Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Keeping myself honest here- my motivation has been SUB STANDARD. I have got to get crack a lackin if I’m going to finish the wine and dine. Anyone else struggling to break out of a covid fitness slump?
Raises hand….
I’m NOT fast by any means but pre pandemic I was at about a 13/14 minute mile and now I’m lucky if I’m less than a 17 minute mile

Keeping myself honest here- my motivation has been SUB STANDARD. I have got to get crack a lackin if I’m going to finish the wine and dine. Anyone else struggling to break out of a covid fitness slump?

You are certainly not the only person I know who has struggled with this. You’ve still got 10 weeks, tight but enough time to at least get you to the finish line without too much pain!

I can say I will not meet the goal I set for myself at beginning of the year. Injuries, life, low motivation at times get me. But I remind myself I do this for the joy of being able to run and to try to maintain health. I’m not going to set any speed records. Right now I want to focus on the positives I can find and enjoy the spot I’m in now. Oh also looking forward to more bling, lol. So fingers crossed for a safe W&D!

5K opened up again and my sister got in, so now both of us are set for 5K. I'm still tempted by the challenge, but I signed up for virtual, so Disney doesn't need THAT much more of my money.

The official answer is “none”. Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferrrable. There have been isolated instances of individuals contacting RunDisney directly with their situations and getting answers running the gamut from “sorry, you’re out of luck” to partial or full refunds, usually in the form of Disney gift cards, though. There doesn’t really seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. Your best bet is to reach out to them and see if they’re willing to do anything for you.
Thanks. I’m going to hope that things improve and I’ll be able to participate. I still have some time for things to turn around, so I’m going to wait a bit longer.

Raises hand….
I’m NOT fast by any means but pre pandemic I was at about a 13/14 minute mile and now I’m lucky if I’m less than a 17 minute mile

I'm on the struggle bus. I also have been running 15-15 mm instead of my previous 13mm. It's frustrating. But I didn't keep up the work and put on weight, so what do I expect. I also just went back to the classroom for the first time in forever and I"m finding balancing that and my kids varying bus schedules now that the oldest is in middle school. But I just need to suck it up and stick to the schedule and get it done!

I'm on the struggle bus. I also have been running 15-15 mm instead of my previous 13mm. It's frustrating. But I didn't keep up the work and put on weight, so what do I expect. I also just went back to the classroom for the first time in forever and I"m finding balancing that and my kids varying bus schedules now that the oldest is in middle school. But I just need to suck it up and stick to the schedule and get it done!
My hope is that since the Wine & Dine is the first race in 2 years AND the first race of the 50th, runDisney will be generous, and the infamous Balloon Ladies will be doing 19 minute miles. As long as nobody is in distress or not obviously just strolling along, chitchatting and not at least making a modicum of an effort, they’ll be allowed to complete.

My hope is that since the Wine & Dine is the first race in 2 years AND the first race of the 50th, runDisney will be generous, and the infamous Balloon Ladies will be doing 19 minute miles. As long as nobody is in distress or not obviously just strolling along, chitchatting and not at least making a modicum of an effort, they’ll be allowed to complete.

I wouldn’t count on that. They still need to clear the course so that things can open up on schedule. The 5k is the only race that has historically had that leniency.

I wish! But I'm gonna keep on keeping on. Was about to tape my knee for a run today when hubs went on a fire call. I rode the Peleton instead and am just going to be ok with still getting cardio in. Goal is 3 cardio workouts this week including a long run this weekend. Figure I have to set some realistic and attainable goals to get to the finish line.

You got this! 2 months and counting!

I totally lost track of time with the holiday weekend and didn’t get ADR’s yesterday! I wanted a couple of breakfast reservations for packet pick-up day and departure day. Luckily, I was able to get some I haven’t been to before and wanted to try. I am going to GF cafe Sat morning before the expo opens and then Boma on departure day!

I totally lost track of time with the holiday weekend and didn’t get ADR’s yesterday! I wanted a couple of breakfast reservations for packet pick-up day and departure day. Luckily, I was able to get some I haven’t been to before and wanted to try. I am going to GF cafe Sat morning before the expo opens and then Boma on departure day!
Speaking of breakfast, any word on a Garden Grill breakfast coming back? That was one of my favs and a great post race treat!

Are half-marathon/challengers able to sell their post-race party tickets? I know they have been able to in the past. I'm trying to figure out if I should include it in my schedule or not (I'm doing the 5k and 10k, not ready for a half) and whether I should just buy at full price for me and my family or wait and see for re-sale.

ugh. I think my state is heading toward a mandatory quarantine when returning from FL which with my work schedule would make this race weekend not doable for me.

I assume as with all Disney races previously I am out of luck with my registration.

When it comes to covid, as Mr. Potato Head would say "The word I'm searching for I can't say because there are preschool toys present,"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter