Wonder ~ February 6 2011 ~ Mexican Riviera

Bethnkatesmom, you can also bring some ginger tea or candy with you. I swear it has worked wonders for me when I've felt a bit motion sickness.
I'm sending good thoughts that everyone has safe travels to Los Angeles.
Happy packing! :laundy:

Scans of the Navigators from the Jan. 23 sailing have been posted on the main DCL forum, under the thread heading 'Mexican Riviera trip reports". :yay::yay::yay:
Spent my morning coffee time pouring over them!

Wow! What a storm. Our driveway is a complete sheet of ice. Even the snow is slick. The trees look beautiful though. We are cold here. The kids did not have school because of the weather. So we all sat around playing the Wii and putting together FE treats. Not a bad day considering. For those worried about the weather....it will be past us in the Midwest for weekend travels. Hope we all get out safe and sound and on time. This board has been lots of fun!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

A box of ginger snap cookies is great to settle the little ones tummies too. I have always brought one box on cruises. They seem to help the little ones adjust. My mother in law swears by them too.

Not jazzed about any listed excursions in Cabo any other ideas out there?

Thanks again for the updated list. It was put to great use today!:cloud9:

Thanks too for the navigator post...had fun looking at those today too.

Are any men (or women) interested in golfing at the Cabo San Lucas Country Club? It is 135$ US, less than half the excursion course at Cabo Del Sol and is only five minutes from downtown Cabo. I emailed the course and they can get a group off around noon. You can see the course and info at..... cabosanlucascountryclub.com

Woo hoo! The weather is improving for sail away! Predicting 76 now for Sunday!

I think 76 sounds great. We are one of many in the freezzzzz, record low and schools closed again. We have missed the snow storm though. I hope no one misses their cruise because of weather. :scared1: DS is not to upset about missing school. I am though. I felt bad taking him out for six days as it was. I hope they have school Thur so he can pick up work :rotfl:and turn in what he has. I try not to feel bad. I talked to some of my professors and DS teachers before. The consensus was they wish they had taken their kids out of school more for family time.

Can't wait to see you all.

We were on the second floor last time and it was great. Just a flight up and you at all much of the action. We were in the middle so going to either elevator was nice (the middle elevator tends to have waits). Towards the end though I was wishing for more stairs. When it was late I left the kids with DH and climbed a few for the exercise. So if you see some woman climbing the stairs late at night (like 12am) :rolleyes1up and down that would be me :laughing:

Here is the updated list for everyone. I think I got all of the changes but please let me know if something is worng or gets changed. I will print copies on Friday and bring them to the meet for everyone on Sunday.

1039 Familyfun5
Joleen (F), Gary (M), Jackson (M, 2), Sailor (F, 1)

2039 Familyfun5
Jennifer (F), Dorthy (F), Seth (M, 13), Mac (M, 12)

2610 MammaSue
Susan (F, Birthday 2/11), James (M), Jameson (M, Age 3)

5640 Goofy39.3
Heather (F), Adam (M), Max (M, Age 3)

6019 DaniS
Steve (M), Ty (M, Age 11)

6580 MeganHoward
Megan (F), Lucky (M, Age 6)

6583 DaniS
Dani (F), Sierra (F, Age 13), Avery (F, Age 7)

6588 did22527
Ivie (F), Michele (F), Davis (M, Age 5)

6600 MeganHoward
Donna (F), Bonnie (F)

6602 MeganHoward
Susan (F), Amy (F)

7500 bethnkatesmom
Dawn (F), Pete (M), Bethany (F, Age 7), Kaitlyn (F, Age 7)

8016 twohsieh
Tina (F), Brian (M), Ryder (M, Age 5), Hunter (M, Age 3), Kiara (F, 1-1/2)

8042 moomy-san
Roxeanne (F), Mike (M), Mikhaila (F, Age 10), Dannan (F, Age 6)

8050 Nuckles
Dan (M), Jennifer (F), Devin (F, Age 6), Camryn (F, Age 3)

8538 53-tink
Andrea (F), Phil (M), Katelin (F, Age 9), Heather (F, Age 6 - Birthday 2/10)

8540 53-tink
Karyn (F), Jeff (M), Ashely (F, Age 6), James (M, Age 5)

8554 MeganHoward
Diane (F), Kayleigh (F, Age 8), Grant (M, Age 6), TJ (M, Age 4)

The final numbers
17 Staterooms
57 People
30 Adults 27 Children (13 M and 14 F)

I saw that there was a birthday listed, wanted to make sure I updated the birthday's for us as well. Just one while we are on the ship. I can't wait! Only a few more days!

Make sure that on this last posted list, bethnkatesmom is switched from 7500 to 2500. Right?

Yes we did move to 2500. I will print lists for everyone and hand them out on Sunday when we meet. I think there are more birthdays but I have not had time to go though the enitre thread to find them.

I think 76 sounds great. Can't wait to see you all.

We were on the second floor last time and it was great. Just a flight up and you at all much of the action. We were in the middle so going to either elevator was nice (the middle elevator tends to have waits). Towards the end though I was wishing for more stairs. When it was late I left the kids with DH and climbed a few for the exercise. So if you see some woman climbing the stairs late at night (like 12am) :rolleyes1up and down that would be me :laughing:

I'll be doing the stairs and laps on deck four all the time. I was suppose to lose 7lbs before we left because that's what I gain on a 7 day cruise, but it didn't come off and if I gain ANYTHING on this cruise I will not fit in any clothes to go back to work the Monday after!

As we leave Super Bowl Sunday I was curious where we could see the game. So if there are any football fans here was their response......

Thank you for your patience while we researched your request.

Please be assured, the Super Bowl is scheduled to be shown on the ship in various places. This should start about 2:30pm in the following areas:
Funnel Vision, Diversions, Promenade Lounge, Edge, Vibe, Disney's Oceaneer Lab.

On Deck 9, in the Promenade Lounge and in Diversions hot snacks will be available for Guests.

Please check once board for additional information for the game.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

Wilma
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Line

As we leave Super Bowl Sunday I was curious where we could see the game. So if there are any football fans here was their response......

Thank you for your patience while we researched your request.

Please be assured, the Super Bowl is scheduled to be shown on the ship in various places. This should start about 2:30pm in the following areas:
Funnel Vision, Diversions, Promenade Lounge, Edge, Vibe, Disney's Oceaneer Lab.

On Deck 9, in the Promenade Lounge and in Diversions hot snacks will be available for Guests.

Please check once board for additional information for the game.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

Wilma
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Line

Thanks for the info. My dh was kind of curious about this too.

Hi everyone. We will be heading to the airport at 3am. Finishing packing and going to niece birthday party.

I wish everyone safe travels :hug: and for those in the cold, just remember the warm weather is not far away.

We are in room 1039 and may upgrade at the port. If we do we will post something on the door. We finished most of our FE a bit ago. Can't wait to give them out. I also misplaced our FE hanger and have not fit in time to construct another one. I kept thinking I would.:laughing: So please excuse our kinda tacky replacement. ;)

See you in a few days. pirate:

Hi Gang,
I just booked a one hour tour with Cabo Submarine for mid morning on 2/11. You can google them and check out their website for more info. I showed my hubby their video and he thought it looked really cool. They cruise up the coast to Lover's Beach and the Arch. You can get some great photos from the deck and then go down below to check out the fish through the glass windows. Mike who I talked to today said there will be 3 cruise ship in port on 2/10 so things will be pretty busy in town. They are in talks with DCL to be added as one of their excursion, so prices will go up when that happens. They were voted the #3 attraction in Cabo by Tripadvisor. If anyone wants to join us, the more the merrier. Kids 3 and under are free!
Gotta finish packing. I'm about 1/2 way done!:woohoo:
Safe travels!

Hi Everyone! I am on the March 20 Mexican Riv cruise and need a question answered about the DCL Pacific Side Horseback Riding excursion in Cabo. My daughter will be in a walking leg cast at the time of our cruise. She is an experienced rider and very fit. I am wondering if someone could ask the Excursion desk if she will still be allowed to horseback ride. DCL Customer Service said they thought it was ok, but weren't 100% sure. Thanks for your help in advance:)

Colmom

Hi Gang,
I just booked a one hour tour with Cabo Submarine for mid morning on 2/11. You can google them and check out their website for more info. I showed my hubby their video and he thought it looked really cool. They cruise up the coast to Lover's Beach and the Arch. You can get some great photos from the deck and then go down below to check out the fish through the glass windows. Mike who I talked to today said there will be 3 cruise ship in port on 2/10 so things will be pretty busy in town. They are in talks with DCL to be added as one of their excursion, so prices will go up when that happens. They were voted the #3 attraction in Cabo by Tripadvisor. If anyone wants to join us, the more the merrier. Kids 3 and under are free!
Gotta finish packing. I'm about 1/2 way done!:woohoo:
Safe travels!

Great idea, we planned on doing this the last time we visited Cabo but forgot too! What time are you going we might be able to join you.

Hi Everyone! I am on the March 20 Mexican Riv cruise and need a question answered about the DCL Pacific Side Horseback Riding excursion in Cabo. My daughter will be in a walking leg cast at the time of our cruise. She is an experienced rider and very fit. I am wondering if someone could ask the Excursion desk if she will still be allowed to horseback ride. DCL Customer Service said they thought it was ok, but weren't 100% sure. Thanks for your help in advance:)

Colmom

I can't give you a guarantee but my experience in Mexico is if you've got the money they'll let you ride in a body cast.

We are planning on doing the Cabo submarine at 11:30. I was told to arrive a bit before that as they like to have everyone on board and leave at 11:30. They are about a 5-10 minute walk from where we get dropped off from the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter