• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine package receipt.

CarolynU

Proud Mum twice over
Had a problem today buying a wine package for forthcoming cruise.
I cannot do it on the app or DCL website. I can log on and see everything but when trying to add the wine package it says reservation not recognised.
So today I rang DCL to add it but the agent added it for each person in the stateroom despite me saying that it was to share between the two of us in the dining room.
I can see it as pending on my cc.
I immediately rang again but this time the agent said that he didn’t know anything about wine packages and so had to read all terms and conditions despite me pointing it out that it’s not like a per person beverage package on other cruise lines. After an age he agreed and refunded one person which will take 14 days to process.
So assuming that works should I get a receipt to say I’ve actually bought it? Right now I just have a mess and nothing to prove I’ve paid once never mind twice!

I have always received an email receipt after purchasing a wine package…but then, I have never had the issues you described. Best of luck.

Can you just cancel both and purchase onboard? It’s the same price if you purchase at dinner and so much easier!

We always buy at our first dinner. Is there sone advantage to buying early?
Same here, we always bought it our first night on the cruise. The interesting thing is Disney has offered us the same price if we needed to increase our wine package. I.e. we went from a 5 night to a 6 night package on a trip when we finished our bottles.

I have always received an email receipt after purchasing a wine package…but then, I have never had the issues you described. Best of luck.
Ahh thank you. Still no receipt but I emailed DCL and let them know about what happened, so if I don’t get a receipt once the mess is sorted I’ll email again.

Can you just cancel both and purchase onboard? It’s the same price if you purchase at dinner and so much easier!
I did say that to the agent but by the time he has finished looking up the terms and conditions he had already started to process one refund so I just thought it may be easier to stick to it, but I do wish that I’d cancelled it all now to be honest.

We always buy at our first dinner. Is there sone advantage to buying early?
I prefer to buy my wine package at our first dinner for a couple of reasons. First, I can elect a package sized to the length of the cruise and our speciality dining plans. Since DW drinks no alcohol, I usually split each bottle of wine across two dinners. That usually means a three-bottle package for a seven-night cruise and a six-bottle package for a 13- or 14-night cruise like the transatlantic or Panama Canal. Second, the autogratuity is pooled among beverage serving crew across the ship. I always like to add extra designated for our serving team. The on-board purchase allows for this, where I can add the extra gratuity to the charge slip. Finally, the advance purchase may include Florida sales tax that is not charged on the ship. I don’t know this for a fact, since I purchase on board, but I know they charge sales tax on the pre-purchase of bottled water as well as the autogratuity, so it’s more expensive than the same bottled water package purchased on board (and it’s already too expensive to the point that I now use a refillable water bottle and fill it with the ship water).

I prefer to buy my wine package at our first dinner for a couple of reasons. First, I can elect a package sized to the length of the cruise and our speciality dining plans. Since DW drinks no alcohol, I usually split each bottle of wine across two dinners. That usually means a three-bottle package for a seven-night cruise and a six-bottle package for a 13- or 14-night cruise like the transatlantic or Panama Canal. Second, the autogratuity is pooled among beverage serving crew across the ship. I always like to add extra designated for our serving team. The on-board purchase allows for this, where I can add the extra gratuity to the charge slip. Finally, the advance purchase may include Florida sales tax that is not charged on the ship. I don’t know this for a fact, since I purchase on board, but I know they charge sales tax on the pre-purchase of bottled water as well as the autogratuity, so it’s more expensive than the same bottled water package purchased on board (and it’s already too expensive to the point that I now use a refillable water bottle and fill it with the ship water).
I’m not sure why I decided to buy it in advance. Just a creature of habit I suppose!
I wish I hadn’t now that I’ve paid in error for 14 bottles of wine on a seven night cruise!!!!
I can’t even imagine why the agent did that, but maybe there are lots of folks who could drink that much but this is just my friend and me so 14 bottles of wine between two of us is insane!

If this muddle doesn’t get sorted after 14 days which is the date range that they’ve given me then I will do. I’ll get a refund of both packages and just buy onboard.

I find you really have to know your prices to get the value out of the package. Just be careful.
It’s my friend who I am sailing with who wanted the package. I was pretty ambivalent, but we worked it out that per bottle seemed to be about the same cost as a similar bottle in any restaurant where we live so that’s why I went ahead to order it as I’m the lead booker.
However, naturally I didn’t expect to have two packages added.
I’m actually wondering if the agent was new and maybe has worked for another cruiseline where everyone in the stateroom has to have the package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter