Will AKV Values/Standard rooms be as "in demand" as BWV Standard View?

If I had to predict the order that AKV rooms went, I'd say 1)value 2)concierge 3)savanna 4)standard

I tend to agree with the last 2 but feel concierge will be even hotter than value, simply because there isn't another DVC resort with that category and there are so few units. My guess would be 1) concierge 2) value 3) savanna 4) standard

My thinking is just following the trend for the high demand of BWV standard. Why don't those owners grab the boardwalk views first?

The difference between AKV & BWV, IMO, is that at AKV the primary "draw" is the animals. The presence of the animals is what makes AKV a unique & desireable destination. Throwing open the balcony slider and being able to observe them from the comfort of your own room is something you can't get anywhere else at Disney.

At BWV, even without a BW view, there is still the easy access to two parks, the BW activities themselves, and many more available dining options. So the view is not the primary draw for visitors to the BWV, but more the location and amenities.

I think we really need to break it down to include all the view catagories. My guess on demand is...

1 - Concierge
2 - Value (Savannah or pool view for the most part)
3 - Savannah Jambo
4 - Savannah Kidani
5 - Std Jambo (pool view)
6 - Std. Kidani (pool and parking lot or parking lot view)

I believe tha std. Kidani will be the least desired by quite a bit. and the concierge will be the most desired by quite a bit.

I know AKL will be more about the view and Savannah view will be big, but there will not be many value rooms and they represent a big point savings while still possibly getting a sav. view.

The difference between AKV & BWV, IMO, is that at AKV the primary "draw" is the animals. The presence of the animals is what makes AKV a unique & desireable destination. Throwing open the balcony slider and being able to observe them from the comfort of your own room is something you can't get anywhere else at Disney.

At BWV, even without a BW view, there is still the easy access to two parks, the BW activities themselves, and many more available dining options. So the view is not the primary draw for visitors to the BWV, but more the location and amenities.

That makes perfect sense!!:goodvibes

To a significant extent it will be a matter of numbers. Once everything is done about 70% of the rooms (both buildings combined) will be savanna view with its point cost. Thus, like BWV preferred (pool and garden), those should not be that difficult to get most times of year. Both value and concierge will be only in the Jambo building. There are only a handful of concierge and there will be only a limited number of values (probably about 7% of all AKV rooms) and thus it is likely those will be difficult to get many times of year. Standard will be about 20% of the rooms (close to the BWV percentage) and likely to be in fairly high demand because of lower point cost and that you can possibly get at least a pool view but probably not the level of demand you have at BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter