Wonder - October 24, 2004

We're booked in to the Radisson the night before. I was wondering about their damage too. So many of the hotels have been damaged there, rooms are going to be in short supply.

GOOD NEWS: As of now, there is not another hurricane out there blowing towards Florida or the East Coast.

Hi, my name is Margo. My DH(Ron) and I are also cruising on the 10/24 Wonder.
This is a spur of the moment trip that we just booked last Tuesday.
We are now anxiously awaiting the arrival of our documents.
Usually we put in a couple days at WDW before our cruise but not this trip.
We're flying in on Saturday and staying at the Radisson.
For those first time DCL cruisers, you'll have a blast.

hey margo!

i was wondering if you had any idea how full the ship was? when you made your reservations did you have choice of a lot of rooms?

thanks for any info!

I booked with DCL because their rates were the same as Priceline and Expedia. I wanted a balcony but they only had cat. 9 and lower available.
Right now we are GTY category 9.
When I checked the DCL website yesterday, they were showing no rooms available.

Hmm... No upper category staterooms left? I wonder if some of us will get upgraded then? We're already in a cat 4. I doubt they'd move us to a suite (but I'd take it with a smile if they did.)

YIKES! I just saw my own countdown clock after I posted above. 25 days!!! Suddenly it is getting close!! Plus, we are having my son's 6th birthday party the night before we board at the hotel so I have to plan, gather up and take everything for the party with us. I'd better get BUSY!

Happy birthday to your son. What an exciting birthday he will have to remember. Planning a birthday party for that age is so fun because they get so excited - happy planning and good luck!

We have a DS6 too. Maybe they will meet in the lab.

Hi Margo! Welcome aboard!

How fun to decide so last minute to take a cruise!

Yay! It's October! I can't believe how close it's getting. Did everyone get their docs by now?

A friend in Florida says that so far, nothing in the way of storms is coming up behind Jeanne. Let's keep our fingers crossed that those poor people don't even get rain for the next month! They don't need it.

Anyway, she says the weather is nice right now. Yay! ::yes::

I have still not gotten my cruise documents.

The news on the DIS board this morning is that there is no decision yet as to whether the next few cruises will go to Castaway Cay. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

I'm still waiting for our docs to arrive. We didn't book until 9/21 so I'll give them until this coming Tuesday before I start calling.
At least I have my confirmation letter.

oh! im really hoping that we are going to castaway cay! im really looking forward to seeing what everyone is talking about!

i have only been on a cruise once before - that was royal carribean and that was 11 years ago - my favorite day on that cruise was on their private island

But that's okay. I was able to book under a great group rate fare, and sometimes your docs can be a little later than ususal when your part of group. It's all good, 'cause I know we're going whether I get our docs or not!

I did get our cruise docs today. Truthfully, I was a little disappointed because I didn't find anything in them I didn't already know. (I did like the box they came in though.) I thought our dinner rotation would be in there and wanted to know that, but I guess that isn't on the docs???

We did discover that we are confirmed for second dinner seating and my parents for Main dinner seating. We don't know about all the others in our party. We're all supposed to be together, of course. Hopefully that will work out.

Our days are numbered in the teens now!!

hello all!

sounds like people on the magic this week have found out that they are stopping at castaway cay on friday - so that is a great sign!

how did you find out your dinner time? we put in for the late seating but i dont remember seeing anything in the docs about that :(

and yes, i liked that box too!

see you all soon!

Dizney cruiser,

Your dinner assignment time is on the 6th page of your booklet on the page titled CRUISE INFORMATION. It should either say Main or Second. If you get main, let me know and maybe we could convince them to switch us.

now you know this is going to be the slowest day in history as i wait to get home and look at my cruise info! ugh!

Good news for me! We talked to the Costco travel agent and she said our entire party has been confirmed for the early (main) dinner seating. It must have just happened since the documents were printed. I am SOOO thrilled. I really wanted my kids to be wide awake for Animators Palate. (I just hope the TA is right. She's been wrong about a couple things.)

Dizney, that just opened 26 spaces in the late seating, so hopefully you'll get it.

hello again!

yes, i did get the late seating and it is a good thing we didnt have to try and switch since there are only two of us and more of you :)

thanks for your help - hope all turns out well for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter