• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wolfgang Puck Cafe

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
I am considering going to this restaraunt for our upcoming trip using the dining plan. Does anyone know of any restrictions? Care to share your experiences? Thanks!

I asked the same question a couple weeks ago. Reports were conflicting, but the most recent reports say that you're restricted to soup OR salad for appetizers, but you can order any entree or dessert. Someone correct me if you've recently come back from eating there.

What about sushi? I read on another thread that it wasn't included on the dining plan. Anybody know for sure?

I ate a Wolfgangs last week. I was not restricted on my appetizer. I asked our server to make sure and he said we could have any appetizer, entree, or dessert. We couldn't order sushi for an appetizer but we could have it as an entree.

WPC was our best meal on our vacation. If you can, ask for Nick, he is an excellent waiter.

What about surcharges? I read somewhere any entree that was $27.99 or over, the restaurant, including WGP Cafe, made you pay the difference. Any info on this? Thanks.

We recently ate there and it was the best meal of our trip. Better than California Grill! The service was wonderful and the food delicious. We used the DP and had no restrictions or surcharges. I had crab cakes as an appy, the filet for my entree, and key lime pie for dessert. It was great. But if you want sushi, it has to be your entree. I almost forgot about that since we didn't order sushi.

baileybelle said:
What about surcharges? I read somewhere any entree that was $27.99 or over, the restaurant, including WGP Cafe, made you pay the difference. Any info on this? Thanks.

I think they have dropped the surcharge. The only restriction is no sushi for an appetizer.

This place sounded good, i was thinking of re-arranging some stuff on my ADR list to try it, thanks for the thread!

tndisneyfan said:
I think they have dropped the surcharge. The only restriction is no sushi for an appetizer.

So you could get an appetizer, then sushi as your entree? I know, not the best dollar use of the plan, but my dd and I love sushi. :love:

laurabelle said:
So you could get an appetizer, then sushi as your entree? I know, not the best dollar use of the plan, but my dd and I love sushi. :love:

Yes. At least that's what our server, Nick :thumbsup2 said.

does anyone know when i can make an ADR for WPC? Today was my 180 day mark for making all my ADR and the woman said that the computer would not let her make one for WGC. I know that I can make adr's for my 8 day trip all at once. Do you think that because it is an DTD rest. I need to wait untill 180 days to the day I want to eat there? Please help I do not want to miss eating here. Thanks.
- Sorry op for adding a question to your thread. We had friends eat there and they LOVED it, they really made us want to eat there.

twinkletoesmom said:
does anyone know when i can make an ADR for WPC? Today was my 180 day mark for making all my ADR and the woman said that the computer would not let her make one for WGC. I know that I can make adr's for my 8 day trip all at once. Do you think that because it is an DTD rest. I need to wait untill 180 days to the day I want to eat there? Please help I do not want to miss eating here. Thanks.
- Sorry op for adding a question to your thread. We had friends eat there and they LOVED it, they really made us want to eat there.

I had the same thing happen to me. I had to wait until 180 days from the day I would actually eat at WPC. I could make all of the others for the entire stay.

The limitations on the dining plan were lifted (where you could only order an entree of a certain $$ amount or below or pay the difference.) Now it is any entree, any appetizer (although with the sushi you can get a standard sushi roll or sashimi as the appetizer, but the Sushi chef special is considered an entree.) You also get any dessert.
I love Wolfgang Pucks and find the food to be outstanding (and they have some of the best sushi on Disney property.)
My husband had the $36 filet, crabcakes, and creme brulee as well as his beverage there...and excellent value on the dining plan!
Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter