Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

I almost always stay offsite and drive in - it's easy! I aim to be arriving at EP within 15-20 minutes of whenever the onsite race buses start running. So say buses start at 3:30am, I leave my hotel with enough time to arrive at EP between 3:30and 3:45ish. I've traveled in from Sherberth Rd down by AKL, and from the opposite direction from Palm Parkway: I've never encountered any traffic either direction. Just drive to EP the way you normally would to go to the park.

thank you! This is super helpful!
Here’s what I found on the Hilton website:

https://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/marathon

Wow! I had no idea! I am running the 5k so no help for me but that’s a good perk to know about!

for anyone having trouble with it loading this is what it says for this race (each is different):

Complimentary transportation will only be provided to/from the Half Marathon race on Sunday, November 6.

I tried the Hilton link above because the listed rates are lower than what I'm paying for Marathon weekend, but then when I try the "book now" link I don't see anything about a special marathon package. What am I missing? Do I need to call and book directly?

I tried the Hilton link above because the listed rates are lower than what I'm paying for Marathon weekend, but then when I try the "book now" link I don't see anything about a special marathon package. What am I missing? Do I need to call and book directly?

Awful, outdated website on Hilton's part. Try this link...

https://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/s...UzhzfTJyXi1vRPozhGj9U1xDMJ28cHigaAkCQEALw_wcB
Click the link below the photo that says "Book now: Marathon Weekend Package" then enter your dates. It brought up Marathon Rates. The other link on the page didn't, and there is no discernible promo code that I can find to enter.

Thank you! Sadly, it's still $317/night plus $45 resort charge...
Yeah, Hilton Bonnet Creek lost me long ago because the rates + resort fee + parking are insane.

Are you specifically wanting a resort that offers race transportation? If you're willing to drive or Uber/Lyft, I can suggest the Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista or the Hilton Garden Inn LBV: both are convenient, clean, safe. I've also heard good things about the hotels at Flamingo Crossings - there are two Marriott properties there: Town Suites and Springhill Suites, I think? And two Hilton properties, too, though I can't recall which ones - maybe Home 2 Suites or something?

I've also heard good things about the hotels at Flamingo Crossings - there are two Marriott properties there: Town Suites and Springhill Suites, I think?
This is where we have stayed the last 5 or 6 trips and the last 3 runDisney events. Marriott has now opened 1 or 2 additional properties there. I noticed the rates have gone up since we booked last spring but we were able to get "pandemic pricing" of just over $100 a night (senior rate as a diamond member). We always rent a car so no worries about uber.

Thank you! Sadly, it's still $317/night plus $45 resort charge...
The original statement was that there was nothing left “on property” with transportation. I was only offering some alternatives that people tend to overlook. You also have to contrast those prices with the prices Disney has jacked up the previously “moderate” resorts to

The original statement was that there was nothing left “on property” with transportation. I was only offering some alternatives that people tend to overlook. You also have to contrast those prices with the prices Disney has jacked up the previously “moderate” resorts to
Agree completely. I have a room on-property reserved. When I originally booked I wanted to do one of the Hilton marathon packages because I've heard very good things, and it would be awesome to save some money on top of it to extend my trip. The original page with the link that didn't work had rates starting at less than $200/night, I'm just sad that they aren't available anymore. But I can't complain about GDT, I'll just miss the early morning cheerleaders motivating me to get on a very early bus.

I could not find anything stating that there would be/not be pacers at the half. Did previous events have pacer info posted on website before the event guide, or will we only know then?

I could not find anything stating that there would be/not be pacers at the half. Did previous events have pacer info posted on website before the event guide, or will we only know then?

To my recollection, it's usually not mentioned on the runDisney website. However, some of the facebook groups have former/current pacers in them that typically give updates prior to race dates. The chatter I last read within the last week or so was that they had not yet heard whether there would be pacers at Wine and Dine.

** RUN WITH NO REGISTRATION FEE! **
I wanted to pass along this great information I received in an email from the cancer charity Team FORCE. They have 10K, half marathon, and Challenge bibs still available, and they're currently offering them for no registration fee and only a $150 fundraising goal. That would mean you'd actually save significant money for the 1/2 and Challenge, and for any of them the money would go to a great cause!

I think this link should work for more information: https://go.pardot.com/webmail/29344...37bec069c6430646eaa9a0182fe9fac6e3ac39860e0e5

If that doesn't work, here's the contact email address that was referenced in the email: teamFORCE@facingourrisk.org

Is it wrong that I want to sign up for the challenge since it's still open and I am going to be there anyway for the 5k?
I have 7 weeks to train, the half marathon might be hard, but I know I'll be able to finish.
I think you came to the wrong place to be talked out of adding races. I came here 2 months ago with the intention of getting into 5K running and now I’m training for the Princess Half 😆😆

It sure would be nice if rD provided some info soon... it would be really helpful to know if the plan is business-as-usual, or big changes from what we're used to, or something in-between. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter