Wonder, Waves and Wishes. 18th October 2009. Remembering the waves!

I just wanted to take a quick minute to wish everyone happy holidays and a wonderful new year.

Jody

Hello, I guess I'm next. My name is Brenda and I am a litigation paralegal. I am taking my first cruise (this one) for my 40th birthday. My DD11 will be with me. Can't talk DH into coming :confused3 but we'll have fun anyway just us girls. Anyone have a DD11 coming on the ship as well?

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

I just wanted to take a quick minute to wish everyone happy holidays and a wonderful new year.

Jody

Happy New Year to you all.

Hello, I guess I'm next. My name is Brenda and I am a litigation paralegal. I am taking my first cruise (this one) for my 40th birthday. My DD11 will be with me. Can't talk DH into coming :confused3 but we'll have fun anyway just us girls. Anyone have a DD11 coming on the ship as well?

I will have a 9 year old DD.

Wow, we may be the only ones on this cruise. We can sleep in different rooms every night!! Woo hoo!!:cool1:

I'm bagging the Walt Suite first!!!

I thought that it was about time that I signed up for this thread. We had originally booked for the now-cancelled October 11 cruise, so we had to change our preferred dates to this.

We booked about a year ago. I guess it's time to start some serious planning now that we're less than 10 months away from the trip. We're going to either drive down from Virginia or take the auto train - that way we can have a car for visiting Kennedy Space Center and to make a stop at MNSSHP before heading back.

Let's see... Here's our crew. Me -- I'm Jan. :wave:. This trip will be my 50th (yikes!!!) birthday present from my DH, John. Our kids (Travis and Charlotte - who will be 11 and 9, respectively, when we cruise) will be joining us, too. We haven't told them yet because it's just too far away. We'll most likely tell them when we head out to California again this summer to explain why we won't be visiting Disneyland this year. Somehow I don't think that they'll mind.

I'm a Disney nut. :mickeyjum I started going to Disneyland when I was just 4 or 5 years old. We've been to Disneyworld twice, but this will be our first ever cruise. Needless to say I'm so excited that I just can't stand it!

I've been spending most of my DIS time over on the scrapbooking threads. I'm a Creative Memories Consultant and I'm very addicted to digi-scrapping. I'll be the one toting around two - yes, two! - cameras on the cruise.

Anyway, I'll stop now, but I just wanted to say hi! (I promise I'll be yakking a lot on here in the future!)

Oh, and I'm all for doing the fish extender thing! I've had the fabric for a year and now I just gotta design the thing. I've had fun seeing what other people have made.

Hi Jan,

I just told Zach that there was another 11 year old on the cruise and his first question was is it a boy. When I said yes, I got the typical boy answer of cool. I'm not sure I am ready for the tween one word answers. :eek:

We too were booked for one of the rescheduled dry dock cruises. Luckily, our travel agent was able to keep everything the same when she switched the reservations. Unfortunately, my family will miss my nephew's birthday but at 6 in Disney World he won't miss us.

Jody

=DCLMan;29392663]Happy New Year to you all.
I will have a 9 year old DD.

Hi DCLMan, I just saw this. Do you think your DD9 will be in the same club/lab as my DD11? If so, maybe they could meet ahead of time.

I would have thought they would be. I'm hoping my dd will be in the same club as my ds11 as she can be quite shy. She's deaf so finds talking to new people a little difficult. We will have to sort something out.

=DCLMan;29392663]Happy New Year to you all.

I would have thought they would be. I'm hoping my dd will be in the same club as my ds11 as she can be quite shy. She's deaf so finds talking to new people a little difficult. We will have to sort something out.

DCLMan, My DD is excited about meeting your DD and your DS. If you want, PM me and we can have them meet and kind of get to know each other.

Hi this will also be our first cruise and would love to join in on the fish extender. We have 3 daughters 12, 10 & 6 :cheer2:. We arrive in florida Oct 7th and will spend 11 nights DVC before our cruise then 1 night after.

Hi all! My name is Angela. I'm 34 (will be the dreaded 35 before this trip though). I have a soon to be 10 year old DS, Matthew. I am a high risk Labor & Delivery nurse supervisor. I enjoy my job a lot, but it can be absolutely draining!!

We are Disney FREAKS! In the past 5 years we have been to WDW 8 times. :) While waiting for our Magical Express bus to pick us up and take us to the airport in December, a DCL bus pulled up. Matthew & I kept talking about how fun & relaxing it would be to hop on that bus instead of heading home. It became a running joke with us. Then after the holidays I got a chance to research and we're going to do it!!!!

We will be spending October 12-18 at WDW - Pop Century or maybe Caribbean Beach (depending on if there are any 'deals' to be had). Then 4 GLORIOUS nights on DCL! :) YAY! I'm already ready to book for 2010 - maybe even an overseas cruise!!!! But I will restrain & book onboard for the credit & discount.

We will be booking Cat 12-GTY and hoping for an upgrade. I won't hold my breath, but it'd be nice to be upgraded. It'll be nice to get to know some of you. Being unmarried, lack of 'adult' interaction during vacation is kind of wierd!!

Oh, and I'm VERY excited to do a Fish Extender! Sign me up for "tag" or whatever we're going to do for FE! Has anyone seen/made a list of FE gifts? I'd love to know the kind of things to get for gifts!

Let's talk excursions...has anyone thought of what you want to do? I think we're going to do Atlantis. We'll probably book the Comfort Suites 'deal' to save some moolah. After that I'd like to stroll through the straw market on the way back to the boat.

On Castaway Cay....I want to parasail. I think I can convince Matthew to tandem with me. And, of course, snorkeling. Maybe a 'small' package there.

Any experienced cruisers want to weigh in on excursions. Thoughts, tips, etc.?? :)

We did the Stingray feeding on Cataway and the kids had a blast. I definatly think it is something to do once. DH and I also did the side by side cabana massage. It was nice (expensive) but am glad we did it once.

This time on Castaway we are not booking any excursions and just relaxing. I cannot believe how wonderful that island is!!! My kids loved the kids club on the island so hopefully they will want to hang there so we can go to serenity bay and hang for a bit.

So tell me about the straw market thing??? I have never been to Nassau before.

From what I've read the snorkeling vests aren't that great. How much do snorkeling 'equipment' cost?? See, I told you I'd ask a bunch of questions!!! :)

Sorry Matthewsmom1, I have been away on business and then came home to a huge ice storm. :faint: I've done a little research and snorkel equipment isn't really expensive at Target and at Overton's. We go to the lake a lot so we could use it there too in the shallow parts to get practice. I'm thinking definitely under $100 for both of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter