Wk Of Nov 11 - WISH Walking/Running Club

images.jpg

I am super busy at work right now and shouldn't be on here, but I just to say HI!!!! to Amy Beth! I am so glad that you are back, I have missed you!

Christa--:wizard: for your DD and hope you feel better too!

Cam--:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for you back!

Cecilia--Hope you feel better soon! Don't risk coming back too fast or too strong! :wizard:

Stephanie--:wizard: for your ankle!

Okay, now I am logging off and getting back to work. Hopefully I'll post this weekend, I'm doing 7 this weekend for the 10K on Thursday (I agree, Amy, nothing like burning an extra 600 calories before sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner! :thumbsup2 )

Good luck to everyone on your lr's this weekend! I am so proud of each and every one of you!

Amy, I am running the Gobble Jog 10K Thanksgiving morning with my DH. I'm kinda wishing I signed up for the 5K instead... :rolleyes1

We drove the course the other day. It is nice, goes by alot of really cute historic older homes. They are expecting 4,000 runners.

Amy, I am running the Gobble Jog 10K Thanksgiving morning with my DH. I'm kinda wishing I signed up for the 5K instead... :rolleyes1

We drove the course the other day. It is nice, goes by alot of really cute historic older homes. They are expecting 4,000 runners.

Shan....I'm running the Gobble Jog 10k too! I ran it last year and although it was a bit disorganized, it was a pretty fun race. Warning: It's two laps of the 5k course...and try to get there early...the race was delayed last year due to an overwhelming number of race day entrants.

Have fun!!!

Stephanie - Hope your ankle pain subsides soon.

Amy - So glad you're posting again! I'm running an 8K Turkey Trot here Thanksgiving Day.

Stacie - Great job on the C25K. We'll see you at the 5K in January - DD and DH are running that before I do the Half.

I'm down to one mid-week run a week right now to give my feet a break. Between the ankle and the PF, it seems to be the only way I can get through it. I'm going to attempt 6 miles tomorrow before heading to the Christmas parade to see DD's marching band. Tuesday I take DD to the podiatrist, and I'm going to ask him for another cortisone shot and hope that does the trick!

Jackie

Hi Jackie and Krista :hug: . So nice to see you too! I'll try to be good and post here. It's getting exciting thinking about how close marathon weekend is!!!

Jackie...sending you some good wishes for your feet :(. I think you're smart taking it easy during the week to give yourself a break! Lots of PD! :goodvibes

Okay guys, I have a confession......I cannot run without my iPod. I know all about the safety concerns, but I can't leave it at home. I run with in on low volume so I can hear the cars, and I wear the 'exterior' kind (not the ear buds which really occuludes the ear). That's all I can do.

My sister has run for 30 years and has never worn music, and she loves it that way. The only time I don't wear them is when I run with her. Her constant chatter/commentary keeps me quite entertained! But 98% of my training is all by my lonesome, so iPod it is!

Ran 4 miles today, and 5 miles yesterday! I am still baking up a storm for my fund raising efforts!

Beth

Shan - I used to run with my ipod but during one solo run I hit the BMZ and threw my headphones away. Now I only use the ipod on the treadmill. Funny thing is, I don't miss the music on my outdoor runs but can not go 2 minutes on the treadmill without it.
:cheer2: Good Luck on your 10K!

Amybeth - I am running the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving morning. How many pounds of mashed potatoes does that qualify me for?

I am off to bed so I can RUN tomorrow!! (I promise to be careful.)

Cecilia

Amybeth - I am running the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving morning. How many pounds of mashed potatoes does that qualify me for?

:laughing: About 13 servings of mashed potatoes with butter based on my calculations. A few pounds for sure ;).

Good luck on that tune-up Half Cecelia! We just did our tune-up race in October and it felt great! Have a wonderful time and good luck!

COOL! Shan and Scott are running the same race :). Good luck you guys! Here's to PR's all around (and good weather). Last year I ran in torrential rain, gusty wind and near freezing temps. Let's have some :sunny:.

I was able to squeeze in 3 hours on the TM tonight. Watched the end of "Coach Carter" and all of "Glory Road" and listened to some music while reading "First Marathons". Got in 12.24 miles. I'll try to squeeze in another 3.76 sometime this weekend, but my DMIL arrives tomorrow for 2 weeks. I have a feeling my runing will suffer.

Haven't been on here for a few days as things have been really crazy around here this week! But I have found the time to get out and run.

Ran on Tues (2.5 miles)
Ran on Thurs (4.25 miles)
and ran today (2.5 miles)
Tomorrow I have 2.5 planned before we head to NH to have an early T'giving.

I have found that after the first mile I get into a groove and it is easier to run the next mile than it was the first. I am proud of the fact that I am not overdoing it and so glad that I have a long term goal (the Minnie 15K) to work toward. It also helps that the Minnie takes place during our surprise trip to WDW with the kids. Since I can't talk about the trip I have been talking to DD about the race (she is 5 so she has no clue since I haven't told her anything other than 'Mommy is running a race')

Have a great weekend everyone!

Shan - I used to run with my ipod but during one solo run I hit the BMZ and threw my headphones away. Now I only use the ipod on the treadmill. Funny thing is, I don't miss the music on my outdoor runs but can not go 2 minutes on the treadmill without it.
:cheer2: Good Luck on your 10K!

I am off to bed so I can RUN tomorrow!! (I promise to be careful.)

Cecilia

Funny about the BMZ and headphones!
I use the run to think. Tried to use HP on LRs outside and I felt "trapped" by the music...but on the TM I use them!

The 1/2 marathon will get you around 1300 cals burned!:banana: Most people burn around 100 cals a mile. I think I burn 94.:confused3

OK take 2 of the LR....I am getting ready to drive to my starting location to run 12 miles.:rotfl:

Morning all. Well, my LR this weekend is on hold right now. For the past month or so, I've been experiencing ankle pain (right around the ankle bone--outside of leg), but it's been mild. And I've been telling myself it's nothing and continued to train. Well, this morning I almost couldn't walk on it--think the cold weather stiffened it up a bit. It's better now, but still a little sore. What do ya'll think?

i just went to the podiatrist this week with the same type of problem. He said, for me, it was tendonitis. He prescribed 500mg of Anaprox (generic brand), twice daily. The sad thing is that I can't take this during my long-run weekend. Not sure what I'm going to do. I haven't been able to run much this past week and I've got to do 16 miles this weekend. :sad2:

Beth: I cannot run without my iPod either. The best shoes and the iPod pulled me back in. It is not that I do not enjoy my run but I get bored with myself :lmao: and when I talk to myself, it just causes talk around town!!! I have the external phones and I keep the music down also. Sometimes, when I travel, I take the buds but I run with only 1 in so I can hear.

Shan and everyone else, I know that the whole strangling thing is scary but, as women, we just need to be AWARE of what is going on. Sometimes, we tend to get caught up in the music or have it too loud and we become less aware of cars and people and that is when things go bad. I have done defense training with women in the past and the one thing we try to get through to them is just to remain aware. :thumbsup2

i just went to the podiatrist this week with the same type of problem. He said, for me, it was tendonitis. He prescribed 500mg of Anaprox (generic brand), twice daily. The sad thing is that I can't take this during my long-run weekend. Not sure what I'm going to do. I haven't been able to run much this past week and I've got to do 16 miles this weekend. :sad2:

Susie....Take the anaprox and give the leg a rest. It should start to do its job fairly quickly! My best advice is to shelve the LR. I know it's really really hard to do but pushing it on the LR will make the recovery longer, I learned that lesson last year. Tendonitis can be very painful :(. I dealt with it a lot last year during training. There is still LOTS of time left so allow it to heal. And it will :). See if a week off, icing and rest do the trick. :hug: I hate to see anyone dealing with that. It stinks!

Has anyone seen these?
Safe Sound Personal Speakers
http://www.safesoundsports.com/product.html

I think I may order this after my last disastrous run. I wasn't into it mentally and not having my music just about killed me. Funny, I have run several times w/o it, but with my current lack of motivation it was just too hard. I wouldn't do the lanyard cause that is the same as the headphones as far as being able to strangle you, but it shows you can also clip them on your shirt. It appears I'm trying my best to look like Inspector Gadget... :sad2:

Scott, cool beans! I'll try to remember to wear my WISH hat. Thanks for the heads up. We were planning on getting there early anyway before the roads close, plus we need to go by the Big Peach tent to pick up our shirts. Do I need to bring my own water or can I depend on the water station for both loops around? Did you have trouble parking? I'm extremely concerned about my feet. I was up last night with them aching. I think I might wear my old running shoes.

Oh, did they take any race photos?

Cecilia, good luck on Thanksgiving! :woohoo:

. . .
Are there a lot of people running on Turkey Day? It's the best day to run b/c then you can go home and chow down!!! LOVE it! :thumbsup2
. . .

I'm heading out to San Diego to spend Thanksgiving with the in-laws. We are running a 5K there. Wish it was a longer race, would give me more of an excuse to shove more food in my face :lmao:

Good morning WISH Team.

I did a couple of easy miles this morning and some good stretching. Starting to feel good again, must be time for the next LSD:eek:

Please add your miles to the 1000 mile challange. If all of us contribute to the total we can reach that goal I'm sure. I promise it won't ruin your reputation by posting on one of my threads.

I know everyone keeps up with wear on your trainers, but do you the same for your work shoes? I think my worn dress shoes were causing me to get some additional soreness in my legs. I only wear Rocport dress/sports but since I'm on my feet for most of the 8 hour shift, wear on them is probably as important as on my trainers. I just don't pay attention to them like I do my trainers.

Has anyone heard from Wendy since her reverse Goofy? I hope she is not hurt.

Have an awesome weekend.

Cut Back Week Panda:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter