Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

interestingly, all races are open again. I added the 5K today to my existing Two Course Challenge registration.

I wonder if they’re giving refunds and just not advertising it? Weird. 5k coming open unrelated to challenge bids being broken up as a possible explanation.

I wonder if they’re giving refunds and just not advertising it? Weird. 5k coming open unrelated to challenge bids being broken up as a possible explanation.

or returning charity bibs if that’s a thing or increasing capacity

My guess is increasing capacity. They also keep adding park reservations every time they run low and keep opening more and more resort reservations. And the more people they can bring in, the more money they make.

Question- I know they haven't set the course map yet, but in 2019 the starting line was in the MK parking lot. If I'm staying at a MK hotel like Polynesian, can I just walk to the starting line or do I need to take the bus?

Question- I know they haven't set the course map yet, but in 2019 the starting line was in the MK parking lot. If I'm staying at a MK hotel like Polynesian, can I just walk to the starting line or do I need to take the bus?
I’d walk for sure. Grand Floridian, I’d probably think about it too. Decent warmup

I’d walk for sure. Grand Floridian, I’d probably think about it too. Decent warmup
I just want to make sure- I tried looking online, and the only thing I saw regarding walking to the starting line was something about runners NOT being able to do it for the marathon weekend even if they're staying at Epcot resorts.

I just want to make sure- I tried looking online, and the only thing I saw regarding walking to the starting line was something about runners NOT being able to do it for the marathon weekend even if they're staying at Epcot resorts.
That's because walking from the EP resorts would require walking through EP to get to the start area in the EP parking lot, and the park is not open that early. They did allow Poly guests to walk to the W&D/SW start when it was in the TTC parking lot, since that doesn't require going through a closed park.

well, you can't walk to the Epcot parking lot from the Epcot resorts because the park isn't open yet. Most people staying at Poly's east side walk to the TTC to take the Ferry to MK or express monorail. Obviously it's idiotic to take the resort monorail line all the way back around to TTC and get on the Epcot line there too. Huge benefit to the Poly in that regard.

I was hoping for slightly earlier expo times for completely selfish reasons. I will be up anyway and wanted to get it done. I'll be there breaking down the doors at 10 am!

10am for general public and 9am for CRD or 10am for CRD and 11am for general public for Thursday???? Trying to see if we can logistically make it to Epcot by the 1pm ratatouille boarding group pull

Does anyone know if they allow transfers from in-person to virtual race registration? I'm still taking a wait and see approach, but am feeling less confident about going in November.

Does anyone know if they allow transfers from in-person to virtual race registration? I'm still taking a wait and see approach, but am feeling less confident about going in November.
I'd like to know this too not due to not wanting to travel but in the case that there is no wiggle room for getting a third jab... when it was 8 months it was the DAY of the Marathon Weekend 10K and now that they are saying 6 that brings me to the Friday before the W&D 10K and I'm just worried about side effects and the back and forth up/down I4 ugg so frustrating to plan

I'd like to know this too not due to not wanting to travel but in the case that there is no wiggle room for getting a third jab... when it was 8 months it was the DAY of the Marathon Weekend 10K and now that they are saying 6 that brings me to the Friday before the W&D 10K and I'm just worried about side effects and the back and forth up/down I4 ugg so frustrating to plan

There should be plenty of wiggle room on vaccine 3rd dose. Even between dose 1 and 2 it could be 4 days early to 4 days late at my hospital. I'd guess they would be even less specific about timing on 3rd dose (other than whatever they settle on for minimum interval between doses 2 and 3).

There should be plenty of wiggle room on vaccine 3rd dose. Even between dose 1 and 2 it could be 4 days early to 4 days late at my hospital. I'd guess they would be even less specific about timing on 3rd dose (other than whatever they settle on for minimum interval between doses 2 and 3).
Thanks... I am an over thinker so the prospect of having to work around my third jab has been just as stressful as deciding if we want to prioritize the expo or getting a remy boarding group on Thursday and just how we want to let Genie + flow with our present touring plan (local APs so)

I’m trying to figure out an ADR for after the half. When do the races typically end? I’m wondering if I book an ADR for 12:30 if I’d be cutting it too close. I’m hoping to finish the half in under 2.5hrs
I did a 2:35 half one year and made it to character dining at the Grand Floridian by 11. I rode the bus back to ASM where I met up with my husband and kids and we drove over. When I made dining reservations this yr (for a non-rundisney week), they said allow 60 minutes if driving and 90 minutes if taking Disney transit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter