Wine and Dine...to the Finish Line! Fall 2017 TR NEW 1/25 The Last Day - THE END!

Your HEA pictures are fantastic! That was a great viewing spot!

I still haven't tried Citricos. Your meal looked delicious and that cheesecake is beautiful. Presentation is everything!

6axd96ti23rr6R7IJLzhdwW83qk3AP467MLKL_E9vLMbc0zH8Ezga6Z3CB-jisKuXQ4trmwEOwvNHoOGdcFITnkL3ke99Smv155TPybQyH7kO8NS3OXUAhP_lpo_n9J-9OHUoN5itgSh3PMA7a8DqUTZPM4uzTebRphuPDUUW1H2Olp5APuqcxmLh5t7tQorGe5S-pRK4cvj8P79r9O0yPByocjUvjVSU39FwwSnjJqYccjUo6S2fXxtrHhs9I59TROQx0lCDod5_Om8OPBjqrFhKVSVmCJqUSl5juHWP59cxBf08e6wm4k9XMd9rhVGjfDa4zn28kEAueMayuY2NY4Fk0PP2YngLD2rCk_bBy1nh07-n2mwEBbSNUkt0e-o1LQv9bbOSJgnWeEQUlknklj_mfbldf7JU9OeJPHNZ4qrLL3GlN55KJhvXJvYnssWmnlJcxRgEEAf1c2zCI54w9GwqzgGi5I7TjjhewD7reh5Bh9dbzQv72eNkqr0-GLVeZj1hzIXgMVM6s7dsmwfvkZaVpgIzgK7oSi237Ur0u9-ljAOCzEKTiqdj1t-7FjjerGIIvDjvCzjN06IvMyzVr4oFMb18ATfUBFGesG2=w800-h533-no

Like this one. :)

it started to rain and there was lightning so they told everyone to get out of the pool.

Party poopers.

Ominous clouds:

Cue accompanying ominous music...

I was wearing a Haunted Mansion tank top :)

I think I'm in love.

After that, it got dark out, and we had a DISMeet with @cinderkelly!! :hug:

Hey! Hi Kelly! Nice!

I had made a very late ADR at Citrico's

Nice!

Steve was sad he didn't get to have another feast at 'Ohana but it's ok we went there about 5 times last year. :laughing:

:laughing:

Gorgeous shot!

I got a cocktail to start but I'm not really sure what it was. I think it had strawberry and lime.

Maybe a Sangria?

As an enhancement we ordered the brussel sprouts.

You had me riiiiiight up to there. Nope!

For dessert we got the Lemon-Scented cheesecake.

Okay. We're back on track. Yum!

I would have totally done a Minnie Van

What is that?

Our next trip is Jan 12, 2019!

Oh how long will you be there for? I think we arrive on the 19th and leaving the 23rd.

Following along

Welcome and thank you for reading!

We had dinner at the Grand Floridian Café and had never been to the resort. My jaw just dropped when I walked in. For it being so fancy, it also had a relaxed atmosphere to it. I didn't feel completely uncomfortable, which I really thought I would. And I loved the birdcage elevator. I may have rode it an extra time or two. :rolleyes1

It really does! Disney does fancy really well. Our dinners at Victoria and Alberts had some of the friendliest servers ever! Also some one in a golf cart drove us back to the Poly one day because we stopped to ask for directions to the water launch and she said hop on. I love it here!

Great spot for HEA! Your dinner looks fantastic, glad you both enjoyed it!

Yeah we were just lucky to get that spot, guess it was just really not crowded that day.

I had to laugh at your discription
"I said it was because it was we were in a red with polka dots and he just shook his head. LOL. "
:car::jumping1:

Hahaha, but that really is the reason you are paying 20 bucks - you get to ride a fancy van and tell everyone you did so!

Your HEA pictures are fantastic! That was a great viewing spot!

I still haven't tried Citricos. Your meal looked delicious and that cheesecake is beautiful. Presentation is everything!

Thank you! It was a really nice spot!
I finally tried Citrico's after hearing so much about it. It wasn't on my radar before, but I highly recommend it. Fabulous space and food! Plus that evening everything was 30% off which was great! I hope they do that again this year!

Like this one. :)

Thanks! Me too.

Party poopers.

Yeah, isn't lightning kinda like pixie dust? pixiedust: :laughing:

Cue accompanying ominous music...

Dun dun dun...

I think I'm in love.

You are welcome to borrow it.

Hey! Hi Kelly! Nice!

It was great meeting up again!

Gorgeous shot!

Thank you!

Maybe a Sangria?

Hmm, pretty sure it wasn't a Sangria. I think it may have had vodka in it.

You had me riiiiiight up to there. Nope!

Haha, so no coconut, no brussels. Got it.

Okay. We're back on track. Yum!

But cheesecake is a yes.

What is that?

This is a Minnie Van. Run by Disney it's like their Uber/LYFT service but it only goes around property and to/from the airport.

It's a flat 20 bucks + tip anywhere on property and more for the airports. On average, an Uber from resort to resort is usually less than 10 bucks.

mini-van.jpg

We decided to Uber it back to the Yacht Club. I would have totally done a Minnie Van except Steve couldn't understand why it was 20 bucks when the Uber would be less than 10 bucks, and I said it was because it was we were in a red car with polka dots and he just shook his head. LOL.

Polka-dots are totally worth the up-charge ! (that's ok, I can't see my hubby understanding either)

Joe and I shared the crab salad at Citricos last November and we really liked it! I think we had the halibut too, delicious!

The food is really good! I really enjoyed our dinners there!

Polka-dots are totally worth the up-charge ! (that's ok, I can't see my hubby understanding either)

Haha, I would have totally done it on my solo trip but I didn't set up the app yet so I ended up just Ubering.

Yeah, isn't lightning kinda like pixie dust? pixiedust: :laughing:

No different than fireworks.

You are welcome to borrow it.

Only if you personally hand it to me so we can meet. :)

Hmm, pretty sure it wasn't a Sangria. I think it may have had vodka in it.

Not Sangria, then.

Haha, so no coconut, no brussels. Got it.

Correct.

But cheesecake is a yes.

Oh, yes!

This is a Minnie Van. Run by Disney it's like their Uber/LYFT service but it only goes around property and to/from the airport.

It's a flat 20 bucks + tip anywhere on property and more for the airports. On average, an Uber from resort to resort is usually less than 10 bucks.

Huh. I learn stuff every day.

Great PP pics and your rockin the pig tails :goodvibes
Another DIS meet :cheer2: one day our trips will match up :hug:
Love HEA so much it’s wonderful and so is Citricos
Just booked CR for March already dreaming of dinner there and ‘Ohanas

We leave the 20th! So we'll have some overlap :D

Oh yay! That's awesome! I assume you're at Copper Creek?
I have most of our stay booked at the Poly but I have our first night (19th) waitlisted at AKL, hope it comes through!

No different than fireworks.

Very true!

Only if you personally hand it to me so we can meet. :)

Only if you wear it immediately after I hand it to you. :P

Not Sangria, then.

That's the name of the drink!! NOT SANGRIA!! :drinking:

Huh. I learn stuff every day.

Now you can take a Minnie Van too! It runs off the LYFT app I think.

I feel like I am always behind on your trip reports! I don't know why.... Trying to catch up now!

Also, I feel like I read all of your Star Wars night already and about half way through I realized it is probably because I already read Leslie's TR! The whole night seemed amazing and my girls where crazy excitied about some of the characters you guys were able to meet and see.

We got the following pictures in Tomorrowland. There was no line which was great!

P1jSJV7cuExGWsYqmMoLSS_peZa2phS6BDArM5EE5VakF54lD2U1EzvqqqzRuxix0HA58sj1GSM7KWiNwDY29PbYHvDPsJQFb4JI7AXVa9lpMPkQbW3p_CqTRr966ZN9oAjCl7RXPtd1YyjXxexBo56iBcJ1fqGCNQHc_EOrY_Pqlf3HgzDgLDgkIN2Cte2hLVzmwR69MsCZ3FNrGIVP2ApgaHVeyMI-qOkkgAU-o2l840lM--XRqd9KJHs4qIoGgU1o5Be2gD5cD0CHMaqHoFgIKEPi_hiPPrHgF6nBHdNjzpC7vZNX6XlsoR87soJKONQCg0Y7bB2qtmacrdHL24ad-gNwyhNVjdeR3f1mCp8QAcHm6u_IE36qPb5Ks_WZEK9rKvysm2d7FklBMNAgUHStk4kJw7D5ZiTIPAMYid9ujN3wdghVEb3VmWQ44gJ9vOB5VfOUaMdRCw2A61t25ZT2GDH1gLbmalYZJrhLMO3xfqUhf1J6OjcR1gc9LmXi-VfE5V2aSMv9_Ds3j-zFA_UYs9H-bREfiQDtSpfX5CL0yF8lIlRqSs-PakdE5inxW8RiVcLO3UK2xiU4Mb8XNgj1XkVp3bi6g1yaJ8WY=w1130-h753-no
I love this one!!!

Awsome!

j595_T7yLocDZWRSHTWp6uQH3lbScIa9_oLuy1C_lW1zKTTeB0IfCdI7jeqghzYBicpv-cpr_umtCffr_szdSeeWWfp0LkjdxmehTO5gQ9yQqZWqsUQ48FMUGy3PiZqIp1_ydbP8eRtBlcXhrsLULMli8MGItcEbpbQOMeYOb0YQTaPRG5XXxCPMymJi6uR2nPS4-cqrvN0rjLze9vug-SMSYM3djaw91aU6m6Rf9W2QU_wjUrXX7FTTCriUJm5_dUBwz1GeNrrXULo0c8gXIO-5cUH12_mMG33hCFK-g6JtHHPl4cGNTN9_dWxwTOaUcHG5X3wGH5F_SeXV7m7YSLJrfEMkMd0BT77LgO-2r097Sl0AmvEiSAYIR_mBhyL5JuUv7gHifI9_4MXl91c6bfzLYDiMn4sFCngtcGtySnZ4aj0LdwQQFzv7E_2fjxuBYc4fWLSQJgAOxkOjBlyJ43XbxC97V4ukprgjyQ976EvCqzRTnnYFD90xzWrg_ylRt0ShPbR0xx85x7LYpl2rGW4Hy8nRY5LLvOYq9HQM2DB7xIU376ZuPOeseJNHykzRjm0YsYTpmugvheX_whkMKSzSGYpoiIVsbLA2V4P0=w828-h621-no

Breakfast Tots: Tater tots, bacon, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, green onion, topped with two fried eggs.
Pretty sure I commented on this when you posted it on facebook. It looks soooo good!

It is seriously the best ride ever!!! Test track is nothing compared to this!
I completely agree!

fv1KnQ41kP21-aQ4EVxGw9UTNb3GX0WGG-AocGWRNESBx00O_turASPzoAoPRgh4zmhTqwcv73xrbU6-Q-z5LdcvZDDIdKibEzymXoxp6luzS4yusVtdSMwMAYZHgvZRIDlubGGmHlAouiAJ5mr7A-VpkPb0flykVLQQXpCoN7HSkpR1YJ_vQeJvr_zYigmVeNYNTvzW9OzN5i7SprK3BQcdwJOwBzpdlXXNRsMMQCFtmZJDUddc8wBRK7RrZUfIrbNZVK82LFTMQnOVldkP2t09GxJxwte7Yes6y2ZF2-BrV_LV-BOFHRGnrgcjyjnaJIwnBoM6Igz7tIkzPQYzC4nfUNmOGwmTn2IBX1ewpVEI--KiEqhpeP8recjAsR5Hxg-7jj4dBLMixdqs8r-uCr91QeHe9JRg8z6ZWM0nfkBoPRH79Ua0dfHAOJd4cJkr9UzyxWs_pdKeert1oDn14FyrqefoM_iCQjKh5CfPAl_5oW9bgrEVi125icCp0U3o7ja00OzD4FdTZdwh0rNlY74uCaYUhSOqVBuT8T5GY9wAYnmLC_QnEJb-o4qqmMIBgLq_Qb_IxSRIe5Puvzh7r61hKU9n4UKgifcVrUMD=w898-h637-no

Wow it feels like so many things have changed at WDW since then, but the feeling is still the same the moment you get there.
Love the old photos!

I was going to psych myself into going on it, but there was a 90 minute wait and...well I'll wait until we return in 2019 and I can go on with Steve, although I'm not sure if going on the ride with him will make it any better. :rotfl:
You have to give it a try. I have avoided ToT because of the same reason and we rode Guardians when were were in DL and it is soooooo fun!!! And the drops aren't that bad. I was imagining a complete free fall type feeling and I felt more like a bouncing.... So good!

I passed by one PP Photographer near the entrance to the park and he offered to take my picture with my new best buddy.

cSwlBJbbHiFfw83SKdsyxwAcvs6jDjvNhsXq9YaX5nQD8PYljDC2acRtK0RhDWBdYvg70gesRfPFriLOukLmIGazRgFbg9EEUVxVt4dZ1WNufsz1boG3_n67JDICJvGf2T5c-B88wTKxNtsoPmeg0u6I3Dy11WSkpDqse_j9h9H_BDyBvb6Js2r2IgnDA0HsEHZ4b-sxi4MpRghFruyhBmqLNHOE77sZ6Sxv_mA22yJa3rV0xwJZYJOEsdw-vX_RcXatFSr5y_KTcSDZaWPrfGVubsSGB9JWqyZoiIUaY_U8ftBmCnFZGC5r6JeKgpV0tIfOzuzjAIKSx4hWnR2ZpT2cTJ0QqZjo1gXOny6i2P_-TevNF9uZwfyjnEL0R_A_uWYYGV_Ck2-fPFvyjn7z-WHtNPOl21PQq988e8NHV-RVPHiYiA5hKQzv3-59HwaD7uVvtiTfBbLpLNQi_B4RNsrpad7o1PSc2B_noOQtXEun1I9h4M2iX_ngczGcbPjQd0Czn0DyYOOR2gl9XyqleO9m5gd5PqoSwml2qa-OC3ff8X3zIM9SHELHIJynGahKW4448JbM5dxEE1GaBptzK5w2xxRYD6hdWCvvpDVG=w887-h591-no
He is huge! But so cute!!!!

The whole day looked amazing! And what a great friend to take you to club 33! that is beyond amazing! When we were in DL World of Color was open but no Paint the Night Parade. Which I wish she could have seen but I guess it just means we have to go back!

All caught up on this one... Still have to start your SOLO trip Report!

yVZPa08EU7k2sF3MNZtPjiVsORZn8gFGQG7_8Ck8YQ8EOetDWI6CeP1WUHQqs1JxZEdg4GoF4iEgjKnhitiUFBcX2vVgsnUv6VOa40oh5twH64w4641yz22h1arph8P21T_aWq-Koo79-y-tfXB5IydDCMUvyMbPBipCQKX-Si1oO5CPLfH_NqaBpr_KrT9C6l4USbAGFNNUOpR82g1RKPlPDOemb7gIJm1y6hRQCyKyaVUeDEnLqpVpnX9H8_YcOyjyBkpmwjsib5IP96k2FE6qaSsn7fsgv7Frpk2QXhoKffOfgviAiijPMcbUXfwntJkXDYjd8aesXxjUyCn0PFm6vDPI7F0wEDbv0hrf-w_Aa2x_T7TYYSLwhygv3YOPKACFBlCEwjVt_slpzA8WxftDdIi0u0bRw3u1oCLaofW2aB05WOxUs_5IXKSXPpz0oPJZ-bhAMIXxw4wWbvJqPqZ8VmxKncc2ydwg3-kuceQkPq15WIFLZLWJJuLpUt-WUoxt10DPrLGIaoGO_PnBvkE5_NmiAlXLVDGSYtOS2jq0hWhJiyXDxlkrF9stC62QykiuVeDujeY0twBM-NXonUjoiZS0LGs-0WeDmZRM=w800-h600-no

I love the little artist palette tray the cheese and wine sampler is served on. Very clever!
Yum. I love the presentation as well. We kept a plastic tray from the arts festival that looked like stone but was plastic. It makes things more festive for sure.

Also from the Wine and Dine Studio, the Seared Scallops, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussel Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms. This was very tasty! The scallops had a great sear and paired well with the truffle flavor.

IFKqsEgeO25Zx7FS8rsOxemTWNlMPWUuQ8NTqFYeRHGDa1SFEg3J6yCMwd8EzEqH-l2Mho_dMCI9RxJuduhjANvmYGAZ6zBSXhZDRbpxeiIpDVKPBdk7x_cJFeEqQHGa12m5uuYkPrfWXR2LHu1lX6N0mL6-X1V6L76JSx015IU3QZojW4dlTToZAnanf-BrrWS2o60wm6BmFlEjlIgNPolH9kLUZaKeV4X1LR6M4BU2Zjxbqv__wSgWAHFw36jsLhnh2VrakAfRqcak3raO7102bF7PVxp029IyBzAPHsrodmdQ1jMQgCqa5pnj8-_zc3awAKZd6QiBLfRP-lcgTPjVDakW6-ofq_JvFaP_nUowc8Z5F2UAPpZY_c45X8RSSH9tUUZhN50XF_0EKYZFdZRGRG_IChpn9HeFnWRYBtllB07fthzxus3PlX7BLYZ9wx8q20FaQYxid-s5fOJN0TbinLyCPvQg0GkHSEAS-0L-u-wgynvWAldBS5gEwmn7DLq1yl5mp88Sq93c_P8AAYfFL8jtu6ZipzBkpq8GYQWLu1HigMcY3xcp3bL1WjBrmaxfLQadapIOz1VX5Nkb1CijZZ5rNYr-nqFJb1Lj=w800-h600-no
This looks delish. And all your pictures make food & wine seem soooo much better than the Festival of Arts food! Which I guess isn't surprising but still.

This is the Teriyaki Spam Hash with potatoes, onions and peppers.
OMG this was sooo good! It was savory and had crisp bits, a tad sweet, a tad spicy. I loved it!

-rtOCEkGTciBTuAUvT16nEzlf3o7YtaBbwwh9lNciWs2GY-gIkjZaFQTjO4MisB4rOlu3_BnLWMAufPiXiFcBWTNBNcNpixxTKCS_1oFvkKjGlazBjfPbsGMSIIYkNzFLcc6ijQBdQoZ6YQhfOAJZYucpemQdG5rqgjjXAS7Fkg4xW2aYz-x38ZO5J7HAXX-WaxD-pDpVtePISCoUBf47B1_1mCkODXd92WZXiDBe9LrtqP9NTOnBLZOr2RLwncSbDHE2W19wGp1MUdDMGuU9NbWAiCc4XvvL8z_Vm7GAjMxp6ve5to-N1HRXnd5B-IusDiU3uW8kphQXnCLYdWaH-xNWQ7BZsca9n_UyWrTdqH-J78KacE_FwCSiFcsIeE483uWDyxCtp8mUuqAI_KQvrieP90EC7m8y5sXwRs95qyxl7boStTrabzWZ6yTzmj_pEsvgHvpNWkBSaY2mew9271bcXRZuyprgUuEPpIBwyCHXJ7Ta6aWlaR1upvsI3Ee-HsOREf8aRZyzYG2XolJGA2i63HyLojnWk2o_c-US9QyEmcDWmusV8eJEYyLxKD9PYbe24nTXKT04b_p_FRzbwhcaWw_rch5lg7AhgbV=w800-h600-no

What can I say, I'm a big fan of SPAM. #hawaiianatheart
I wouldn't have ordered this, but that looks pretty good!

I would have totally done a Minnie Van except Steve couldn't understand why it was 20 bucks when the Uber would be less than 10 bucks, and I said it was because it was we were in a red car with polka dots and he just shook his head. LOL.
ha! Andy would have said the same thing. We have grown to love the uber in Disney.

We decided to Uber it back to the Yacht Club. I would have totally done a Minnie Van except Steve couldn't understand why it was 20 bucks when the Uber would be less than 10 bucks, and I said it was because it was we were in a red car with polka dots and he just shook his head. LOL.
Yeah I think husbands are alike in this regard. We took a taxi back to the Fort one night from DHS and it was $20 for 4 of us (actually I think it was $14 and change but DH was hot and tired and told him to keep the change). A Minnie van would have been fun!

I still haven't tried Citricos.
Me neither or Narcoossee's! Have been at GFC, V&A and 1900 PF though-does GF just have more good restaurants than any other resort??

Su-Lynn your dinner looked sooo good! and what a fab spot for HEA! I like that show too.

Your Citricos meal looks amazing! Totally drooling over Steve's appetizer. I'm a sucker for all things crab and arugula. Your fish looks amazing too. We've been to Citricos a few times and its never really wowed us. I clearly just need you to order for me!

OK all caught up with you now! Too bad about the pool closure with the lightning. Nice fireworks pictures! I'll have to get there to see that show at some point!

Your meal at Citrico's looked fantastic! I need to go back there again!

Oh yay! That's awesome! I assume you're at Copper Creek?
I have most of our stay booked at the Poly but I have our first night (19th) waitlisted at AKL, hope it comes through!
Yes ma'am! I thought about splitting our stay but since it's our first DVC trip we decided not to :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter