Won DFP happy but a little suprised at the lack of?

RCMommy

DIS Veteran
We won the DFP coming off of Goofy's Branstormer on the 18th of December. We arrived on the 13th and the time we won was the first time we even saw the dream team. We left on the 20th and we never saw them again.

This is my second visit during the YOMD. If it wasn't for the commercials and me reading these boards you would never know in the park. I didn't see anyone else being awarded, either trip. I thought that a little strange. Poeple were walking up and asking us where to buy the DFP, they had no idea what the promotion even is.

I was hoping to see a little magic being given away. Don't get me wrong. We were so thrilled to be picked out of a crowd to be handed the DFP and will never forget it. I just thought I would see more "dreaming" going on.

This is my second visit during the YOMD. If it wasn't for the commercials and me reading these boards you would never know in the park. I didn't see anyone else being awarded, either trip. I thought that a little strange. Poeple were walking up and asking us where to buy the DFP, they had no idea what the promotion even is.

I was hoping to see a little magic being given away. Don't get me wrong. We were so thrilled to be picked out of a crowd to be handed the DFP and will never forget it. I just thought I would see more "dreaming" going on.
I work at an attraction that offers FP, and I see literally hundreds of DFPs every day (as well as DEs and DPLs). I'm sorry you didn't see more "Dreams" being awarded, but I can assure you that they are.

My only complaint is that the Dream Squad needs to be a bit more specific when explaining to Guests how the DFPs work. I overheard one DSCM claim that the DFP was a FotL pass (!) good for all (!!) attractions all day long (!!!).

People are most definitely clueless about Dream FPs. When DH and I won 'em in "One Man's Dream," the Dream Team members tried to stop other people coming in to give 'em their FPs and they shied away and kept refusing like they thought it was a timeshare pitch or something. When we won 'em at Dinosaur, I saw the DT in their vests at the door of the pre-show room, and then they slipped in and positioned themselves at the exit door. I knew we were going to get something, but literally not one other person did and a few nearly ran the Dream Team over trying to run out of the room and into the line. Must make their job kinda frustrating at times.

I knew we were going to get something, but literally not one other person did and a few nearly ran the Dream Team over trying to run out of the room and into the line. Must make their job kinda frustrating at times.
I heard a story about how the Dream Squad tried to award the Castle stay to a couple who, sadly, didn't speak english and didn't understand they'd won one of the most coveted prizes in the YoaMD. The couple ran away from the confused and frantic DSCMs, all the while yelling, "No buy! No buy!"

We visited 2 times during YOMD and neither time did I personally see the dream team. Our first visit in 9/07, my son won YOAMD lanyard and 2 pins. The were given to everyone in line at mission space.

We visited 2 times during YOMD and neither time did I personally see the dream team. Our first visit in 9/07, my son won YOAMD lanyard and 2 pins. The were given to everyone in line at mission space.
No, they weren't.

They're only given to the first 100 or so Guests entering/exiting an attraction after a specific time (i.e. the first 100 guests to exit M:S at exactly 9:54am).

We have been to WDW 3 times during this 2 year "Year of a Million Dreams" contest. Each time we were in the theme parks 5 days, so in 15 days I saw the Dream Team once.

I would never have known there was a contest going on. I did see plenty of Dream FastPasses, just not around my neck.

It is funny, I've been to the world about 6 times since it started and I think I saw the dream squad twice. I understand if you work at the park you are going to see more of them but as a guest who is walking around the park, there just wasn't the presence I thought there would be. I think the best part of the whole things was that it made people bestow dreams on strangers. It was exciting. My daughter who was 6 during one of our trips was having a slight meltdown because of the heat. A dear sweet woman came up to her and have her her mickey hat. It was just the warmest jester I had seen in a while. That is what I took from the two years of the YOAMD!!!:love:

It's probably a good idea that the Dream Teams stayed low-profile. Otherwise I can just imagine people stalking them all around the park!

I can understand the DT keeping a somewhat low profile so they are not stalked. However with the promotions you see airing on TV you do expect to see more of an "apperance" while you are in the parks.

When we were awarded the DFP the DT member just handed them to us like you would hand out napkins. She made the comment..."here are DFP as part of the YOAMD" We did a little jump and scream b/c we were excited to be picked (mainly my 5 yr old twins) but some people took the DFP without even slowing down. I don't think they knew what they were getting to be honest.

Or maybe some just don't think it is a big deal ?

We won twice this March, first time while exiting the pre-show at Dinosaur in AK, the second as we were about to board Buzz. Both times the DT appeared out of nowhere, dispensed the DFP then vanished. These were the only times we've seen them in three WDW trips totalling 24 park days. I think stealth is part of their MO.

Bill From PA

My aunt and uncle won DFPs on their trip and had no idea what they were!:rotfl: They brought them home with them and said "Oh, look what someone gave us" - I was so excited and explained to them what they were. It's too bad that they did not use them - or think to ask someone what they were for. I'm sure a friendly CM would have explained.

We won the DFP coming off of Goofy's Branstormer on the 18th of December. We arrived on the 13th and the time we won was the first time we even saw the dream team. We left on the 20th and we never saw them again.

I was there for 9 days in Sept 13-20th and I never saw them either, and I would not have known about them if not for these boards. I think I seen 4 people the entire time with DFP. I was not one:mad: But I would like to have at least seen them.

We won last year when we were waiting in line for SOAR'N. The Dream Team loaded everyone in the queue and then announced to everyone in line for the next ride we all had just won. Was really cool... Been back a couple of time and never saw anyone else actually win, but did see a lot of the Fast tags they handed out. So I know they are handing them out.

I agree with the OP, I thought for sure I would see the DT at least once during one of my visits (out of at least 20 days in parks), but we never saw them once.:confused3

I have been 6 times since Dec 30,2007 through Dec 31, 2008. We spent NYE at EPCOT this year again and in all 6 times we stayed a full week and never once did we win anything. We are still here in o-town and we leave tomorrow YOAMD i didn't see but a few people with dfp or did i see any dream tean people handing anything out

We were there from 12/18-12/24 and only once "almost" caught up to the DT. In the Studios. Outside One Man's Dream. People before and after us were successful. Just not us. DD was convinced the DT hates us. :sad2:

Otherwise, saw a few people with DFPs in Epcot once, in AK once, never in MK. I think we saw maybe 10 people with ears - but DD wasn't sure if they were the purchasable ears or not. No lanyards at all. And no Magic Moments either -- maybe the tv commercials were wrong about those? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter