Work Scheduling Question

jessicak

Earning My Ears
Hi!

This fall I'm excited to apply for DCP Spring 2014. I was encouraged to apply and discuss my availability in the interview, but I would also like to hear DCP participants' thoughts about taking classes and doing the program; sadly I cannot take time off.
If I needed to take one specific day off each week to attend class at UCF, could I work around that? My plan B is to apply Fall 2014 (when I graduate) for Spring 2015, so that I'd have completely open availability in case I get accepted!

Thanks for reading! :)

They'll *usually* work with you on that, but the time off is only guaranteed for your Disney class. And if they were able to keep your time off schedule, it tends to disappear towards the holidays.

Would you say it is easy to trade shifts in the event that they can't accomodate time off that day?

Would you say it is easy to trade shifts in the event that they can't accomodate time off that day?

Depends on your work location and your specific role. I work at the Emporium, we're usually quite busy/late shifts. People usually don't want to pick up the shifts. Depends on co-workers as well.

CPs are supposed to have full availability so you may have issues with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter