Wk of May 27--WISH Running/Walking Club

Big Vic

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

Originally Posted by TigerLily03
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jodistar Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TriMom TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

That would be Chimera. :rotfl: You ain't right. :lmao:

Oh Chimera, where areth thou Chimera. Chimera please add the fair Erica and her indentured servent windwalker to your list of "Something Wish, this way comes".

Erica Goofyin08forErica.

Dave Windwalker.

Thank you, we will send you our first born, we have been wondering how we were going to get her out of the house anyway.

Dave:hippie:

Hey everybody--just a quick drive by post....

I ran the Spring Lake 5 miler yesterday. I posted a race report on the other thread, but I will just say that I was very happy. I finished "unofficially" in 48:14. Very happy with my time, especially with the heat that we had yesterday.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Dona - To track your outdoor mileage, try gmap-pedometer.com It uses google maps and calculates your mileage. That's how I do mine!

Hi Everyone!

Gotta try to get into this thread before it becomes humongous!

I ran outside for the first time yesterday. I discovered it is much harder than the TM -- good thing I figured this out now. It was great to see the ocean and feel the wind, so I'm going to stick with it. Can't do the Donald on my TM...

Dave -- Welcome to the List!

Vic -- Thanks for getting the list going this week!

Laurie -- Great job!

I'm walking on the TM later -- it's my long walk to my "movie of the week". This week I'm watching "The Queen". I call this crosstraining, although I'm sure some would beg to differ!

If it's not raining (I'm not that brave yet), I'll be back outside tomorrow for another run. I'm going to turn into a real athlete, eventually.

Maria

Quick post to start the week off right:cool1: .

20 miles yesterday in 3:20:05. Glad to have my last LR behind me and looking forward to tapering:thumbsup2 . I have bought two new pair of running shoes in the last month so taper madness started early:confused3 .

Maria - Let us know how "The Queen" is. Best of luck on your LR and you already are an athlete!!

Laurie - Congrats on the awesome finish time:woohoo:

Happy training to all this week and Happy Memorial Day!!

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are having a nice time here in Houston. The weather has been not so great--but having some good family time. I've taken the weekend off training (didn't even pack my running shoes), so nothing to report from that end!

Dave--I'll second Vic--you ain't right!;) :rotfl2:

Don't forget to check the calendar to make sure your event is posted correctly.

Happy weekend to our WISH Team.

I just returned from the NE Ohio DIS Picnic and hand a chance to go for a 4 mile walk with one of the folks there...sadly, I did not bring my tennis shoes and chose to not step out in the flip flops I was wearing. If only I had known.

So, I ate today. Yum!
:scared1: :laughing:

Maria--WTG for getting outdoors! I hope you had a great workout during your "movie of the week" workout!

Stephanie--glad to hear you are having a great time in Houston....who cares what the weather is like when you are enjoying time with your family!!

We're baaaack!

Vic...thanks for starting things off for the week!

I have no running to report, but lots of hiking. We stayed in Bryson City, NC, less than a mile from one part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park areas called Deep Creek. This was the view from our cabin deck:

77486N_Carolina_2007_111-med.jpg

It took us about 11.5 hours of driving to get there :faint: On day 2, we found Tallulah Gorge in N Georgia. This is the L'eau D'or at the top:

77486N_Carolina_2007_019.jpg

Then you go down 1,682 stairs to get to Tallulah Gorge at the bottom:
77486N_Carolina_2007_090-med.jpg

Unfortunately, that also means you have to go up 1,682 stairs to get back to the top :scared1: My calves hurt for days!

We got to see several waterfalls at Deep Creek...this is Indian Creek Falls, one of my favorites:

77486N_Carolina_2007_295-med.jpg

We spent one evening in Asheville, where I got to check out a Dick's Sporting Goods. I found the best shoes for PF, they're Ayuna thongs by Adidas. They have what's called a fitFoam layer. Kaley says it's like walking on a mattress. For you medical types, I would call it 3+ pitting edema ;) They're pretty fabulous! I just can't believe I paid $25 for a pair of flip-flops!

We also spent some time on the Blue Ridge Parkway where we climbed up 6000 feet to get a 360 degree view of Waterrock Knob. It was breath-taking, awe-inspiring, amazing.

Now we're back where it's hot and flat and the air doesn't smell like Christmas trees. My grandmother's family is from the NC mountains...I haven't been there since I was 11 (and I've been 29 for several years now ;) ) We're thinking of how soon we can go back, where to get whitewater kayaks and hiking boots, etc ;)

I'll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow, when I have some training to report :)

Dave--I'll second Vic--you ain't right!;) :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

Oh gee, I thought that's why I was recruited, comic relief, so Honneibee could take an occasional break.

With your permission I would like to be serious on this the Holiday we remember our heroes.

I have a friend, a lady doctor, Major United States Army. I met her on the Runners World Forum and she was deployed to Afganastan as the doctor for the elite 10th Mountian Division. She was right in the thick of the fighting there. As a tribute to her bravery, Erica and I wore her name on all our race #s while she was deployed to harms way. When we did the Flying Pig race we finally got to meet our hero, all 5' 100 lbs of her.

As a retired military man and combat vet, I know first hand how it feels to be in a strange land. This memorial day weekend, take a moment to remember that freedom is not free. We have brave men and women in harms way right now. Even if you don't believe in the politics of the current fighting, keep faith with our warriors and when you see one come home tell them thank you.

When you are flying home from combat and the pilot announces over the intercom, "We have just crossed over onto American soil, welcome home", the cheering is deafening. Make that welcome last and give it from the heart.

Thank you.

Dave:hippie:

Morning folks, I hope everyone in the US is enjoying their long weekend!

I posted my race report from yesterday's Calgary Women's Run on the report thread. I'm still waiting for the official results though. It wasn't a chip timed race and I believe the clock read about 32:02 when I crossed the finish line. It was supposed to be a 5.5K race (3.4 mi), but my Garmin read 3.1 mi in 31:58 for a 10:18/mi pace. I started my watch a few seconds late, but I don't think it was enough time for me to cover 0.3 mi...

Otherwise mom is off to the airport for her return trip to Indonesia. Participating in the run yesterday was a great end to her trip!

Also, my cousin and her husband have signed up for the Disney Half in January. She said they wanted to come keep me company on the half and cheer me on for the Goofy! It will be great to have them there. She completed the Goofy this year, so she is a great inspiration to me.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning everyone!

Mel – Great pics, and glad I could help out.

Maria – Glad to hear you’re hitting the great outdoors.

Sara – Great job with the 20 miler!

Stephanie – Glad to hear you’re having fun in Houston.

Leana – Congrats!

:)

I did it! I signed up for the WDW 1/2 Marathon :cool1:

Still not sure if I'll be able to make it to the starting line this year but wanted to atleast have the opportunity should I make it. ;)

If not I can always defer the registration to 2009. Anyone still on the fence remember that if you can't go you can defer the registration up to a certain point prior to the race :idea:

Dave said:
As a retired military man and combat vet, I know first hand how it feels to be in a strange land. This memorial day weekend, take a moment to remember that freedom is not free. We have brave men and women in harms way right now. Even if you don't believe in the politics of the current fighting, keep faith with our warriors and when you see one come home tell them thank you.

When you are flying home from combat and the pilot announces over the intercom, "We have just crossed over onto American soil, welcome home", the cheering is deafening. Make that welcome last and give it from the heart.

Thank you.

Dave:hippie

Dave - I'm right there with you. As a retired USAF Senior NCO (no combat time) I think about all who have served and those serving now, and appreciate their sacrifices everyday.

So, to all of my military brothers and sisters, here's to you...

Beer.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter