Wonder - October 24, 2004

well... i do already know that i am getting my pedicure the week before the cruise - but even your idea about the great shot with your toes in it might not be enough to get me up there!! im sure it is a ton of fun - but the thought of being way up there makes me a bit nervous!

Yes, I admit it. I WAS scared, but it turned out to be worth the fear, for me. But I would never try to talk somebody into it if they're really frightened. A "little scared" is kind of fun and adds to the experience, but "shear terror" would just be a bummer!

Right now I'm anxiously awaiting reports on how CC came through Frances. All of our plans for CC day may be for naught if it requires alot repairs from the hurricane. We'll just have to wait and see, though.

here is what is reported on mousesavers :(

No word yet on how Disney's private island, Castaway Cay, fared in Hurricane Frances. It apparently sustained a direct hit from the strongest part of the storm, so there may be significant damage. I imagine it will be a few days before a full assessment can be made. If you will be taking a Disney cruise in the next few weeks, don't count on stopping there

Yes! Taking a disposable camera up is a terrific idea! My DS10 will love it! Thanks for the great tip! I hope I don't chicken out. . .thanks for sharing your experience. Adventures, here we come!

We have been watching Frances as well when it went over CC and Nassau. We will anxiously wait to hear the reports. We have friends in Florida who have fared well and were boarded up in their houses. We shall all pray that Ivan stays away!

I wonder if we will be able to leave from Port Canaveral? I hope so. I don't want to drive even further south. Sounds like CC is in ok shape and should be ready before our cruise. Let's hope there are no MORE hurricanes.

I've had my mother in law here with me for a week now. Frances made Landfall in her town. She has heard that her house is ok, but is not returning yet since there are not enough supplies for the people there. Those Poor Floridians. Ivan, GO AWAY!

Things are looking up for our CC day! All the posts from folks who have spoken to DCL have said that there was minimal damage. Apparently it's mainly a clean-up operation instead of major repairs. Yea!!!!

Also, I can't imagine we wouldn't embark from Port Canaveral. "Mucho dollars" are being lost every day that it's closed. I'm sure it will be back in business very quickly.

Yea! :bounce: That is good news. And, JJsmama, I'm glad to hear that your mother's house has fared well thus far. GO AWAY, IVAN!! It's been quite a hurricane season so far.

We'll stay positive that all will be good and things will work out for all. We are so excited to see CC and beautiful waters! We are under 40 days now. :hyper:

I was thinking of making a door sign, if just for my boys to find the room easier. We use door signs when we go to hockey tournaments and then the team knows which room is ours. The signs usually have them pictured in their gear and their jersey number and team/town from. The kids love it. I'm just not sure what I would put on the sign for the cruise!

I was thinking of making one for my parents' door since they are the ones who organized the whole trip for everyone. Aren't there those giant magnets which one can adhere a design to? ANyone tried that?

Giant magnets work great, or poster board with just a few strips of the smaller adhesive magnets works just as well. The poster board is a less costly if I make a mistake and have to start over.

We also had a "message center" on our door that worked well during our May cruise. I took a regular notepad, stuck an adhesive magnet on the back, and attached a pen with a ribbon. We were able to leave each other notes about where we were or where to meet later. It was very handy.

There has to be more of us than this going on the Oct. 24 Wonder! Now that we are only 4 weeks away, is anyone excited?! :hyper:

I decided I am going to make something for our door so it's easy to spot coming down the hall. We are bringing our own snorkle gear. Anyone else doing this? Is it worth it?

Hope to meet everyone on the Wonder!! Oh I can't wait any longer for the docs dance. :bounce:

Hello all!

I just now found this thread, and I'd love to add that my DFiance and I will be on the 10/24 for our HONEYMOON!!

We're getting married on 10/23 and flying down early on the morning of the cruise (I know, I KNOW people say to some the day before, but we were otherwise committed :p )

I am SO ready for this trip, we cannot wait!!

Am a little concerned though, we never received information from our travel agent on booking excursions :(
Do you know if I can call DCL directly and make reservations? Also, do you pay for them once you're on the ship?

It's nice to see that there are others here who we'll be sailing with!!

sarah

Just go to the DCL website and click on "Ports of Call" to find info about excursions at both Nassau and Castway Cay. There's a toll free number listed that you can call to book. You ought to do this soon since some excursions do fill up. Your shore excursions will be charged to your stateroom account on the first day of the cruise. If you decide to cancel an excursion, be sure to do it one week before the cruise or you'll still be charged for it.

Hope this helps and Welcome Aboard!
Amy

hey NHDisneyKid!

congratulations on that whole wedding thing! looks like we will be following close behind you cuz we are going to POFQ after the cruise!

im thinking the documents should be coming any day since the people cruising the week before us are getting theirs now!

im thinking once that package arrives it will start to feel real!

Yeah!! We're dancin' now! We got our documents yesterday. That means it's close! WooHoo!

NHDisneyKid, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You will have a terrific honeymoon. There was also another excursions brochure in the documents we received yesterday, so if you haven't gotten them yet, they are on their way!

Who got theirs?

Who is excited, you ask? ME! ME!

I too have thought of bringing my own snorkel equipment. In fact I think I asked once on the boards how they cleaned the ones on CC but didn't really get an answer. (I should check back.) Six months ago, I had definitely planned to buy us snorkel stuff, then I forgot and time has slipped away from me. I feel much less prepared, organized and knowledgable about the the cruise now that it is close than I did when we first booked and I was reading the Passporter from cover to cover.

Anyone else worried about the hurricanes?? I hope there is something left of the ports and CC when it is our turn. Those poor Floridians.

hey all!

we picked up our documents from ta yesterday! now it is all real!!

i did buy our own snorkel equiptment for that same reason - just not sure how they clean it - you still have time to pick it up - and the good news is - they are all having sales right about now!

see you all soon!

I'm going to pass on the snorkel equipment sales. I've worked out a deal with "The Almighty." If I promise to never put my head underwater on purpose, then He promises to not let me die of drowning (on purpose, of course).

We had to change our "night before" resort at Cocoa Beach because our original choice had too much damage from Frances. It won't reopen until Oct 30th. So I guess I'm waiting now to find out if the new resort choice has made it through Jeanne okay.

we are staying the night before at embassy suites - the package includes buffet breakfast to get us in the cruising mood :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter