WISH Team Who??? (Doctor Who quip) :) ... All are welcome :)

Choice of Name

• The Apprentices

• Walt's Runners

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, the 3 hour cutoff will definitely not fly with me at this point. :rotfl:

I need some that move a little slower for now. Until I get my 'race legs' anyway. I would love to have more close to home though! There seem to be quite a few races in the Carolinas though. I was surprised. Wilmington, and a ton in Charleston. Charlotte too. I need to look into them more!

I like reading about everyone's races. I am getting ready to start week 6 of c25k. I tried to do it last year but couldn't find anyone who wanted to do it. My dh and son started with me in July. We're at different places in running but we're all out there together. That means a lot when it's 95 degrees and very humid. We run on the high school track.

I do zumba dvd's and mix in some P90X stuff too. I'm turning 40 this year and I want to hit it strong. I've never been a runner, I couldn't even run one lap when I started. I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying the running.

I work part-time at a preschool, with 3 year olds and it's an adventure. I have a few weeks left of summer break before school starts.

Rhonda - thanks for the recommendation of the book. I just downloaded it from Amazon and started reading it - looks great!

Hello everyone!

Thanks Matt for stepping up and getting a new team together!

My name is Tracy. I am located down south in Louisiana. I am a 38 year old mother of 4- DS18, DS17, DD13, DS1 (yes, I started all over!) I have always like to walk, and after placing 3rd in my age group at a 5K in May, I decided I wanted to "pick up the pace". I started the c25k program in June, and was starting week 7, when I was sidelined. Not sure what I have done, but my left ankle looks bruised and has been swollen for two weeks now. I have an appointment Wednesday to get it checked out. I have to get back out there!

My current plans are to run a 5K in September and October. I am looking for a 10k to run Oct/Nov. And then, my ultimate goal.....the Princess Half! I am so excited about that! I hope my injury doesn't put a damper on my goals.

I'll have to think on the name thing, too. I'm not very good at those things.

Looking forward to making new friends, and moving forward in our endeavors!

OK so I've added a Poll about our name to the thread, I've only seen 2 nominations. I can easily add more so if anyone else comes up with any bright ideas just let me know :).

Can we be Walt's Runners if there is already a Walt's Warriors team? Maybe something around Lily? Or the Grim Grinning Ghosts?

I was thinking last night but I am not so creative, esp when getting up at 4:30AM and run/walking a half. :laughing:

I have about 3 hours to wait on a plane today to San Antonio so I will think some more. :)

Ooo yea big fan of the haunted mansion. Also there's supposedly a ghost in pirates of the carribean called George.

I read The Non-Runners Marathon Training book, that is my new training bible.....I recommend it.
I reading that one right now too! Not following the training plan, but reading the other weekly stuff. I may be paranoid, it just doesn't seem like enough running. We'll see.

Have my first 15 miler tomorrow morning. Was supposed to run it yesterday, but the area wasn't running safe. Dark and no sidewalks. Little nervous, but we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning at 7:30!!

Kinda feeling the Grinning Ghosts name. Is George on the ride, like a real ghost, or in the movie?

I reading that one right now too! Not following the training plan, but reading the other weekly stuff. I may be paranoid, it just doesn't seem like enough running. We'll see.

Have my first 15 miler tomorrow morning. Was supposed to run it yesterday, but the area wasn't running safe. Dark and no sidewalks. Little nervous, but we'll see how I feel tomorrow morning at 7:30!!

Kinda feeling the Grinning Ghosts name. Is George on the ride, like a real ghost, or in the movie?

The weekly chapters is what is sooo great! The mental games and the tips and tricks, is what is so great! I have really adapted the mental tricks and injury prevention they suggest, and I love reading the diary entries from the other runners. This is all new to me so I really am listening to others and learning from their experiences and mistakes..... I'm not following the training plan cause I'm not quit up to that YET!

I'll have to check out that book. I've been adding to my library lately anyway!

I sort of like the Grim Grinning Ghost thing. Even though it's not necessarily 'run related'. Then again...GGG for Go Go Go...I like the 3Gs! :lmao: It could work!

I didn't do anything today. I had plans of getting on the treadmill, but the first Monday of the month is always a disaster in my line of work and I've just wanted to crawl into bed since about lunchtime. I think I'll go lie down with one of my training books and see if I can get some new ideas. Working out the mind is at least half as useful as working out the body when you're training...right??

Tomorrow. I'll definitely get my 5K in. I promise. Either first thing in the morning or at lunch time. It'll probably be a better bet just to do it in the morning since we've got people off at work tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I won't get a lunch break tomorrow either. I hadn't thought about that...

Enough rambling. Time for sleep!

It's Dec 11th. They say it's hilly, though.

Here are the details: http://www.runcharlotte.com/races-halfmarathon.htm

I live about 2 hours from Charlotte as well, and could bunk with my BIL. One of my running club friends is likely to go too so we may make a weekend of it. :)

Kat, I'm really thinkin about doing this race in Charlotte Dec11. I think I Might be sorta kinda ready to at least run/walk within a relatively ok time frame! Can you tell I'm still feeling all this out? And....I'm hoping with the hills and 2 months left to train, I might be able to beat my time at Disney! So. Let me know if you actually are gonna be there and I wll do the same....Rhonda

I'll have to check out that book. I've been adding to my library lately anyway!

I sort of like the Grim Grinning Ghost thing. Even though it's not necessarily 'run related'. Then again...GGG for Go Go Go...I like the 3Gs! :lmao: It could work!

I didn't do anything today. I had plans of getting on the treadmill, but the first Monday of the month is always a disaster in my line of work and I've just wanted to crawl into bed since about lunchtime. I think I'll go lie down with one of my training books and see if I can get some new ideas. Working out the mind is at least half as useful as working out the body when you're training...right??

Tomorrow. I'll definitely get my 5K in. I promise. Either first thing in the morning or at lunch time. It'll probably be a better bet just to do it in the morning since we've got people off at work tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I won't get a lunch break tomorrow either. I hadn't thought about that...

Enough rambling. Time for sleep!
Well of course reading counts!!!! That's where I get my motivation from!! Read on and share what u learn.....R

Hello everyone. I like the grim grinning ghosts! That's a great name.

Looks like most of you are running the princess, anyone here running the 1/2 in January?

Kim - no worries on the LSU thing. That is until we play you. :lmao:;)

Kat, I'm really thinkin about doing this race in Charlotte Dec11. I think I Might be sorta kinda ready to at least run/walk within a relatively ok time frame! Can you tell I'm still feeling all this out? And....I'm hoping with the hills and 2 months left to train, I might be able to beat my time at Disney! So. Let me know if you actually are gonna be there and I wll do the same....Rhonda

Checking in quickly from San Antonio... I am about 90% in. I have to get back from this trip and sort some things out, but I have at least 2 friends (one local, one not) pushing me into it, and free lodging there, plus it's only 2 hours away, so it's very very probable. I will let you know for sure in the next week or two.

This last minute biz trip thing sucks. I got told Friday (while in Chicago) to cancel my flight back to Raleigh and come here today. I had to make the coworker that picked me up from the airport stop so I could buy clothes. :rolleyes:

Also, SO SO sore today. Much worse than the last half. I think it's because we came back to my friend's house within a few hours after the race, and didn't move enough. Plus I think I really messed up my left shin, and in counterpoint my right hip, by pushing too hard in miles 7-13.1 in the race, even though it hurt.

I don't think the team name has to be running related? They have the Incredibles and Hakuna Matata and others. I do agree it would be better to have running, though... Grim Grinning Runners? Too cheesy?

Okay enough rambling for me too... off to bed. I won't be checking in much this week due to spending my days crawling through a hospital on a site survey, rather than at my normal desk job.

Hello everyone. I like the grim grinning ghosts! That's a great name.
Looks like most of you are running the princess, anyone here running the 1/2 in January?
Kim - no worries on the LSU thing. That is until we play you. :lmao:;)

I'll be there in Jan. Running the full not the half. My dad is doing Goofy, so I'll be there for the half though. No Princess this year. WDW is the big travel running trip next year.

I'm doing the full right now, still tempted to upgrade to the goofy. We'll see.

Wow. I am very impressed with anyone doing the Goofy. I would love to be able to do that at some point. Maybe I could handle it in 2012? We shall see!

After the Princess I'll be concentrating on the DL half (and saving up for a cross country trip) because I desperately want that Coast to Coast medal. It's all about the bling. ;)

I need to find some things to fill in the blanks though. I've got a 5K in September at Myrtle Beach, my first Half in October (also at Myrtle Beach), and then nothing until the Princess in February. I need some things before Feb and between Feb and Sept. Hmmm... Who ever thought I'd be going race shopping?!? DH is going to kill me. :lmao:

You're gonna love the DL 1/2. It is so much fun. The medal is awesome too! I got 1 last year, and will be going for number 2 next year. The 5K is great as well. B/c the parks are across from each other, almost the entire thing is in DL and DCA so that is fun. What about the Rock n Roll Series for something in b/w Feb and Sept? Or a local 10K? That way you could give your legs a little rest abd don't tire out for DL. Don't know any specific ones, I could tell you a lot about ones out here :goodvibes. I get your race shopping. Once I started doing races, it makes a nice excuse to travel, at least for the weekend, and get out for a little bit.

I am thinking I want to try for the Coast to Coast medal as well! It's so addictive! Don't know if we'll be able to recover in time for a trip to Cali. I'm afraid I won't get away with the kids on that one, none of us have been to California!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter