & Standard villas with their lower point schedules?

On one hand, DVC owners do like to stretch points. On the other hand, part of me thinks that a view of the savanna will be very important part of a trip to AKV for many people. I am especally wondering if the Standard villas will be in high demand since they will have no chance of a savannah view.

While I think I'd enjoy the BWV Boardwalk View rooms, we book Standard View because we still get to enjoy one of the great attractions of BWV...proximity to two parks.

But will the "deluxe" view at AKV be more compelling?

I know that time will tell, but I am interested in others predictions.

I've got my thoughts but am interested in others first. :)

I think both the value & standard view rooms are going to be a "hot ticket". One I don't think that the number of value rooms is that large, and plus I can see this scenario, book a value/std room for 1 or both weekend nights, switch to concierge room for 1 or 2 nights(to get the safaris:banana: ), then maybe to a savannah view.

I wouldn't do it but I'll bet a lot of others will.;)

I just booked a standard studio at AKL this morning (7 mo. window). I had no problem getting a studio for 6 nights with calling on my checkout day. I thought of calling day by day but decided to try at the end of the trip and see what was available. So for six nights (to include a Friday night) it cost me 67 points. (Jan. 27-Feb.2) A pretty good deal. I have stayed at AKL many times (pool views and savanna views) and really don't care that I don't have a savanna view room. After day 2 of waking up and seeing the same animals, it becomes same old same old to us. There are so many places to view the animals so standard meets our needs.

don't know - I guess time will tell.

I Love a deal myself... so staying in the standard view. maybe one day I will get a savannah view don't know.

definitely will try for a value room when they become available.

AKV value rooms are so reasonable - they are on par with OKW and, when completed, the combined Kidani/Jambo resort in and of itself will have more recreational and dining "stuff" than BWV or OKW. I think that they will absolutely be in hot demand. If I had to predict the order that AKV rooms went, I'd say 1)value 2)concierge 3)savanna 4)standard

Honestly, I was shocked when the point schedule for AKV came out and I saw the value category.

I think there is some truth in saying that savanna rooms will be popular, too.

In my situation, I don't plan on staying at AKL too much, so when I do, you can bet it will be savanna view!!

On the other hand, as a poster mentioned, those who stay often (owners probably) will go for the value rooms because they have "been there-done that" when it comes to having a view of the animals.

This is just my opinion!!:goodvibes

For point cheapies such as myself, values will really be a hot ticket! I know there are plenty of us out there!:banana: :banana: :banana: ...

I am a standard view BWV person (another cheapie), and I always book at 11 months to conserve those precious points. However, I have a reservation at the AKV in Sept for a savannah view room. For me, staying at the AKV means being able to see the animals from my room. I will "splurge" on points to check the place out and see how I like it, but in the future, I can't see myself staying there and not having a savannah view.

OTOH, I'm sure there are some people for whom having a BW view is important, and they wouldn't stay at the BWV without it. To each their own. ;)

In general, I think the value rooms will be popular like the standard view at the BWV.

The only reason I would book a stay at AKV is for the Savanna view, so I won't be competing with anyone for the standard/value rooms. I enjoy staying at AKL and I'm sure I'll enjoy AKV as well, but the source of the enjoyment comes from the view. The rest of the resort perks/amenities don't do much for me so saving a few points wouldn't be enough of an inducement to book the un-guaranteed view categories, I'm afraid.

But I do think the lower points will be a draw to many and those rooms will probably be in high demand.

Like MdmMin, I'm a point-miser at BWV and I think eventually I'll be a point-miser at AKV (I've never minded calling day-by-day at 11 months in order to get what I want), BUT...................in January, for our first trip to our newest home, it's CONCIERGE for the week! (I told DH it was in honor of his birthday........:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:. )

I do think future trips will include many value/standard stays, with only occasional savanna ones. :thumbsup2

We know that BWV SV books up very fast at almost all times of the year as many DVC owners like to stretch their points with these low point cost accommodations.

Spurred by a comment in another thread, I was wondering if people think the same thing will be true for AKV with the Value & Standard villas with their lower point schedules?

On one hand, DVC owners do like to stretch points. On the other hand, part of me thinks that a view of the savanna will be very important part of a trip to AKV for many people. I am especally wondering if the Standard villas will be in high demand since they will have no chance of a savannah view.

While I think I'd enjoy the BWV Boardwalk View rooms, we book Standard View because we still get to enjoy one of the great attractions of BWV...proximity to two parks.

But will the "deluxe" view at AKV be more compelling?

I know that time will tell, but I am interested in others predictions.

I've got my thoughts but am interested in others first. :)

Value rooms for certain, IMHO, because some of them WILL have savannah views (just no promises you'll get one) so the "gamble" will be worth the point savings.

The "standard" a bit less so, but still in demand, mostly because of scarcity, I think there's more "point savers" than rooms to satisfy them (at least until Kidani comes on line, then maybe there will be equilibrium).

I didn't think there would any value rooms at the Kidani?

and the other standard would be facing the roadway and pool?

I would say parking - but most of the parking is underneath right?

I didn't think there would any value rooms at the Kidani?

and the other standard would be facing the roadway and pool?

I would say parking - but most of the parking is underneath right?

Right...no values at Kidani, so they'll always be scarce...and with the promise of a possible savannah view, certainly a worthwhile gamble to those not needing as much space who are looking to save points. I think demand for those will almost always tunr out to be a "call day by day" thing. Concierge will likely be HARDER to get than value, but I'd assume may have slightly less demand, too.

The standards at Kidani will be pool and parking lot views (the back side of the building, facing away from the savannah. But the fact that there will be a good (though not HUGE) number of them (from the construction "map" we've seen, showing the proposed construction) would make me think that there will be about enough of them to satisfy the demand for them, or at least moreso than there will be value rooms. But we'll see.

Parking is underneath on the first floor, yes.

I would have to say the BWV biggest draw is its location to EPCOT the BW area is certianly a plus but weather in a BWV or SV its location and enjoyablity are the same.
I would say AKV biggest draw is the Animals and if you need to go out of your way to see them than why be there. I am sure conserving points would be nice but I personally would see no reason to stay at AKV if I did not have a SV I would stay somewhere else to conserve points.

There are a lot of great comments here, and show the diversity of the situation and why I was struggling with "predicting" villa reservation patterns. As a non-AKV owner, I was wondering what villas might be available more readily.

I agree that the Value rooms will go very quickly and probably need to be an AKV owner to get a good shot at them at many points of the year. The fact that they are low point and have a chance of getting a savanna view should make them a hot ticket item.

Personally, I think Disney set themselves up for some check-in arguments with a room classification having the potential for a savanna view or something generally less desirable. But that's a subject for a different thread :offtopic:

After Value rooms get gobbled up, it will be interesting to see if the Std and Sav View rooms will create some sort of balance between point savings and great view. To say the least, it will be interesting. popcorn::

So on the value rooms, how many do you think are savannah view and what's your chances? Anyone stayed there yet?

On the other hand, as a poster mentioned, those who stay often (owners probably) will go for the value rooms because they have "been there-done that" when it comes to having a view of the animals.

This is just my opinion!!:goodvibes

If I had a "been there-done that" feeling about the view of the animals I wouldnt' have purchased at VAK. IMHO the view is the ENTIRE reason to stay there!

I booked a Value studio room for a Saturday night in December when I know that we're not going to be in the resort for that long and we will check into the VWL on Sunday. We have stopped by AKL on recent WDW trips just to view the animals from the common areas, and for that trip, those viewings will be fine. For our September trip, a Savannah view was absolutely necessary. We own at BWV and have always booked standard view when possible, but I don't think we'll ever book standard view at AKV, it will be Savannah or Value, and hopefully once in a while concierge and even a Grand Villa.

Wow, I'm so glad to hear about the parking at Kidani!

Bobbi :goodvibes

So on the value rooms, how many do you think are savannah view and what's your chances? Anyone stayed there yet?

IIRC, both the value and concierge villas won't be available until Dec. 1 or 2. Has the construction sped up that much?:confused3

If I had a "been there-done that" feeling about the view of the animals I wouldnt' have purchased at VAK. IMHO the view is the ENTIRE reason to stay there!

I can appreciate that. Everyone has their own specific reasons for buying at their home resort. Some may have bought at AKV just for the value and standard rooms or the concierge alone.

My thinking is just following the trend for the high demand of BWV standard. Why don't those owners grab the boardwalk views first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter