Wonder ~ February 6 2011 ~ Mexican Riviera

I can't wait to set sail on Superbowl Sunday! I am really looking forward to this as well as the family! I keep watching the posts as to where we will all meet and greet! I have been reading the boards all about the DCL and about all the fun stuff. We will be staying in Long Beach the night before, anyone else?

Also I have been wondering where everyone is traveling from. I live is So California as well as my inlaws that will be with us on this vacation. Been a Disney passholder for 14 years! Yikes!

We, all 8 of us, are from Columbus, Oh. Cannot wait to escape this awful cold weather!! ;)

We are so excited and the kids have a count down calendar going. We are your neighbors and live in Chino Hills. We are not staying in Long Beach the night before..mainly because my 3 kids will be busy all night trying to get all of their school work done so they won't have to take any on the cruise! Can't wait!!!!

I can't wait to set sail on Superbowl Sunday! I am really looking forward to this as well as the family! I keep watching the posts as to where we will all meet and greet! I have been reading the boards all about the DCL and about all the fun stuff. We will be staying in Long Beach the night before, anyone else?

Also I have been wondering where everyone is traveling from. I live is So California as well as my inlaws that will be with us on this vacation. Been a Disney passholder for 14 years! Yikes!

We are traveling from Michigan (praying for no snow storms) and staying near LAX Saturday night

These boards have been such a huge help to me and my obsessive planning. I actually decided to change my PV excursion today based on comments on the boards.

We are going all-out Disney and going to Disneyland for four days before the cruise. Staying at the Howard Johnson. There is a snowstrom predicted for Tue, the day we leave.:confused3

Have we decided when/where we will do our meet yet? I can't wait to meet some fellow dis-ers!!:disrocks:

It looks like the majority of Dis-meets are at the Promenade Lounge at 3pm on sail away day. Gives us a 1/2 hour or so before we have to get ready for the muster drill. My vote is this.

It looks like the majority of Dis-meets are at the Promenade Lounge at 3pm on sail away day. Gives us a 1/2 hour or so before we have to get ready for the muster drill. My vote is this.

Sounds perfect- I vote for that!

We are coming from Grande Prairie, AB, Canada. We are FAR NORTH and about the same distance to California as those travelling from the east coast would be. Last week it was -40 and snowed 3 feet. Today we have 45 mph winds! Can't wait to get outta here.:hourglass

We are also doing DL for 4 days before the cruise, and 1 day after. We always stay at the Candy Cane Inn.:love:

Hey Everyone :wave:.

Sorry to hijack your cruise thread, but I wanted to ask you all a favor ;).

I'm on the March 20th sailing and I'm an obsessive over planner. Would someone mind picking up an extra set of Navigators for me while on your cruise. I will compensate you for mailing them to me & a little extra for your time. They come to your room, but you can pick up extras at Guest Services.

If you are willing to help me out, please PM me and I'll give you my info. Thank you in advance for your help and sorry if I intruded on your thread :flower3:.

Thanks,
Katie

We are 25 minutes from the port and Disney Passholders also. We almost went down on Sunday to watch the Wonder sail, but just have too much to take care of here before we leave. Time to start trying on shoes and clothes and see if anything I have fits. Otherwise I have to to some major shopping this weekend! It's soooo close now.

We are traveling from Michigan (praying for no snow storms) and staying near LAX Saturday night

These boards have been such a huge help to me and my obsessive planning. I actually decided to change my PV excursion today based on comments on the boards.

So which excursion did you have booked that you changed? I'm not really sure what to book for our excursions. We have a 3 yr old so we want to choose something where he can come with us.

We are 25 minutes from the port and Disney Passholders also. We almost went down on Sunday to watch the Wonder sail, but just have too much to take care of here before we leave. Time to start trying on shoes and clothes and see if anything I have fits. Otherwise I have to to some major shopping this weekend! It's soooo close now.

Too funny pppiglet! We are about the same distance from the port and it crossed my mind a few times that we should go down and check out the ship too. I need to go through my wardrobe too and start coordinating outfits. I usually pack everything for hubby but I told him this time he is in charge of picking what he wants to bring. :lmao:

So which excursion did you have booked that you changed? I'm not really sure what to book for our excursions. We have a 3 yr old so we want to choose something where he can come with us.

We were going to do the Paradise Beach Adventure through DCL but I saw a referance to a resort that a lot of people from the March 13 meet are doing and checked it out.
I have e-mailed the resort a few times with questions and they were very prompt with their responses. It is half the price ($35, $18 k), walking distance from the ship and looks to have a really nice childrens pool. It is called Crown Paradise if you want to check it out. They do not take reservations you just go to the front desk the day you arrive.

My dd's and I were working on our FE gifts last night and I wanted to make sure that everyone has the final count. I can not believe how close we are getting. There are

16 Staterooms
55 People
28 Adults 27 Children (13 M and 14 F)

Hmmm, I had 47 people in total. I must be missing a family or 2. :confused:
Can someone please post a FINAL final list.
Much appreciated!

Hmmm, I had 47 people in total. I must be missing a family or 2. :confused:
Can someone please post a FINAL final list.
Much appreciated!

I have my final list on my computer at work so I can repost it on Monday. Otherwise go back to page 16 and look at the list and then you have to add the two staterooms for familyfun5.

We are coming from just North of Denver. Flying in Friday and spending the day at New Port Beach and then the Wild Animal Park.

Though we are still looking forward to CA weather, today it was near 65 and almost a record.

We are looking at the Pirate excursion in PV and then the beach/pool day on first Cabo day, then DH and two older boys are doing Regatta day two Cabo. Me and my mom are doing a city tour.
:banana::banana:

Only over a week! WOW! Can't wait for this vacation from the cold. It is about 20 degrees right now! With a dusting of chilly snow!:confused:

I'm packing tomorrow! Hope everything fits! We are coming from Columbus Ohio too. We live in Worthington. Well two of us anyway. 2 are from Southern CA, and the rest are from Couer d' Alene Idaho. Two of them are native Canadians.:cheer2:

Our group has added two more so we did a little room shuffling. I'm not expecting anyone to bring extra but the 3 of the kids and Diane have moved to stateroom 8554. I know this is a huge late date issue. So I totally understand if you can't accomodate us.:confused:

Megan and Lucky (6M) SR# 6580

Bonnie and Donna SR# 6600

Susan and Amy SR# 6602

Diane, Kayleigh (8F), Grant (6M), TJ (4M) SR# 8554

Hope this change doesn't mess up anyone. Like I said I totally understand if it is too much at such a late date. I was going off the master list on page 17.

We are totally dressing up for pirate night too!pirate:

We are all staying at the crown plaza Saturday. Really excited about the double Cabo Stop. We are up for the 3:00 meeting before the m drill. Can't wait and thanks for all the posts. They brighten my day!
:cool1:

Too funny pppiglet! We are about the same distance from the port and it crossed my mind a few times that we should go down and check out the ship too. I need to go through my wardrobe too and start coordinating outfits. I usually pack everything for hubby but I told him this time he is in charge of picking what he wants to bring. :lmao:

I'm doing the same thing with my DH and DS. They are on their own packing this time. I'm not being obsessive. I just gave them some pointers like "you have to have a nice shirt and tie for formal night (which I think is our Palo night) and you need to take at least 4 days worth of clothes and they can be washed mid trip.

I did pick up some pesos at the bank today. We don't usually use them on cruises, but seems to be easier to use in Mexico than US and you do save a bit of money.

I'm doing the same thing with my DH and DS. They are on their own packing this time. I'm not being obsessive. I just gave them some pointers like "you have to have a nice shirt and tie for formal night (which I think is our Palo night) and you need to take at least 4 days worth of clothes and they can be washed mid trip.

I did pick up some pesos at the bank today. We don't usually use them on cruises, but seems to be easier to use in Mexico than US and you do save a bit of money.

I didn't know you could just go to a bank and get pesos. How much did you get? I have no idea how much pesos are even worth? Do all banks have pesos available? BTW we are neighbors kinda (Chino Hills). One week to go!

I didn't know you could just go to a bank and get pesos. How much did you get? I have no idea how much pesos are even worth? Do all banks have pesos available? BTW we are neighbors kinda (Chino Hills). One week to go!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but last I heard Pesos were 13 to a $1. We are getting Pesos too and have to order them from the bank a day or two ahead.

Only over a week! WOW! Can't wait for this vacation from the cold. It is about 20 degrees right now! With a dusting of chilly snow!:confused:

I'm packing tomorrow! Hope everything fits! We are coming from Columbus Ohio too. We live in Worthington.

We live in the southwest side between Hilliard and Grove City - Galloway... :) Cannot wait to get out of this cold weather either. It's been a long awful winter so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter