Wk of May 6--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jodistar Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TriMom TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

I've been awake since 1am (not a good sleeper night before a race :guilty: ) so I'll post a race report after a nap. Here's some photos to get started. Names are from memory, so please correct me where I'm wrong:

Sat May 5, 2007 EOS WISH Racing Team Meet

77486PICT0229-med.JPG

front row: Michelle's (disneyfanz04) daughter, Brittany and her friend, Leana, Lily, Heather, me, Pat, Kristi, Anne.
Back row: Lynnda with Timmy, Bill (kneeling), Michelle, Cam, Lori, Kathy, Martha, Stephanie, Vicki, Rhonda, Leana's mom, Carrie, Judy, Debby (Kristi's Mom)

Sun May 6, 2007 Minnie 15K Pre-Race

77486PICT0238a-med.JPG

Sun May 6, 2007 Minnie 15K Post-Race

77486PICT0242a-med.JPG

That's AWESOME!!

WOOHOO WAY TO GO TEAM!

I wondered when you started a new week thread!!

:wave: Hi everyone! Congratulations on the Races -

Just back from the Frederick (Md.) Half Marathon. (This is the same race as MikeOptimator.)

My time was 2:37:29 for appox a 12:02 pace. My full report has been cut from here and posted on the race report thread.

WOOHOO...our first report from WDW!!

Mel--pictures look great! I hope everyone had an awesome race, can't wait to read the reports!

Kelley--Awesome job on your half! 12 min miles--you were not close to being swept! Keep up the good work!!

Back to watching the NASCAR Race--I will try to check in later on tonight!!

Hey Kelley - Great Job!! Sorry I didn't see you anywhere.

I posted a report on the other thread.

YEAH WISH TEAM!!!:cool1: :cheer2:
Thanks so much for posting the pics. You guys all look so great. I didn't think I was too bummed that I had to bag the Minnie but now I am so very sad after seeing the wonderful photos.:sad1:

Congrats to the Frederick half marathon finishers too!!:banana: :thumbsup2

20 miles for me yesterday. We're off to Alaska this Friday so I am hoping to keep up some training in light of Grandma's Marathon right around the corner.

Please post lots of race reports from the weekend so I can live vicariously and get inspired.

Happy training and racing to everyone this week:woohoo: .

Wow Sara, Grandma's Marathon in Alaska - dont tell DH that's something he'd want to do!!

Kelley - CONGRATULATIONS - and Chicago's my neck of the woods - have fun, the weather should be windy bit chill in the air off the lake, but then for the most part we send the weather on to New York!!

LOVE the Pictures!! I cant wait until I am in one someday!!

Congrats Minnie runners and Kelley and Mike!!!!!!!!! I loved seeing the pictures at the Minnie. I posted my race report for the Flying Pig half on the other thread, but I'll recap here. I finished in 2:27:34!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Right now I'm resting my very sore legs, I'm definitely NOT wearing heels to work tomorrow! :thumbsup2

but Krista, you're GOING to work tomorrow!!

Congrats on your time1! :woohoo:

Congratulations Team!:banana: :woohoo:

Mel- LOVE the pictures!

Andrew- I didn't try the caber toss but I did participate as a last minute walk-on in the Ladies Haggis Hurl. I did remarkably well considering it was my first time! I'm going to practice over the next year and perfect my technique!:rotfl:

It's so much fun hearing about everyone's races this weekend. I guess the Minnie crowd are partying tonight. Hope the bail fund stays intact!

Since I took yesterday as a rest day to go to the running clinic, I did my LR this morning. Opted to do it on the TM, so I used the Minnie map and "pretended" I was running with them. I made it 6 miles before I had to stop and get ready for church. I felt really good!

Now I'm going to go register for the Galloway Training Program - one sales pitch to DH down, one to go! (I'll give him a couple of days, then start on the ToT race...)

Jackie

We did our "long" walk this afternoon, 4 miles. It was a PR for me (1:00:47). The best part was I got faster throughout the whole 4 miles.
Splits (as best as I can remember, and I'm terrible at math!):
1: 15:29
2: 15:11
3: 15:07
4: 14:56

It felt really good, and I think that a 15 minute/mile pace for the 1/2 is a great goal for me. Just like I was a swimmer/water polo player, endurance is my strength, not so much speed. I can stay in 2nd gear for a long, long time :rotfl:

Mel Thanks for the pictures! That's so great to see everyone together, all decked out with the medals. Awesome job :cheer2:

Kelley Nice work on the marathon, what a great pace! :cheer2:

Sara 20 miles in a row is so beyond my comprehension, and you're so blase about it :rotfl: Great job and I hope your trip is awesome.

Krista Great finish! You should be super proud of yourself. :dance3: Now be nice to those poor legs the next couple days ;)

Jackie Glad you got a good run in this morning. I use Disney music as my inspiration, so I totally understand :thumbsup2

HI EVERYONE!!!

I'm Back!!! I have missed you all soooooo much....

I wish I was with all of you at the Minnie this past weekend.... and even though I haven't been around, You were all in my thoughts!!

Last I left you, I was in the middle of moving... and directing a show...
Well.. I have finished my move.. gotten my computer connected (finally!) and my show is opening at the end of this week.

I finally got my diet back on track.. and am actively working on losing this extra poundage!! I am looking forward to catching up with all of you.. and reading all of your fantastic race reports!!!

I was excited to see the Tower of Terror race on the thread.. and I am checking room rates as we speak... ummmm... type! LOL!! That one sounds like alot of fun!

I hope all is well with everyone.. and I am looking forward to seeing/hearing/reading you all again!!!

:)

Kathy

Mel - Great Pics...thanks for posting them!
disnutt - Remember it's all in the wrist. Keep it up and you'll be in the Hagis Hurl Hall of Fame in no time. Just make sure to wear your WISH shirt for the pic!
bekkiz - Great job on the PR!
Kelley - Awesome time for the Half! Way to go!

45 min of the Rolling Hill program on the recumbant today. 2mile run tomorrow.
Happy Training!

Congrats to everyone who raced this week. Sounds like you all did awesome! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Kathy - Great to see you back! I wondered where you'd been.

I worked the Broad Street Run 10-miler this weekend (Expo and race day) and have slept off and on since I got home. 54 hours is 4 days is tiring. We blew past our enrollment goal for the year. We always hope to increase registration from the year before. Last year we had 15,004 people registered. This year was 17,800+. We were shocked!

No training for me yet. Now that the race is over, I'm going to get in the pool and see how the foot responds. I feel so out of shape, I hope I don't sink to the bottom! ;)

Terri

WTG RACERS! I LOVE READING THE REPORTS!

WTG Minnies! There are so many of you I would hate to try to name and leave out! Loved the pics though! :banana:

WTG Piggies! Krista that is an AWESOME TIME! Good luck on going to work today! :banana:

WTG Frederick half marathon finishers! Can I call you Freds? Kelley that is a great time! Am I right that you are a race walker? You were flying, even for running! :banana:

eeyore45 - I think that I had read that you did not know if the Google was correct on mileage....was it you?:confused3 Well if it was, I have found that it is very good at the mileage. I sometimes bike on the course that I run too and I have a mileage thingy on my bike and it adds up. I used to have a pedometer and it would never read right for me....it would be about a 10th of a mile short each mile. No big deal for 1 or 2 miles, but when you get up to 20+ it really messes with you. When I do Google, I put it on the hybrid setting, get as close as I can, and map out exactly where I run....like on the sidewalk or road.... b/c that makes a difference on the mileage. Hope this helps.

Kathy - Glad to see you back.

Cannot remember if I posted this or not...I ran around an hour on some very technical and muddy trails Saturday! It was GREAT! One of my buddies from my show joined me. She could not believe how AWESOME trail running was. Even after she fell...she did not get hurt. Don't know the mileage, but it was at least 5....Yeah 5 in an hour...they were real technical! I normally do about 7 miles in and hour.
So my mileage for running last week was around 32.5 miles and around 13 miles biking...biking suffered b/c of the rain.:sad2:

Hey all... I was out of town for a couple of days for work. Came home late late Saturday night and did my 10 miler on Sunday. Used my new orthotics. They felt good, just some minor rubbing on the left foot. No visable blisters, so I am happy. Anyhoo, the 10 miler was HORRIBLE. I have not been able to run much for 2 weeks because of PF, so I had to get this in because my 1/2 marathon is in 2 weeks. The wind was so strong, the chicken didn't kick, it was dead. OMG, I think I was running backwards at times. So it was a slow painful 10 miles, but it's done now and I can move on!!!!!

Kathy - WELCOME BACK. I was thinking of you last week and was going to post to see if anyone knew where you were. I remember chatting briefly with you at WDW, then you disapeared. Are you coming back for 1/2 or full next year?

Krista - AWESOME AWESOME time. Way to go!!!!!!

I love all the reports. I wish I could have been there with everyone. It brought back so many January memories. CONGRATS TO ALL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter