Wk of Oct 1--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we're a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. Some of us are training for the 2006 Disneyland Half and for the 2007 WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news/training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

2007 WISH Team

akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
Andrea718 Andrea NY
andromedaslove Dana FL
bekagain Bekah
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
budbeerlady
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
Cheryl N. WI Cheryl WI
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cingoutload GA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4mk Michael GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
debm IL
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
disneyfanz04 Michelle NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disnygoof Christiana SC
disneyrun
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
dthogue Tammy PA
escape Susie AR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gradtchr Beth TX
hmgolden Helen NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laura NY
Honeibee Judy NY
Houstonmouse Tracey
icunurse_celeste Celeste IL
Jen117 Jen WI
Jodi Jodi CT
jodistar Jodi CT
k_hase Kim NY
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
Kaycee Kaycee KY
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
KeriZ Keri AB
Kim10110 Kim
Kimickey Kim MD
Kimwim8 Kim NJ
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
LittleMissMickey Ashley MN
lizdotcom99 Liz IN
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne
martysmom Jenny FL
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minnie Suzy
momoftwogirls K
monte Monica CO
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom OH
Papa Deuce PA
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
Rachael Q Rachael BC
RedSonya Sonya UT
rKyDeX Chester FL
RunningLilo Dena FL
ryley26 Rich OH
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
sjams Janet TX
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Stenogoddess Lauren GA
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
thndrmatt Matt FL
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
TnTsParty FL
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
Viking Eric GE
Wbgirl Melissa MN
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
wiskband Renee NY
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME

Sunny - you book those plane tickets! There is no way you could NOT finish the Goofy! The time limit is generous, and you have over 3 months to build yourself back up. YOU CAN DO IT! :cheer2: And even if you have to walk some of it (which I doubt knowing how determined you are), there will be tons of walkers with you. Not like today at Applefest, which is only for runners. Hey you can hang in the back of the pack with us slow pokes! :rotfl:

Speaking of Applefest - I saw Chad's ex-girlfriend from right before we met - finshing the race before him! :lmao: I know who she is since we sat together in our senior high school journalism class - long before she dated Chad. Talk about a small world, huh? We tried to find her (along with Sunny) after the race, but never saw her again.

Tomorrow if my first day of MfM and it's going to be tough to fit it in. Chad's not getting home until 2:30pm. We have Zack's pictures being done at 4:30pm. And I should be going to bed by 8pm or so for work Monday. Oh yeah, did I mention the bazillion Halloween items I need to get ready for eBay between tonight & tomorrow night? :scared1: October so snuck up on me! I hereby declare that I am not going to buy Halloween costumes this November to resell next year, even if they are 90% off. :rolleyes:

OK I am training for the WDW full marathon...can someone fill me in on what this thread is??? THANKS!!!! :thumbsup2

Sunny- congrats on Applefest! Sometimes the tough ones are the character builders. BTW, Molly/Emzee won IM Lake Placid not Wisconsin. The race alternates mens and women's pro fields with Coure D'Alene and this year was the male pro field year at Lake Placid leaving it open for a top amatuer such as Molly to be the first overall female. She finished in something like 10:11. She's from NH and I talked to her while we waiting around for Timberman to start in August.

After riding the Lake Placid course today, I'm even more impressed w/ her accomplishment. Unbelievable how much fitness can be lost in not doing much w/ pre-race taper and then recovery from both the race and illness. 66 miles today on Shrek was tough but the course is so stinking gorgeous it was worth it. Ended up running 7 last night when I was scheduled for 3 but had switched the 6 on Thurs up w/ the Fri 3 'cus wimpy Lynne didn't want to go play in the rain and can only tolerate a set distance on the dreadmill so actually only went 1 over. Scheduled for 11 tomorrow.

I still like the little ones in the NICU. I got to do my first complete circumcision from start to finish on Friday as the Neonatalogists also cover the Fort Drum babies so we see full term babies too.

Keep training hard everyone!

Sunny - AWESOME!!!! You did it. Big congrats!!! It was hard b/c you didn't train for it b/c you were on the dl. You will train for goofy, so it won't be so hard. You should buy those plane tickets!!!!!!!!!! You are obviously still in incredible shape!!!!! Who can complete a 1/2 marathon w/o training??? It would kill my muscles to walk. I'm so impressed w/ you. I've been checking in all day to see how it went. What a great accomplishiment.

(I'm reposting my Applefest report since I didn't realize the new week's thread was up)

Hi I made it!!! As Kristi said, I finished somewhere around 2:51 clock time. I'm pretty sure I crossed the start about 2:30 into the race so that should be a sub 2:50 :banana:

It was great seeing Kristi and fam and they even gave me a ride back to my car so I didn't have to stand in line for the busses. Thank you :goodvibes

As for the race, well it was hard, very hard. I was ready to throw in the towel at mile 10 near the top of the last BFH but who quits at mile 10? Then I thought I couldn't possibly make it at mile 12, but again, who quits with just one mile left. I was really, really sore at the end. Forgive me Kristi, if I wasn't too personable!!! I met a guy from work who was all excited to talk about the race and I walked away from him as he was talking because I was in desparate need of finding fluids in the food tent. I'll have to apologize to him on MOnday!

Bottom line: I don't think I excited any nerve pain, just "you idiot, you didn't train for this" muscle pain. I got home, showered and then slept from 4-7PM. I've never done that after any race. Beside not being trained, race-walking is just too hard. I commend all you walkers :worship: :worship: :worship: I told Kristi I'd buy my plane tickets for WDW when I got home, but I'm still hesitant. I just don't know if I can walk Goofy. But then again, the pace requirements are much more relaxed and it is a flat course (sorry, guys, the Contemporary hill IS flat!!! :rotfl: ). So I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to claim DLF, but I came really, really close!

Lynn-- A tidbit for you. The woman who won the race also won the Wisc. Ironman-- I belive her name was Molly Zarr. Small world!

I'll get back to catch up on everyone once I've return to the living. My bod is having serious issues with my mind's choices at the moment. We need to resolve issues and all...

Also, coming in sooooo far behind the pack I received more congratulations and affirmations than any other race! People were so proud of me :rotfl2: For most of course I was either completely alone, or could see one or two people way, way up in the distance. It was quite a new experience.

ETA: I can't leave this post without making note that I finished 2:03:51 last year :sad2:

Sunny

5 miles today...I think :confused3 I've been running this route for over a year and I know pretty much where all the mile marks are. I got to my first mile spot this morning and took a peak at the Garmin to see what my split would be...but it said 0.86 miles. Huh :confused: From that point on it seemed ok. As long as I added 0.14 miles at each mile point, they seemed right, but I can't say for sure how I did. Ended at 4.86 miles at 1:08:08 for a 13:37 pace.

I also have a new affliction...exercise-induced transient abdominal pain (aka stitch in my side...where's Dena BTW?). Past two weeks, it's hit me right around mile 2. It doesn't happen on the TM, so I think I'm going too fast when I run outside. I found some stuff on coolrunning and a new website that I added to the sticky http://www.runnersrescue.com to try and help. Looks like it will improve with more training and with age :thumbsup2

Sunny...great time on Applefest!! :woohoo: I know that's not your normal finishing pace, but this year was with much less training. I think you did great and hope you and your body continue to keep the peace.

Kristi...great pictures...thanks for sharing!

Kathy...wow...another RC surgery?? Yikes! Take care of yourself...we'll be thrilled to have you with us at the Minnie and as part of the scream team for the marathon. Is Erin running this year?

Rhonda...are ya back yet?

Christa...Minnie is the weekend of May 6, 2007. I think we could certainly fit more than 12 people in a grand villa :rolleyes1 Officially, there's one king bed, 4 queens and a queen pull-out sofa.

Dave...just holler if you think of anything you want from WDW. There's a postcard of WL that you usually get in your check-in package that's pretty cool. Would park maps help?

Jackie...band parent is a tough job! DD13 is feeling a lot of pressure this year, also, and she's still in eighth grade. She wants to apply for a specialized research program for high school and I'm worried about her taking on something so intense. Remember when high school was supposed to be fun, too?

Jen...so how's that rump roast? :teeth:

Cam... :grouphug: Always okay to be mushy. This group keeps me going in so many ways. Hope your new responsibilities don't get to be too much...those sound like some long days!

Lily...I think of you as the spirit of the WISH team! You're always so positive!

Scary thought of the week...it's October already!

MelRhoads said:
Sunny - AWESOME!!!! You did it. Big congrats!!! It was hard b/c you didn't train for it b/c you were on the dl. You will train for goofy, so it won't be so hard. You should buy those plane tickets!!!!!!!!!! You are obviously still in incredible shape!!!!! Who can complete a 1/2 marathon w/o training??? It would kill my muscles to walk. I'm so impressed w/ you. I've been checking in all day to see how it went. What a great accomplishiment.

I agree, walking is deadly! I will continue my DWR and continue to perfect my "optimized low-impact jog" and hope to be able to slowly run the full. Dx will be doing the half with me and I plan to take every alloted minute on that one so I'm not worn out for the full.

OK, I'll buy those plane tickets. The bod and me have made up :woohoo:

Sunny

disneyfanz04 said:
OK I am training for the WDW full marathon...can someone fill me in on what this thread is??? THANKS!!!! :thumbsup2

We're a chatty group so there's a new thread every week. That keeps it from getting overwhelming. There's always a link at the end of last week's thread to direct you to the next! Welcome to the team! :welcome:

oh...I forgot to post my name is Michelle and I am from New Jersey. THANKS AGAIN...I am really excited about training for the full!!!

Rump Roast Run 2006 was awesome. It was raining on the way up there (Northern WI) and about 45 degrees. I was freezing waiting for the race to start. There were about 250 racers last year, they said it was down slightly this year, but I think there were at least 200, if not more. The race was awesome and ended up being 3.3 miles. I finished with the fastest time for me at an average of 11.80 minute miles. The 3.3 miles took me 39 minutes. I was very pleased, especially since the course was rolling hills around a lake (no Contemporary fears anymore!). And of course we were in Northern WI, so the trees were in color. Gorgeous run!!! I would definately do this run again.

OH... and I wish I had a camera with me while I was running because I passed a lady dressed as a cow. She even had a bell that was dinging as she ran. It was kind of annoying, so I am glad I passed her. OH... did you read that... I passed people!!!!!

Here I am freezing before the race. I wore the ear warmers up until about mile 2, then the sun started to come out.

RRR06Cold.jpg

Here I am finishing the race. See the beautiful landscape.

RRR06Finish.jpg

Here is a picture of the medal I got for finishing.

RRR06medal.jpg

Here is a pic of my girls eating Feet Suckers. A Podiatry place was handing them out. They were HUGE and my girls were a mess. I finally threw the remnants away because neither of them finished the whole thing.

RRR06Suckers.jpg

I called my mom after my race to tell her I finished and she was so proud of me. She is still struggling quite a bit with breathing and was so happy hear that I am getting speedier with my running. I think I make her proud. Oh and I looked back at pics of me from my first 5K in May and second in July.... And it makes me happy to see how much my body is changing. Not only have I lost close to 30 pounds, but I am toning up. Even tho I am still chunky, I have never been so healthy in my whole life. Running has done that for me!

Sunny - Congrats on your 1/2 finish. That is awesome news. You definately finished faster than I could, so I am raising my rump roast medal to you!! And Yah on ordering plane tickets.

Mel - I need to check out the link you posted. I get stitches every so often and I also think it is because I am going faster than normal.

Judy - How was your 5K????? I can't wait for the report!

Jen117 said:
Here is a pic of my girls eating Feet Suckers. A Podiatry place was handing them out. They were HUGE and my girls were a mess. I finally threw the remnants away because neither of them finished the whole thing.

OMG! I need to get my hands on a "feet sucker!" :rotfl:

Seriously. I taught Zack this lovely Halloween diddy tonight:
Trick or Treat,
Smell My Feet,
Give Me Something Good To Eat!

His version:
Trick or Treat,
Smell My Feet,
I Wanna Eat Some Feet! :lmao:

I so need some feet to give him to eat!

Ok, enough of cracking myself up...must be time to go to bed...

Jen, awesome job on your Rump Run! :rotfl2: I love the names of some of these races. And I know what you mean about seeing yourself change. My thighs do look smaller to me in the DL pics, than before. Very cool feeling, huh?

Now where's Judy with her 5k report?

Michelle - :welcome:

Jen117 said:

RRR06Suckers.jpg

Congrats, Jen!

I bet the podiatrist has a deal with the dentist ;) Those look yummy, but I can imagine the mess!!!

Holy Cow! 14 posts already and it's still Saturday!

I missed a lot the last thread and will miss this week's thread cause..... I'm off to the World in 6 hours! :cool1: :banana: :banana:
BWV here I come! :teeth:

Jen - Great job on your race. I love the medal!

Sunny - Congrats on your race. So glad you were able to do it and that you and your body have made up. :teeth: Hope to see you at WDW for the Goofy. You can do it!

I'll catch up with you all when i get back!

happy training!

Terri

Is it 0200 already!?! :confused3 I have to get up at 0530 so why am I still up??
B/C I HAD TO SEE HOW SUNNY DID! :cool1:
Congrats girl! Get those tickets now!!!!

Jen - :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2 Love the bling bling...WTG on your race! You looked AWESOME!

Christa...Minnie is the weekend of May 6, 2007. I think we could certainly fit more than 12 people in a grand villa Officially, there's one king bed, 4 queens and a queen pull-out sofa.
OUT OF CONTROL! A girls weekend??? I could bring Bree!

OK I gotta get to bed! Have several drama/dance thingies I have to do @ church tomorrow.....

Finally back in action after the DL 1/2, I had so much to catch up on - missed last week altogether.

Sunny - Congrats!!
Jen - ditto on the medal, very cool
Michelle - Welcome

I had a blast doing DL, I wish I could have made the meet but after convincing my DS to go and run, I figured I actually needed to spend time with him.

I was pleased with the results, I was way off on training due to 2 weeks of WDW before flying to DL. I was just happy to better my Jan WDW, so worked out ok.

I also figured that maybe I can do the Goofy, I was beginning to think I had bitten off way more than I could handle. But after reading here and other threads, I think I can , I think I can. Now to drop 30 lbs and make it easier.

Now to a couple questions hopefully more experienced people can answer. I ended up with black toenail, really really fun. I am assuming it is my shoes? Time to replace, maybe. Anyone ever have this happen, how long until it recovers? Anything special I should do?

This time I am gonna keep up on the thread!

Good Morning TEAM: :surfweb:

Two pages already and it's just Sunday morning!!! I'm up because I have to go into work/the lab this morning. I thought it would give me a chance to catch up with everyone.

Jodi - I missed your post earlier listing your 5K time. Sub 10 min miles!!!! Whoo hoooo!!! That is awesome. WTG!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 When is your half marathon in Hartford? I'm running the 1/2 marathon at Niagara Falls on Oct. 22nd, and I was wondering if we'll be running on the same day. You are so ready! You will be great! Tear it up girl! No, I haven't broken the news to DW yet. I'm still not sure she's going to be excited about the news. Maybe I'm building it up too much in my mind, but I think she's going to worry about the money involved in the trip. Although, I've already saved up the vast majority of it. We'll see how it goes.

Mel/Chimera - Nice pants!!! I missed those earlier too, and I was wondering what everyone was talking about. I might have to see if they have a similar pair for men. More twins on the team! Thanks for offering to get stuff at Disney for DW. That WL postcard sounds great, I wonder if I could get them to send me one. They could mail it to me at work saying something to my DW like "Looking forward to your visit." So, gremlins got my Garmin yesterday too and missed a whole mile of my run. I'm going to post about it separately. Nice job n the 5 miler though. :thumbsup2

Anne - You're super! Thanks for all your offers to help find stuff at Disney for my DW. Good luck with the 1/2 marathon plan. You'll do super!

Karen - Good luck with starting your 1/2 training next week. Thanks for asking about my calf. In short, it hurts - more now than ever. I'm hoping it heals up fast.

Lily - Your enthusiasm and excitement is so great. Thanks for keeping us all going!

Amy - I think your less impact x-training plan sounds like a good one. It sounds like your body needs it. I think you and I might be in the same place right now. My left calf is hurting more and more. I might cut back a little more this coming week. How did your 7 miles go yesterday?

Jackie - Great to hear from you again! It's been a while. Great job getting your 3 miles in. Sounds like you are back at it!!!

Kathy - Sorry to hear your foot is acting up again. Good luck with the Army 10 miler!!! Have fun with Lynne. Shoot, I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to do WDW this year, but at least we will be able to see you there. I'm also sorry to hear you are going to have another surgery on your shoulder. I hope they get the problem sorted out this time.

Christa - Nice job on your LR. How far did you go? How'd the drama go this weekend? Were you conscious after being up 'till 2am?

Kristi - Thanks for reporting and taking care of Sunny at Applefest. Great job for Chad too! That's awesome. Thanks for the pictures. Mmmmmmm, apple crisp. Halloween stuff? Hmmmmm, I may have to check out your ebay site.

Jen - How's the rump? Sorry, couldn't resist. Congratulations!!! Sounds like you had an awesome race and experience. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you. You must be such a bright spot for her right now. WTG!!! Awesome time, and awesome medal!

Welcome Michelle!!!

Judy - How was the 5K this weekend?

Lynne - I bet NICU would be such a rewarding and challenging rotation. I was able to work with abandoned children in Romania for a time, and it was an experience that will stay with me always.

Terri - Have a great time at Disney!!!

MickeySP - Two weeks at WDW before the DL 1/2?!? Wow, that's sounds awesome!

OK, I had to post this separately because Sunny you are such a model for our team.

:cool1: :cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

WTG! You are absolutely awesome Sunny!!! I am so proud and impressed that you were able to overcome all your injuries and setbacks and finish the Applefest race. You are back and on your way again. I am so glad that you were able to get your airline tickets to Disney too. There's no stoppin' you now.

YAHOOOOOOO SUNNY!!!!pluto: pluto: pluto: pluto: pluto:

It's so great to have some good news from you.
Keep up the SWOGGing pirate: pirate: pirate:. I may be right there with you. BTW: did you ever tell Dx that you signed him up for the half? He will have a surprise when his packet arrives in a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter