Won DFP happy but a little suprised at the lack of?

That's funny because we were there 2 times in 2007 and once (15 days) in 2008 and we saw them all the time. For 2007 my DD was given a YoMD pin. For that trip we saw the dream squad lots of times-but maybe because we always notice stuff most people don't:confused3 . Like when we spent 15 minutes watching the mini frogs in Epcots China pavillion:lmao: -we got some strange looks for that!

For our 2008 trip my DD won 4 dreams. She got to lead the dessert parade at the luau, start Illuminations at the Rose and Crown, start the Pocahantas and her forest friends show, and she got to open the pool at Pop century. She was delighted for be chosen for each one!

For both of those trips we saw people awarded pins, fastpasses, free merchandise, food, experiences, and lots of other dreams.

We loved winning of course, but it was also fun to see ohters win their dreams:goodvibes .

We were there last June/first week of July and saw many dream fast passes. We never saw the DT or stuff being given to someone though. We didn't win anything but it was nice to see someone did. Go because you want to go not because of the promos.

We've gone in August the last 2 years. In '97 we spent 12 days in the parks and didn't see the Dream Squad at all, although there were people w/ DFP. In '98 we saw the DS a ton of times, and won DFP twice (one at MK on Aladin's Carpets, and once at rope drop at the International Gateway getting into EPCOT). It all depends on luck and timing.

It is funny, I've been to the world about 6 times since it started and I think I saw the dream squad twice. I understand if you work at the park you are going to see more of them but as a guest who is walking around the park, there just wasn't the presence I thought there would be. I think the best part of the whole things was that it made people bestow dreams on strangers. It was exciting. My daughter who was 6 during one of our trips was having a slight meltdown because of the heat. A dear sweet woman came up to her and have her her mickey hat. It was just the warmest jester I had seen in a while. That is what I took from the two years of the YOAMD!!!:love:

The good thing is that you do not need the YOAMD for this. This happens all of the time. :thumbsup2 Does DD still have the hat?

I believe the commercials are misleading. All of us here know that but some poor kid who thinks that they are going to be able to see Cinderella standing in an empty park and then run into her arms. Or ride with a character on Dumbo. The new commercial with the child's Pirate birthday party with pirates attending is misleading. I believe you can have that but need to dish out some big bucks for it.
But alas I do see these commercials and want to go so bad. They sucker me right in as they are supposed to.:goodvibes

FH and I saw them and one women was actually crying because they lost their wallet and couldn't get their son a lanyard pin thing... it was so nice the dt actually was awesome!! We were okay with n ot winning. There are like a million people in each park and 5 parks so... we are bound to miss them! lol

My son told me that they gave the lanyards to everyone in line. Now to a 15 yr old (at the time) everyone certainly would have meant everyone around him - everyone around him that he could see got the lanyards. I probably would have thought that also. It is also possible that there were not many people in line as this was a stormy, rainy time and lines were extremely low and small on most rides.

last time we were at disney my DS said "look mom its the dream team" he was really excited to just see them. apparently the only male dreamer in the group heard him...STOP right here if you thinking magical moment !!!
the man turned to DS age 10 and curtly said

"the dream team was the basketball team in the 1988 olympics...we are the dream squad..get it right"

my whole family stood there in total shock & dismay. we had never been treated badly by any CM at WDW. totally put a bitter taste in my mouth :headache: :headache: :headache:

I heard a story about how the Dream Squad tried to award the Castle stay to a couple who, sadly, didn't speak english and didn't understand they'd won one of the most coveted prizes in the YoaMD. The couple ran away from the confused and frantic DSCMs, all the while yelling, "No buy! No buy!"

Quite amusing. We have people here in Disney who doesn't speak English and doesn't know anything about castle...

We went to DL in 2007 and saw quite a few Dream squads. Our last trip Sept. 08 we spent a week at WDW, and none of us ever saw one Dream squad. It didn't matter, and we had a great time, but I just thought it was a ltitle weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter