Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

When does registration close for the Wine and Dine?

The website says registration fees vary with date of purchase, and list the dates for the highest price as between October and October 27, so I assume the 27th is the last day to register.

Has anyone preordered any of the products on the website? What did you get? I want to preorder at least one of the bundles, since I've heard things can sell out quickly at the expo, and we won't be going until Friday afternoon.

So given what is happening at MK right now, it's basically a given that the corralling for the races will have no covid modifications (everyone is going to be squeezed into the start line area).

So given what is happening at MK right now, it's basically a given that the corralling for the races will have no covid modifications (everyone is going to be squeezed into the start line area).
I don't think I've seen that many people TOTAL in the last year and a half, nevermind at the same time. I'm actually starting to worry about how I'm going to handle being in a crowd, but I guess worse case I can hang back and start at the end.

I don't think I've seen that many people TOTAL in the last year and a half, nevermind at the same time. I'm actually starting to worry about how I'm going to handle being in a crowd, but I guess worse case I can hang back and start at the end.

I went to one of the last showings of HEA a few nights ago and we were pretty-well packed together - I wore a mask even though I typically don't just walking around the park. I'll probably do the same in the start corrals and then either toss it or stuff it in my shirt when I cross the start line.

I went to one of the last showings of HEA a few nights ago and we were pretty-well packed together - I wore a mask even though I typically don't just walking around the park. I'll probably do the same in the start corrals and then either toss it or stuff it in my shirt when I cross the start line.

i think that this was one of the ONLY times things were packed lately!

but I’m not sure it’s indicative of how they will do the race starts -but time will tell!

to those with anxiety about being in a crowd for the first time in18 months - I feel you! I still feel chills thinking about how I felt the first time I got on a plane this April! Sandwiched between strangers when I could not even be at easter with that many people in my family!

I will probably wear a mask in corrals if we have them packed like that - just never know what The person next to you might have! And any cold these days sends you into covid testing jail so it’s better to just Avoid…

Has anyone preordered any of the products on the website? What did you get? I want to preorder at least one of the bundles, since I've heard things can sell out quickly at the expo, and we won't be going until Friday afternoon.
I got the magnet/pin bundle I started doing it since 2018 and it eases the stress

I got my booster and I'll wear my mask - let's go! 8-)
Unfortunately In doing math id be potentially eligible for a booster race weekend (W&D is six months and Marathon is eight months from being fully vaccinated) I will mask up at the expo regardless if indoor masking is required as well as on busses and in coral

now just to psych myself up for crowds cause even in the park I try to keep an arms length minimum from others whenever possible

I didn't think this one out very well - we are going on a cruise exactly 2 weeks after the half. So my husband and I will be the ones wearing N95 masks in the corrals as well as any other time people may be packed into an area. Not ideal for running, but I'll take a slower pace rather than chancing having to miss my cruise!

We are a month out and I feel like we haven't heard a peep about race weekend (except the expo hours). Do they usually wait this late to release course information, runner info, and spectator info?

I’m wondering if they are going to time/delay arrival to the corrals, given the 5:00 AM starting time? Ugh.

We are a month out and I feel like we haven't heard a peep about race weekend (except the expo hours). Do they usually wait this late to release course information, runner info, and spectator info?

I haven't run W&D, but for Marathon Weekend, the answer is yes. It's usually around the 2nd week of December when you get waivers, and a few weeks later they have the valid course map up and available.

From looking at the Wine & Dine 2019 thread, the waivers were released around October 10, about 3 weeks before W&D that year (dates were October 31-November 3rd). Course maps were available about October 3.

From looking at the Wine & Dine 2019 thread, the waivers were released around October 10, about 3 weeks before W&D that year (dates were October 31-November 3rd). Course maps were available about October 3.
Hopefully we get the course maps this week, and the waivers next week. Paid my reservations today....
Got my first long run in (10miles) this past weekend.

Just went through my old emails
2019 was 10-31 through 11-3 and I got my waiver, bib number, and digital guide email on 10-16 so I'm guessing another week and a half or so

Just went through my old emails
2019 was 10-31 through 11-3 and I got my waiver, bib number, and digital guide email on 10-16 so I'm guessing another week and a half or so
So, it looks like about 15 days before. We should look for material around October 20.

Well my plans for the 10k are now in the toilet. I had a fall down the stairs last month and now scheduled for knee repair. I am so bummed because I thought I could at least walk it but my doctor does not recommend that.

Still going on the trip. 🙁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter