WISH Ceck-In Week of 3-17

Jiminy102

<font color=blue>The TF is busy trying to tag peop
Good Monday Morning WISHers!! Well I am getting closer to my goal of getting all the Happy Meal toys!! Still have a long way to go though!! My poor diet!!

I did ok last week all considering. I lost .5. I will take it!!! Went to Curves 5 days last week.

Well last weeks challenge went really well. Thanks to everyone who participated! Mrs. Potato head posted this weeks challenge. It's a KILLER!!:eek: ;) :D

Thanks Mrs. potato Head!!

So did anybody have green beer for St. Patrick's day?? I know I behaved and did not!!

Welcome to all the new WISHers!!
Eveybody remember that drinking your water is very important. I know that I did not drink my water this weekend and boy can I tell. I feel horrible!!

Have a great week everyone and Hapy WIShing
Holly

Woo Hoo! After 3 weeks of my scale being "stuck" it finally moved down. I lost 1 lb.
Its not much, but it sure got me excited.

This week is going to be tough.
We have 4 dinners out between last night and this coming saturday. Plus our anniversary is this coming saturday. But, I am going to keep up my workouts and keep drinking water and just see what happens.

I gotta go check out the challenge.
Have a great week everyone.

Hi everyone. I am brand new to the WISH board. I am joining Weight Watchers tonight, hopefully for the last time. So you will probably see me around from time to time.

Another pound this last week. Not as much as I wanted, but better than a gain. I'll just have to do better this coming week.

Week 17: -1/-36/34 to go

Welcome Regi!! I haven't seen your name in a while!! Probably since the one exchange where you sent me all kinds of New Orleans goodies!! Hope to see you here often!!

Well, I started over again last week and when I checked the scale this a.m. I lost 2 lbs!!!
And I have been doing pretty good with my water. I've already had 6 glasses today!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now I just need to start exercising! :rolleyes: :D

I haven't checked in for a while because I've just been so depressed! I've been on a weight roller coaster for the last few weeks. I think I must have gained and lost the same 2 lbs 5 times at least! Anyway - this morning I was back to the point of my last check-in. Total of 20 lbs lost so far - and 50 left to go.

It's been really depressing to me because I'm one of those people who don't look like they weigh as much as they do. Not that I look thin - I definitely look overweight - just not 50 lbs overweight! So all my friends think I've done so well with my 20 lbs and just don't realize how far I still have to go!

But, trying to look on the bright side - 20 lbs less of me will have to be drug around WDW when we get there on Saturday!!! And hopefully the healthy eating habits will keep the trip from becoming a total food fest!!

Patricia

Well,I had been doing SO good but over the weekend we drove to Oklahoma for a wedding.I didnt drink as much water as I should have,nor did I exercise at all.Plus with all the fast food and wedding cake...I am up 2 lbs.:( This really sucks and I'm going to really buckle down this week and take it back off if it kills me.

Ursula

Ursula do not feel bad. I started curves, am walking 2 miles a day and do a minimum of 150 crunches and I gained 4 lbs. I did cheat with a little cheese ckae, and had some rice, but I am so bummed out :( Hopefully next week will be better! Good luck everyone!

I'm thrilled to report that I finally went down last week. I lost 2.2 lbs., so I've got 13 down and 13 to go. Halfway there! I'm trying really hard this week, but we're going out of town Thursday, so I won't be able to weigh-in this week. I am going to try REALLY hard on our trip so I don't backtrack all I have worked so hard for. Good luck everyone! :)

Glo- I bet you need to increase your points with all of your exercise increase. That happened to someone I know, and as soon as she increased her points she began losing again. Make sure you are doing your activity points!!!

I joined Curves just over 1 month ago. I love it and feel great. I've lost 9 lbs (5lbs of that being fat) and 1% of my body fat. But I was measured by someone different that the person who signed me up. According to the measurements the owner took last night I've gained:

5 inches in my hips
1/2 inch in my bust
1 inch on my thighs and calves

Now I know I've built some muscle up, but I also have dropped 2 pants sizes and fit into tops and jeans that haven't fit me since last winter, and had to get a smaller bra! So there is NO WAY I've gained in any of those places. The owner agreed that she and the other lady must have measured me differently because of what I said and the body fat loss.

But it's a bit frustrating to not have that progress on paper. I know if I can see and feel a difference that's what really matters, but it's nice to have the real results to back it up!

Thanks for letting me vent! :)

Lauren I am doing Atkins and Curves....Have any other ideas? I have no points on this. I am so bumming about it.

Hello! It's good to see that so many of us are still chugging (chubbing??) along. :D

My huge week-to-week variation continued. I was down 4.2 this week for a total loss of 32.2 since 12/3/01. Last week I was up 1.4 and the week before that down .4 so you can see that I really need to concentrate on the overall trend on the bad weeks.

Our meeting today was on portion control. I ended up buying the 1/2 and 1 cup measuring ladle/spoon thing. It gives me less of an excuse and red is the accent color in my kitchen anyway.

Also I learned for the 1st time that if you eat a fruit that is more than 1 point (eg bananas, apples), each point counts as a fruit serving for your 5 a day. I didn't know that!!!

We're heading to Orlando on Friday -- staying at a timeshare resort. I can control food with less excuses. It also has a nice work-out room that DD and I vow to use every day.

There was a man at our meeting today who had lost 49 pounds, avoided back surgery and cut his high blood pressure medication from 20mg to 2mg a day! Losing weight is good for us.

I plan to stock up on 25 calorie hot cocoa while the Easter candy is around. :)

Glo-

Sorry:( No ideas for you. I am not that familiar with Atkins. I did protien power a while back, but I didn't last very long on it.

Just keep going with what you are doing, because you are doing GREAT!!!!!:)

Glo -

When I did Atkins I had to increase my carb grams a little (2-5 per day) to get off a stalled point. You might want to try that.

Patricia

I went to my weigh-in today (I go every 2 weeks), and although my fat mass went down a bit from last time, my water weight was up! So, the big number also went up (about 3 lbs, ack!)

My Doctor told me that the less water you drink, the more you retain. I would have to agree with him because I have not been very good about my water intake, and there on the scale it shows.

I am having some motivation problem because I'm down to my last 20 lbs. I had set my timeline as having it off by graduation (june 8th). I will really need to stick to my guns to get that last bit off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to re-vamp my motivation? Really, I need to think of some very specific reasons that I want to lose this weight. Most of my reasons that I wrote down at the begining of this venture have been accomplished. I just need to figure out why the last 20 are just as important.

Anyway, good job to all...lets keep up the good work!

You could do what I did which is to tape motivational statements in the kitchen.I have one that says "The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot concieve" tape to my microwave and another that says "Focus!You can do it!" on the fridge and a third one tape to my pantry door that reads "Don't fall off the horse and backslide".THose help me quite a bit,esp when I am down and I feel like cooking something to make me feel better.Maybe these will work for you??I also watch Bodies In Motion Hawaii with Gilad on the Discovery health Network in the mornings and his excitement and enthusiasm is infectious! If you don't get DHN you could go to his website www.bodiesinmotion.com to order some video tapes to keep you going.

Ursula

Gilad's still on? I haven't seen him on tv in years.:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter