Wk of Sep 21 - WISH Walking/Running Club

They haven't announced it yet, but they did mention that the Goos have done it in the past.
The Goos probably played the first Phoenix RnR race.
Mike, the drummer, is an ultra runner and ran that first race, while stopping at each mile marker to play a song with that band.

I'd love to see Collective Soul again too - they are awesome live.

I thought you worked with the live news and wouldn't have to do that much during sweeps programming. Besides all the TV stations do is put the DVD in the player and hit play, then they interrupt your favorite shows with weather or election stuff. ;)

Bill
Hey - I am very important! :rotfl:
And yes, sweeps is important since the news ratings set up how much you can charge for local spots. Personally, I do my best every day, not just during sweeps. Wish the company would understand that, rather than stressing everyone out in Feb, May & Nov. :rolleyes:

I am so telling Chad that you said all he does is play the DVD! :rotfl2:
He works in Master Control and his job is so much harder than mine!
(also, there are no DVDs, everything is on hard drives now)

Hey everybody!! I haven't done much working out the last few days, as my fiance and I were at the Nascar race in Delaware all weekend and then yesterday, I had open house at school, so didn't have time to get a workout in. But I will be back at it tonight at the gym!

windwalker--I am so jealous of all of you that get to go to WDW for TOT!!! Luckily I am now going in January, so I only have to wait a few more months, as I need a trip there so badly!!!!

SamSam--A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Carol--Hope all works out with your Disney Cruise and the weather cooperates for you!!!

Maura--AWESOME job on your 5k..that is impressive for not running all summer!!

Tricia--Hope you have an awesome time at TOT!! Wish I was going!

ms.mightyduck--44 lbs of apples!!!! That is a lot of apples!!

Terri--Great job in the PDR!!

Jeff--Great job on your run! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Sorry to anyone I missed, but it is time to go to a meeting...ugh! I will check back in later after my workout!!

Kristi and Bill - What do you this this is... your own personal chit chat board???

Seriously... Kristi - Let's start a fundraising program so we can go too. It's no fun being a cool kid that can't go. Do you wanna, huh?????

I am also one week off of the Las Vegas Marathon. I will be there the week after for a convention. How does my luck always happen like this?????

5.5 miles @ an 8:50 mpm pace on a nice sunny fall afterenoon. I'm already to the point of treating each nice day like it may be the last.

Hey - I am very important! :rotfl:
And yes, sweeps is important since the news ratings set up how much you can charge for local spots. Personally, I do my best every day, not just during sweeps. Wish the company would understand that, rather than stressing everyone out in Feb, May & Nov. :rolleyes:

I am so telling Chad that you said all he does is play the DVD! :rotfl2:
He works in Master Control and his job is so much harder than mine!
(also, there are no DVDs, everything is on hard drives now)

Of course you are important, actually it is the important people that can leave at any time isn't it. Or does it just seem that way. :rolleyes1

So does Chad turn up the volume during the commercials. :lmao: Although I better watch out because he can chase me down and beat me up.

Kristi and Bill - What do you this this is... your own personal chit chat board???

Seriously... Kristi - Let's start a fundraising program so we can go too. It's no fun being a cool kid that can't go. Do you wanna, huh?????

What this isn't a chit chat board. It's not like I get to see everyone during the day to talk to them. ;)

Since we already have a bail fund, a travel fund shouldn't be that big of a step. Although it would probably get depleated a little quicker.

Wellesleyprincess - Great job on the run. That is a great pace.

Bill

Duckie -- How fun that you came to DE to pick apples. That is a great website! We have been to Linvilla and also to Milburn, which is in Milburn, NJ. I know we've been to another place near Marlton, but I can't remember what it was.

Bill -- yes, you remember correctly that I almost didn't make it to the Minnie because of a trial and it got continued, and now the very same trial may prevent me from seeing Texas for the first time. :sad1:

Jen -- That stinks about LV, but at least you get to go to LV!

Kristi -- If I hit the lottery, you're in! :hug:

Laurie -- I hope you had fun at Dover!

WP - awesome pace!

mla -- yay for the nano! Hey, if you need music ideas, I am glad to oblige. I have the coolest music on my running mix. :)

As for me, Tuesdays are my 1/2 hour session with a personal trainer at 5:30 a.m. :eek: I got there a bit early and did the ab crunch machine. Then my workout with Jeff, then more tricep and core work so that I had 45 minutes of strength training. And then 45 minutes on the recumbent bike with a fun book and awesome music (the ATT Olympic soundtrack! :yay: ). Now I'm exhausted and we still have dance lessons tonight. And I am meeting my running partner in the morning for 2 miles. If I am feeling really ambitious I will try to get there early and do at least one extra mile. :cool1:

Cam - I would love a music list. I have tons of music on my hard drive and on my current ipod, but I really need a list for running for the new one.

The nike plus and the arm band shipped today! This is almost as exciting as planning my next vacation... Almost...

Guess I'm not cool enough to go either <sniff>

Hi Everyone.

Things are moving this week.

I hope everyone that wants to gets to go to San Antonio. Great city, but I am not putting anything else on the schedule this year.

Just got back from a quick two mile run. (OK quick for me LOL!) Have to pack for the cruise tomorrow. I was suppose to work all day tomorrow, but have to go to a funeral home tomorrow afternoon. One of my friend's DH lost his battle with colon cancer Sunday :(

I did see that Disney has a 5K run on Castaway Cay. If they had bling I would be there, but no gurantees since I don' think there is any bling! Bling would be cool... the Castaway Cay medal!

Have a good rest of the week!

I did see that Disney has a 5K run on Castaway Cay. If they had bling I would be there, but no gurantees since I don' think there is any bling! Bling would be cool... the Castaway Cay medal!

What?!?!?!? Okay spill it! We need details.

What?!?!?!? Okay spill it! We need details.

Someone on the CruiseCritic board posted the "Navigator" for thier day at Castway Cay. 8:00 or 8:30 5K run.

I will see if I can find anything else out while I am there. My Galloway Group is doing 4 Saturday, maybe I can do this as my training?

Just back from the gym...I did 3 miles in 36 min. This week I am doing r2/w1.5 intervals. I felt good despite not feeling good all day.

Cam-Dover was awesome! We go every year in September and camp at Delaware State Univ right across from the track. Thankfully, we had a great weather weekend!!

Cam - I would love a music list. I have tons of music on my hard drive and on my current ipod, but I really need a list for running for the new one.

The nike plus and the arm band shipped today! This is almost as exciting as planning my next vacation... Almost...

I know there is a whole separate thread on this somewhere, but here are some of my favorites:
4 Minutes -- Justin Timberlake/Madonna
I Was Here -- Lady Antebellum
Real -- GooGoo Dolls
Dreamer -- Chris Brown
The Champion in Me -- 3 Doors Down
Into the Night -Santana
This is How a Heart Breaks -- Rob Thomas
All Around Me -- Flyleaf
Tattoo -- Jordin Sparks
Bach/Break -- from August Rush
How Far We've Come -- Matchbox Twenty
Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne
First Time -- Lifehouse
Baba O'Riley -- The Who
Johnny Cash -- Jason Aldean
If You're Going Through Hell -- Rodney Atkins
Mountains -- Lone Star
You Can't Stop the Beat -- Hairspray
Live Like You Were Dying -- Tim McGraw
Jacky Don Tucker -- Toby Keith
I Run for Life -- Melissa Ethridge
Til the Dawn -- Drew Sidora (from Step Up)
Stay With You -- GooGoo Dolls
Bring Me to Life -- Evanescence
Maniac -- Michael Sambello (from Flashdance)
Runaway -- Bon Jovi
I Miss You -- Blink-182
This is My Time -- Raven
Right Now - Van Halen
Crazy in Love - Beyonce
In Love With a Girl -- Gavin DeGraw
Defying Gravity -- Idina Menzel
Omigod You Guys -- From Legally Blonde (Broadway)
Livin in Fast Forward -- Kenny Chesney
Kids of the Future -- Jonas Brothers (from Meet the Robinsons)

I hope that gives everyone some ideas for new tunes. :grouphug:

Thanks Cam! I probably have a lot of those. DBF has shared lots of music with his friends, so I don't even know what we have.

My run was pretty smooth today.

10 1/2 miles, 8:17 average pace. 7:51 on the low end, 8:32 on the high end. Whew, Guru Les is over his cold, and back to punishing me. :headache:

I did 4 miles running yesterday and 3 walking. 4 miles at 10 minute pace which is quick for me and 14 minute walking miles.

Coming down with something. Guess it was time my whole family has been ill lately. :sick:

Party on Wayne.

Guess I'm not cool enough to go either <sniff>
Hmmmm, let's rethink this, maybe it's the cool kids that aren't going. Cuz, I won't be there either!;)

Cam--4 minutes is a fave on my iPod. Love me some Justin Timberlake!

Okay, so for the training.. speedwork yesterday. Blech, gotta hate workouts that end with the "I wanna hurl" feeling. Today and easy 3 miler. And any of ya'll with nice cool, dry air, could you blow it my way. I am so over the humid hot weather!

It was so gorgeous when I went out at 6:30 am for a 2 mile run. The cool weather certainly has a good effect on my pace. :cool1: However, my quads were screaming after all the strength training yesterday and dance lessons last night. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter