Wk Of Oct 21 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
CreativeBeth Beth PA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny SC
DianeL Diane
DiRTyBuNNy TN
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyluv
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
ironz TX
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jims2cool Jim IL
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
KathyRN137 Kathy NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
klh-or Karla OR
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lourodrigis Lou NJ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
Moonie NC
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
MyZoeJane Ali IL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
plutopdx OR
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
princessrunner Lisa ME
Pungodingy Angie NH
rake5 Rachael WA
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
Sandy321 Sandy IL
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
sassparillo
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SeeDisney
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
Villains Rock Eva OH
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC
Zoesmama03 Melissa AZ

Okay, okay, I give up. I would be willing to have a 40 degree start for the full if there's no more of this horrible humidity. But still I did pretty well today. This was officially the longest I've ever run...14 miles. Time was 3:07:03 for a 13:21 pace. I went out slow due to the humidity and was able to maintain the R4/W2 for the first 10 miles. I beat last week's 12 miles by 6 min and my half-mary split was 2:52...not a PR but faster than 4 out of 5 of the halves I've done!

Count me as old...I remember the original Jaime Sommers (Lindsay Wagner who now sells sleep number beds). DD14 watches the new show now. A bit more hardcore than old Jaime...and new Jaime doesn't make that weird sound when she uses her bionics.

Angie...sorry about the Bulls loss. The BCS standings should get interesting this week.

Ummm...Bill...bail fund? Where were you running?

Dana...good luck on your 18!

Christa...you are crazy fast! Can't wait to see you run Boston someday!

SWDave..sorry fall has been so rough for you! Glad you stopped in over here...good luck to you and all the MCM'ers next week!

Eva...good luck on your solo run tomorrow!

Duane...weather was icky sticky here today, too. What movie did you see?

Jackie...hope your foot is doing okay.

The highlight of my run today is that I now run far enough to pass a bathroom on my LR. I've pretty much trained myself to not go during a half, but not sure if that's realistic for a full. And looks like I'll need to fill my water bottles anyway...I wore the 2 bottle belt and still ran out of water before the end of the run.

Dumb question of the week for y'all that have done a full...are you sore after the really LR during training? I can get through 10 miles okay, but mileage above that means sore legs and especially the bottoms of my feet for the rest of the day. Also seems to bug my bad ankle. I'm doing a cold water bath (I don't think I'll ever be able to put ice in it :eek: ) but still feeling the run. My new motto today, "The longer you sit, the stiffer you get"!

Good training everyone!

Hey everybody--only time for a quick drive by today. Did my 9 mile LR this morning at a 10:16 pace. It was beautful out this morning here in NJ! This was a step back week for me, so I am interested to see how this upcoming week goes with the increased mileage.

Sorry, no time to catch up right now. gotta get ready to go see Mary Poppins on Broadway today!!!

I will try to catch up later on! Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Jackie - Thanks for that article on Ibuprofin and Yay on the running!! It was probably a smart thing to keep it short. I have a real hard time with that.

Christa - I am glad you were fine the next day. I can barely walk today after my 18, and I got my ice bath in and everything!!

Renee - Awesome job for DH and DD on that 5k!!

Mel - I don't remember as much stiffness last year after the LR's, except when I missed the ice bath. But after my 18 yesterday I am waddling instead of walking!! Don't you love those bathrooms on the trail? The bathroom and water fountain on our trail is right before the 6 mile mark. Ican't tell you hoe many times that has been a life saver!!

Well, I got it done. 18 miles yesterday, and I really did okay!! I sitll can't find my MP3 player, so I did it with no distractions, and nothing to take my mind off of the run, but I did it!! Today though I hurt like heck!! I think going from a 15LR, to a 10 (which was supposed to be 16), to a 11, and then to an 18 was a bit of a shock for my legs!! Good news is that next Saturday is TOT which is only 8, and I should be nice and rested before my 10 the week after!! As for today, we are celebrating DS2's 3rd birthday. His birthday isn't really until tomorrow but it was easier to do today, and he has asked me to make him some dinosaur cupcakes!! So I am gonna hobble my crippled behind in there to make cupcakes!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

P.S. MY stats for yesterdays 18 miles: 12 miles in 1:52:08 (avg 9:20 mpm)
last 6miles in 52:38 (avg 8:46 mpm)

Dana

Renee - At least I was born in the 70's...my BF is a product of the 80's he doesn't even remember the same Saturday morning cartoons as me. That's enough to make me feel old on a daily basis...lol.

Well...my friend pulled through and she is meeting me at the trail head for the 8 miles. She's just scared she won't be able to run through without walking. I'm not training for anything in particular right now so I figured I'd rather have the company. Now if only I could wake up..... :coffee:

Happy Saturday!!

Oh and BTW...didn't make it inside of the Haunted Prison last night. We got out there and it took us 45 mins to get off the exit ramp. Then the cop directing traffic told us that there would be a 4 hour wait. The way traffic was flowing it would have taken us another hour to get in there and park!! 6 hour wait for a haunted house!!!! I've been there before and it truly is the most scary place I've ever been...but we decided we'd go on a Thursday and hopefully not have to wait. It was Sweetest Day too so most people were out for that as well. Anyhow..I'm gonna try to get up and go. Have a good one!!

Good morning everyone.

What a beautiful morning. When I left the house it was 56 degrees and very low humidity.

12 miles scheduled, 12 miles completed. I used the R4, W2 method. Completed the trek in 2:35:22, for a 12:56 pace.

Felt pretty good through 10 miles. Around the 10.5 mark the foot started to hurt, along with the outside of the right knee. Nothing to make me stop, but enough to feel a little uncomfortable.

Mel - WTG with the 14 miler. Shall we hobble along together during the marathon? ;) :)

Laurie - WTG with the 9 miler!

Dana - WTG with the 18 miler! Great pace.

Christa - Your a running machine!

Eva - Good luck with the 8 miler. Isn't today Sunday? :rolleyes1

FLBill - Do we need to check wants and warrants on you through NCIC? :lmao:

Hope everyone has a great day.

:)

I actually finished all my weekend chores (except for mowing the yard but that will happen this afternoon if it doesn’t rain) for the second week in a row. :cool1: I better be careful since my list might grow if I don’t watch it.:rotfl2:

As for the bail fund explanation. I got up early (4:00 AM) yesterday to go for my run around my neighborhood, it was already way too humid at the time though. There aren’t many people out that early for some reason though. About 2.5 miles into it, I notice a police car go by me. He went past a little bit and did a U-Turn and parked on the sidewalk instead of the grass where they usually try to catch speeders. I am definitely annoyed that he is blocking the sidewalk and not turning his headlights off so I can see where I am going. As I get closer, I hear his door open. At this point my thoughts go from annoyance to uh-oh. Here is the conversation that followed.

Officer: Are you out for a walk this morning?
Me: (Stop the garmin and try to see his face through the headlights)Yes, a walk and run.
Officer: What street do you live on?
Me: Tell him the street name. (thinking that I don’t have any ID on me so I could definitely be in trouble right about now)
Officer: So you don’t live on this other street? (about a mile from where we are)
Me: (Thinking I just told you the street, weren’t you paying attention) No, that street is about .5 miles from me though.
Officer: We are looking for someone on that street.
Me: I didn’t see anyone when I ran by earlier.
Officer: It’s kind of early this morning don’t you think? (about 4:45 by this point)
Me: Yes, it is definitely early but I have 16 miles planned and want to finish before it gets too hot.
Officer: (Look of shock) 16 miles?
Me: Yes, I am training for a marathon in January and since I have a race next weekend I needed to move the mileage up this week.
Officer: Ok, have a nice morning (with the look like he just zoned out about what I was saying).
Me: Thanks. (turn to leave as quickly as I can)

As I walked to the back of his car, I hear another car come speeding down the road and pull in where I was just standing. I turn around and see another police car (who was apparently called when I was still walking up but it took a while for him to get a mile down the road). I hear the officer tell the new guy that I am just out for a walk and not the person they are looking for.

This concerns me a little and I didn’t ask if I should go home or not so I continue with the run. Altering it slightly so I can stay away from the area they are looking in. I didn’t see anyone else except a bike rider who concerned me a little but no one else. There were a few more police cars that were passing me but I figured that since I was running towards the station that should be expected.

I’m not sure what was going on but there is a school on that street and I am guessing that someone was around it that shouldn’t have been. Otherwise it would have been a little early for anything else.

As for the run, the mile right after the encounter was a lot faster than the others. I wound up with 13 miles due to potential cramping in my legs and had an 11:55 pace overall. After looking back at my mileage, this should have been expected but I didn’t consider that when planning things. I did think afterwards that I hope the bail fund is sufficiently stocked since of a moment it seemed like I might need it.

Mel – Great job on the 14 miles. My legs can get stiff if I don’t do anything afterwards. It usually goes away after a day though.

Laurie – Hope you have a good time at Mary Poppins this afternoon. Lynnda is definitely jealous.

Dana – Congrats on the 18 miles. That is a great pace, especially for the last little bit.

Eva – Sorry you didn’t make it to the Haunted Prison. Hope this week is better. Glad your friend decided to run with you afterall.

Vic – You might want to but since he didn’t ask my name at any point, I don’t think he knows who I am. :rolleyes1

PatsBill – Since I am still free (providing no outstanding warrents that came up), the fund should be stocked for you if Dave tricks you into anything next weekend.

Bill (keeping his head low this week)

Hi all!
I am new here and am running my first marathon in a week! (Marine Corps Marathon). (I posted on that thread and Mike suggested that I check out this thread). I have to run into the office but wanted to stop in and say hi.

Cindy

Hi all!
I am new here and am running my first marathon in a week! (Marine Corps Marathon). (I posted on that thread and Mike suggested that I check out this thread). I have to run into the office but wanted to stop in and say hi.

Cindy

:welcome:

Hey everyone! I finally feel like I have actual training to report... Woo-Hoo!!! :cool1: Here is the latest on my PF saga. The podiatrist has basically said he has done all he can do until I am able to get the shots or oral meds (still nursing), but he is pleased with my progress with the physical therapy. I feel so much better, but am far from being pain-free. However, last night I walked for an hour with minimal pain. :banana: I was so excited! Of course, about three hours after I finished, it was a whole 'nother story on the pain. But, TOT next week is definitely doable. Yea!!!

I am going to attemp to keep up with the thread this week... ;)

Mel - Awesome job on the LR!!! :thumbsup2 When I did the full, I was very sore after every long run over 12 miles. I did the ice baths and advil, and that helped a bit. You are in much better shape than I was in, though. Keep up the great work!!!

Laurie - Great pace on your run! Have fun at Mary Poppins - my absolute favorite!!! :goodvibes

Dana - Wow! Great job on your 18 miles! Your pace on the last 6 is amazing!

Eva - Have fun on your run! 6 hours for a haunted house is crazy!

Vic - I'm jealous of your weather!!! Can you send it down a bit further? Great job on the 12 miles!

DH - I'm sure I could find more weekend chores if you get bored... :rolleyes1 Just kidding honey!!! ;) And for everyone else reading - DH makes up these chore lists himself - I am FAR from the slave driver he makes me out to be! :angel:

Cindy - :welcome: Hope you have a great time at the MCM! Good luck!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! I am going to walk 30 minutes today if it ever stops raining, then tomorrow is my last PT appointment. Yea!!!

--Lynnda

Just got done with my 8 and I LOVE the trail we ran on! It's about a half hour drive from me, but well worth it. I'm gonna get out there as much as I can before winter hits!!

Lily - Aren't you from Cleveland? Do you ever run at the metro parks?

Eva - Good luck with the 8 miler. Isn't today Sunday? :rolleyes1

Yes..it is Sunday. It's my Saturday though...lol!! It's an airline employee curse...we never know what day it is...we might know the date, but the "day" revolves around our days off. I've chuckled watching that Airline show when they say "I'm so glad it's my Friday!!".
Silly me!!

I did my 9 mile walk this weekend in bee-you-tee-full South Caroline. We were at a friends lake house on Lake Moultrie just north of Moncks Corner. It was breezy and cool. I packed my running shorts that my poor big ol' thighs don't quite fit into just yet. I apologize to the residents of this community as I looked like I was wearing the runners briefs like the elites wear.:eek: :eek: Only--they weren't briefs, they kept rolling up on me...and they got to see me jiggle like jello.:lmao: Ummm...okay!!! It was breezy--I kept my long sleeves down the whole time. Pants would have been MUCH nicer!

Still working on the pacing--I always walk fast at the beginning and then lose my gusto. I think this time b/c I was HUNGRY! I had some organic Cliff Shots (chew, chew, chew, chew....chew, chew...will this dang thing EVER finish being chewed??)--nice for an energy spurt but it does absolutely NOTHING for the grumbling tummy.

My pace was (I think) about 15:28 or something like that. It was 4 seconds faster than last week for my 6 miler.

Oh..and I got lost not once...but TWICE!!!:lmao: The map on my garmin looks like spaghetti noodles.

I did 2 miles the day before...slowly building up my day before walk. Slowly! That one was an easy one..had started with my sister who hasn't started training yet since she had bronchitis. So though I finished out a bit above 16..it wasn't shabby since I was at about 17-18 for most of the walk with her.

Hello all! Just back from a nice weekend with DH--no training to report, however. We had planned on getting up this am and having a nice morning run. But, I always have problems sleeping away from home, so I was exhausted--and DH decided to sleep in. So, as it stands now, my longest training run for Disney thus far has been 6.5miles. And now, I got some strange nagging pain in my right ankle that's slowly creeping into my lower calf! Ugh! I'm so glad to be seeing my WISH buddies in a few days--I"m gonna need that boost to get me through to January. I've been training for a "major" event since last Sept. and I'm getting a little burned out. You guys are such a great source of inspiration and can't wait for ToT!

Now, if I can just get repacked to leave on thursday I'd have that monkey off my back as well!

Christa--you are so SPEEDY! Congrats on the 20 miles!

Dana--Dang, I was hoping to try to keep up with you in Jan. After that 18 miler, don't think these ole bones can do it! Great job!

DaveSW--Good luck at MCM on Sunday!

Okay, kids have been back home iwth us for, oh about 1/2hr. And already the fighting has begun--if only DD knew she was going to WDW in a few days......

Eva said:
Yes..it is Sunday. It's my Saturday though...lol!! It's an airline employee curse...we never know what day it is...we might know the date, but the "day" revolves around our days off. I've chuckled watching that Airline show when they say "I'm so glad it's my Friday!!".
Silly me!!

Aaahhh. My dispatchers work the same deal. Tomorrow may be my Monday, but it will be someone's Friday. :)

WTG with the 8 miler.

Quick post here but I had to stop by as I completed my longest run yet yesterday. I got in a 16 mile LR. I did 12 of it outside and finished the last 4 on the treadmill. All in all it took me approx. 3 hours. I felt great up until about mile 13 and then my legs started to hurt all over and it got much harder to keep pace and keep running. I did a walk run combo at that point but the walking hurt too. Last week when I did 14 miles I was hurting for about the last 2 miles as well. Does this happen to any of you? Will it go away or am I going to want to die for the last 12 miles of the marathon? I just keep hoping that as I continue to trian my body will be able to go further and further without all that pain. I'm thinking I should take something like Ibuprofrin during my runs from now on...any suggestions?
Kristin

Hi everyone!

I am loving all the training stories. Police interogations & deer attacks! Its no wonder most people we meet think we are crazy!

Quick Question for all you Disney Marathon Weekend Experts:

One of the girls on my team is running the full marathon on Sunday. Her kids are staying with the grandparents for the weekend at a different hotel in WDW. However, Friday the 11th is her son's 6th birthday. He loves everything pirates. She doesn't want to go to the parks (grandparents are doing that on Sat) What would you suggest for a birthday lunch? (they are attending the TNT pasta party that night so it has to be lunch)

Rosie - last year my legs would ache at the end of all my long runs. This year they do not, but I took a lot longer to build up to my higher miles and I have trained consistantly for over a year. The experts say not to take ibuprofin during runs because it thins your blood but to take tylenol instead. My experience is that tylenol does not do anything to help the aches. When is your first cut back week? That should help with the aches.

I am in desperate need of some help or advice here if anyone can give it!! I screwed up.... BIG TIME!! I waited until the last minute to register for the 5k, and when I went to register this evening I find that it is CLOSED!! I have promised DS this race since last year's marathon, and he has worked SOOOO hard to get where he can run a 5k. I am devestated that I screwed this up for him, and I don't know how I can fix it!! I checked a week or so ago and saw that it was 85% and figured I at least had a little while longer, or that I would see something here if it started filling faster, and now I don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice or suggestions, or anything that might be able to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Dana

OMG Bill! I was cracking up about the police inquisition! I would of been freaked out! Thanks for the laugh. :)

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE!!

First let me say that I will begin praying HARD tonight for all of you coming down for TOT!! I went out for a run this evening and (at least where I was) the humidity was literally unbearable. My clothes were soaked at mile 1 and I mean soaked. I am SERIOUSLY not trying to be a downer but I firmly believe in the idea that if you prepare yourself mentally for something that it makes all the difference. So please BE PREPARED!! ( Just in case :confused3 )

Mel I was thinking about you and the humidity when I was running, glad to hear that you did well, I wished desperately that the sky would just open up and dump the whole time I was running, it was HORRIBLE. BCS standings are out and we are #10 !!! :dance3: It is no where close to where we want to be but at least we are still top 10. Sugar Bowl would be good. that reminds me...

Laurie If I was you I would have been ecstatic too and congratulations to your team. When everyone asked me what happened I told them "Rutgers showed up to play". All I know is USF better get their stuff together before they go visit UCON next weekend.

Ok enough about football.
Dana Awesome job on the LR! :yay:
Vic How can we even possibly live in the same state :confused3 Good job on the run!!
Bill I can't believe you were out so early in the morning. :eek: But I am so glad you scared the cops off with your -- 16 mile run story :lmao:
Cindy :welcome: YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE!! Good job at MCM!
Lynnda I am so glad for your good news :dance3: and progress with physical therapy. TOT will be so much fun knowing it's "doable"
Eva Glad you had a good run. :woohoo:
Lisa loves Pooh Good job on the improvement in time and I am SOO glad you found your way back :)
Stephanie I saw your pictures, they were adorable. That is awesome to see all those women out there. Please take care of yourself. :hug: You have been training hard for quite some time!!
Krisitin Awesome job on the run and I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you I have not done a full yet. :confused:
Cruella de Mom Your question about the birthday has DH and I boggled. As AP holders ( in past, not this year :sad2: ) and I being OBSESSED with Disney (as my dear family says) we can not think of a place, that is not in the parks, pirate theme for lunch. But I tell you what, it has me curious and I WILL think of something. Two places that our kids LOVE ( not pirate themed) Ohanas (polynesian hotel) and Whispering Canyon (wilderness lodge) I don't know if they even do lunch. I will keep thinking :rolleyes1

DANA OHH my goodness I am SOOO sorry I would be freaking out. The only thing left is charities!! We run for AT and the fundraising minimum is $500 per person. I really don't know what else you can do. I AM SO SORRY!! I really hope that you figure something out!!

I was actully going to post tonight about how proud I am of DS because he is doing 5K with his dad and he is so excited about raising money for the kids of AT and it just made me feel so good to see him reaching out to help other kids at such a young age (11). He is meeting with his principle tomorrow to see if he can do fundraiser/donations throught out the school:)

As for me 3 weeks and 2 days till surgery! I am teriffied but excited to get my life back. The pain is actually still very manageable. Did 3 tonight and actually did body pump (took it easy on squats and dead lifts to save the back) and core at the gym yesterday, felt awesome to get back in there.

Have a good night everyone!!
angie

Hello from muggy, rainy Florida!

Yesterday was the day from you-know-where travel-wise.
Chad lost his license somewhere between security at MHT and the Alamo counter at MCO.:rolleyes: After an extra hour+ at MCO trying to find the license, we gave up. We rented the car without our free extra driver (you know, the one without the license...argh.).:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Which also means I get to do all the driving. Ugh. And this means a bit more of a hassle picking up Chad's ToT packet. And, who knows what fiasco will happen when we try to fly home next week (southwest says he'll just go thru extra security - I think it will be more complicated than that). Oh, and he left the directions to my grandparents' house at home as well. So, we decided to use the GPS. WRONG! Sent us on crazy roads with red lights instead of the FL Turnpike. We did finally get here about 3 hours later than we should have.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chad did over 6 miles here today - woo hoo!:banana:
I on the other hand went shopping.
Oh, and my grandparents insisted on driving me up to see their final resting place that they just purchased. Names are already on the plaque and everything. Kind of morbid, huh? I guess someone has to be the family's tour giude when the time comes though. :rotfl: Their families tend to live nice long lives, so I think we still have another 20 years (fingers crossed).
Then I slept away the afternoon and woke up with a sore throat and feeling crappy again.:sad2:
I am going to attempt a 3 miler in the morning here at The Villages before we head to WDW in the afternoon. I should probably try to adjust to the heat here before ToT.
Oh, and I did get to the Dollar store to buy lots of glow necklaces & bracelets for ToT! :yay:

Ok, I should probably go watch the Red Sox win, huh? ;)
Or maybe go to bed so I am not sick all week at WDW.
I'll see many of you this week. :yay:
MCM WISHers - I'll be thinking of you all as well - GO TEAM WISH!

For those of you coming to WDW early this week, watch for the redhead chasing a crazy redheaded 4-year-old boy around....then run the other way! :lmao:

P.S. I didn't know who Jamie whoever was either. I must be young huh? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter