• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wolfs dance video...

MrsJD

Boat...I saw a boat...
We leave in 9 days for our CBR Disney vacation. After watching Wolfs Dance Orlando about 10,000 times, I really want to do our own! PS, if you haven't seen this you need to go to youtube ad search "wolfs dance orlando". Its the most awesome vacation video ever in the history of youtube.

My problem is this....THEY STOLE MY SONG!!! :rotfl: Life is a Highway is my DD4's favorite song. It would have been the perfect song for us to do. But I feel as if the Wolfs own it, they truly do!

So I need to choose a song that is fun, fitting and that my daughter knows the words to already. I'm looking to you for inspiration!;)

My ideas so far are:

Hakuna Matata
I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
Send me on my Way (from the movie Matilda?)

DD knows a lot of the Disney songs, so please, give me ideas!!!!!!! I'm open to lots of different genres!

Thanks!:grouphug:

I LOVE the Wolf's videos (did you watch the Branson one yet?)!! And I think it's awesome that you'll be trying your own!

As far as the song, I have wanted to see one to the song "Holiday Road" from the movie Vacation. I think that would be perfect! I'm sure your girls don't know it, but there aren't many lyrics and they could learn it fast. So that's my vote!

Your other choices are cute, too, esp "Send Me On My Way". I love that song! Dad Wolf warned that there are some songs that Youtube won't play because of licensing agreements or whatnot, so maybe make sure your song would work beforehand (although I don't know how you'd do that?)

Good luck, and make sure you post when it's done!!!

Yep I saw the Branson one...and now the Christmas one! They rock and I wish they'd adopt me!

I'm leaning toward Send me on my way. Holiday Road is a great suggestion, thanks!

I say do "Life Is A Highway"! If your family loves that song and you think it'd be perfect for your video, go for it! :goodvibes Someone will always have used the song you think is perfect, with the millions of videos on Youtube.

If you really wanted to choose a different song, just to be different, my suggestion would be "Hakuna Matata". That sounds like it would be cute. But again, this is for your own enjoyment, so go with a song you love!

Heya,

Use "Just a Ride" by Jem. There is a YouTube video of Blizzard Beach set to this song, and it is a perfect amusement park theme song.

Have fun!

I love Holiday Road -- in fact I'm using that one for our upcoming May trip. I actually started using it for last year's April trip, but decided on.......

Carrie Underwood's "Ever Ever After" and "Vacation" by the Go Go's

For our Oct. 09 Trip I'm using "Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun." It was a mother/daughter trip. (still editing this one)

I used "Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night" by the Black Eyed Peas for Christmas, but I think that could also be used for a vacation video.

But I wouldn't let the fact that the Wolfe's used Life is a Highway deter me. It's a great song. If you love that one, you should use it.

Great videos! I really like the "ever ever after" song. esp with all the princess video you had! we have an ADR for Akershus and I am sooooo excited for it! your video got me super pumped up.

We were inspired by their video as well and when we went on a big friend's trip this summer, the 15 of hammed it up to Mylie Cyrus' song "It's All Right Here." The link to the video is in my signature. It was lots of fun!

We did another one after we made Christmas cookies together. And we're already figuring out what song we'll use this summer when we roadtrip it out west to Yellowstone/Black Hills!

Great videos! I really like the "ever ever after" song. esp with all the princess video you had! we have an ADR for Akershus and I am sooooo excited for it! your video got me super pumped up.

Thanks. That's so sweet of you. We did ALL of the princess meals, CRT, Akershus and 1900 Park Fare that trip. DD cannot get enough princesses. In fact she is watching Sleeping Beauty right now. The video should give you some idea of the interaction you can expect at the princess meals.

"I had the time of my life"

or pick a classic disney song

like the splash mt song zippity do dah etc

Well according to the saying under your name: What about the HOKEY POKEY.

Try to get some characters to stick there left hand in, or the right foot out.

Dance around with some of them, while you shake it all about.

Okay, this is pretty retro, but it's a song I've been considering due to the current Disney Theme. What about Celebration???
Keep the ideas coming and I'm loving all your videos! So Fun!

Well according to the saying under your name: What about the HOKEY POKEY.

Try to get some characters to stick there left hand in, or the right foot out.

Dance around with some of them, while you shake it all about.

That is a very cute idea! I might do that on top of what I already had planned!

Everyone is coming up with fun ideas. Right now I am kind of thinking "I Gotta Feeling" by black eyed peas. I also still have to get my DH involved, :scared1: he's pretty easy going so I'm hoping he gets into it!

We were inspired by their video as well and when we went on a big friend's trip this summer, the 15 of hammed it up to Mylie Cyrus' song "It's All Right Here." The link to the video is in my signature. It was lots of fun!

We did another one after we made Christmas cookies together. And we're already figuring out what song we'll use this summer when we roadtrip it out west to Yellowstone/Black Hills!

Your video was so great! Love the song and the families really looked like they were ALL having the time of their lives. I love it!

I am off to Itunes to search for my song!

We leave in 9 days for our CBR Disney vacation. After watching Wolfs Dance Orlando about 10,000 times, I really want to do our own! PS, if you haven't seen this you need to go to youtube ad search "wolfs dance orlando". Its the most awesome vacation video ever in the history of youtube.

My problem is this....THEY STOLE MY SONG!!! :rotfl: Life is a Highway is my DD4's favorite song. It would have been the perfect song for us to do. But I feel as if the Wolfs own it, they truly do!

So I need to choose a song that is fun, fitting and that my daughter knows the words to already. I'm looking to you for inspiration!;)

My ideas so far are:

Hakuna Matata
I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
Send me on my Way (from the movie Matilda?)

DD knows a lot of the Disney songs, so please, give me ideas!!!!!!! I'm open to lots of different genres!

Thanks!:grouphug:
First of all, thanks for the 10,000 views! When we made the "Wolfs Dance Orlando", it was really just for us and our Facebook friends. The DIS gave it a huge response which I never really expected. But the most important thing is that WE liked the video, and it means a lot more to us than it does to anyone watching it on the internet. It's something I expect we'll show the grandkids someday (along with our Branson and Christmas videos).

In other words, it's YOURS and no one else's. So I'd use Life is a Highway if that's the one most likely to excite your daughter.

I've watched a LOT of these videos since we made ours, and I'd much rather watch happy people with elevator music than a bunch of sticks in the mud with better music.

Be sure to watch DisneyJen0504's video. She proved you don't need kids to make a very entertaining show. It's all about attitude and enthusiasm. (She also chose a great song, with a very simple chorus.)

As far as YouTube restrictions, YouTube has a major dispute with Warner Music Group (WMG). WMG is blocking all of their music automatically the moment you upload it, whether they own the music or just distributed it. So first, take your music and try uploading it to YouTube with a video blank, or just a photo. (Leave the setting on "private" presuming you don't want to share it with the world.) If it uploads, you're good to go.

If it gets rejected because of the "dispute with WMG" you have three choices.
1) pick a different song (obviously before you leave on vacation).
2) pick a different video site where WMG isn't being a jerk. (Vimeo, etc.)
3) dispute the infringement claim by claiming "fair use" and your video will work instantly. (It takes less than 5 minutes by filling out a form on YouTube.)

YouTube can't publicize (3), but they're more than happy for you to claim fair use. Videos which have claimed fair use have been left untouched for a couple of years now, because WMG would have to fight every video individually.

YouTube is not the bad guy, WMG is. They've been muting family movies, graduations, etc. There have even been families who have made video tributes of a child who died, and WMG blocked it. Evil if you ask me.

I can't wait to see what you end up doing. If you look under our video on YouTube, you'll see some video responses. You ought to check those out. (DisneyJen0504 posted hers there.) Feel free to send yours to me as a video response when you're done. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter