Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

I am hoping to run this half as my first ever runDisney event! Anyone guess what date registration will be? Is it crazy hard to secure a spot?

I just ran in this past weekend's W&D Half. While the experience was not as bad I as I was expecting after I saw the changes to the route, I did find these changes very curious and to the detriment of the runners. I am sure it was great for road and park operations as compared to years' past.

Do these route changes (and everyone's anecdotal experiences) make it more or less likely for you to run in the 2023 W&D (mindful that the course isn't released until a week or two out, well after registration has closed).

I just ran in this past weekend's W&D Half. While the experience was not as bad I as I was expecting after I saw the changes to the route, I did find these changes very curious and to the detriment of the runners. I am sure it was great for road and park operations as compared to years' past.

Do these route changes (and everyone's anecdotal experiences) make it more or less likely for you to run in the 2023 W&D (mindful that the course isn't released until a week or two out, well after registration has closed).
I didn’t do this years race but no I wouldn’t sign up for it, the old map (which I have done as part of Star Wars Dark Side) seems like it’s way better for a half. Honestly the fact that they dropped this big change makes me uneasy in general, I’d def prefer to know well in advance where I’ll be running for the halfs but thats obv not how RD has done this.

I'm likely to sign up for W&D 2023. Primarily because I'm doing all 4 Disney race weekends in 2022-23, and by the time Nov. 2023 rolls around I'll be ready and itching for another runD race. Not sure if I will bring my family or come solo.

I'm also in the "likely" category for this race. My plan had been to run it this year but decided on a second Dopey instead. Since the 2024 MW's dates don't work for me I don't see anything (other than registration) stopping me. I've been wanted to do this race and the Food & Wine festival for several years.

DH and I discussed this last night while eating around the world. While not 100%, we are definitely leaning towards not doing W&D next year. We didn’t find the half course enjoyable, it was really hard to get in a groove. I really wanted to run through AK so that was a huge disappointment. We’re going to think about it a little more and make that decision after we’re away from it for a few weeks. I’d also rather go to the festival in October I think.

As of right now, I’m leaning toward not doing W&D again. I’m not enjoying trying to escape before a hurricane shuts down the airport, and if DL does November races as they’ve done in the past, that would be a nice alternative, and I’ll stick to PW and SS races in WDW

I plan on doing W&D next year. I wasn’t a fan of the half marathon course this year. But the race weekend works well for DW and my work schedule. So it’s our annual Disney trip. I just enjoy the race weekend and party. I can do without the stress of hoping to fly out tomorrow before they shut down airport but that’s out my control.

Probably in for at least the 10k as I’ve done it every year since 2016
Theme, mood, finances will dictate if I do just that distance or not (already in for SS challenge)

I'm running NYC next year, but even if I wasn't I think I'd be skipping W&D. I was not a fan of this course other than all the HS park time. I was in B for the 10K and it sucked the entire time with congestion. I dropped back from A to B for the half to run with some friends and it was congestion from start to finish. Granted, I wasn't running my usual pace because of a broken toe, but still, it was absolutely horrible. It's getting too expensive for me to not enjoy the course.

I liked the race weekend in general. It was my first visit to the Wine & Dine Festival and I'm a big fan of it. However, I didn't care for the course or the weather, although I understand that the weather was unusual. The timing is awkward combined with Thanksgiving travel - I got back to work today and am off again in less than two weeks.

After talking with my son, we're going to look into doing coast-to-coast in 2024, depending on what the schedules look like.

As of right now, I’m leaning toward not doing W&D again. I’m not enjoying trying to escape before a hurricane shuts down the airport, and if DL does November races as they’ve done in the past, that would be a nice alternative, and I’ll stick to PW and SS races in WDW
Oh I'm definitely in for DL races - that will be the priority in 2023! I haven't been to DL since 2015 - I'm DYING to go back!

Hi! My wife told me today that a group of us might be heading to Orlando in November for this half. Unfortunately, neither one of us is part of Club RunDisney. Can you provide us with insight as to how quickly registration fills up for this event for non Club entrants? Thank you.

Hi! My wife told me today that a group of us might be heading to Orlando in November for this half. Unfortunately, neither one of us is part of Club RunDisney. Can you provide us with insight as to how quickly registration fills up for this event for non Club entrants? Thank you.
This link shows sellout times for all recent RD events:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-race-weekend-sell-out-timing.3844193/

So 2022 mostly sold out quickly, but I’m curious if sellout times start to settle down a bit with covid revenge travel dissipating and the return of DL races (just one announced right now, unclear if there will be multiple in 2024) on the horizon. In any case, you will want to know what you want to do before registration opens and be ready to sign up at the start.

Well, this race just went from definitely not in 2023 to more likely than not. It will depend on whether or not our son is off the Thursday and Friday of that week again next school year like he has the past two and then on a work project for me.

If we go my wife would do the 5K and me the half.

This link shows sellout times for all recent RD events:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-race-weekend-sell-out-timing.3844193/

So 2022 mostly sold out quickly, but I’m curious if sellout times start to settle down a bit with covid revenge travel dissipating and the return of DL races (just one announced right now, unclear if there will be multiple in 2024) on the horizon. In any case, you will want to know what you want to do before registration opens and be ready to sign up at the start.
Thank you for sharing! We will have to make sure everyone is on their game so our full group can go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter