Working for Disney in the long-term

CorEeyore

Mouseketeer
Hey! So who all wants to work for Disney in the long term? I am hoping to nestle into a Disney career. If so, what job are you all hoping to score!?

I definitely want a Disney career as well. I'm going to be a freshman in college this fall and plan to major in business management. Theme parks are my passion, and of course Disney is the best so I see myself in theme park operations. VP of one of the parks is my dream goal, but I'd settle for any high up career in running/managing one of the parks!

I'm starting a PI with them on Thursday as a Conservation Education intern :goodvibes. I'm hoping to stay in the animal programs (my degree's in zoology) or I might look into other departments. I really enjoy working with other people and making sure guests are happy so I'd be happy in a management position that also allows me some contact with guests. I also have a Professional Writing in Professional Writing minor so I might try and find something that has to do with writing within the company.

Oh awesome! Both of those sound great! Congrats on your PI! I am very jealous. I am going to apply for the Spring PI's!

That's what I'm doing right now. After my last CP ended, I got fulltime in attractions (and I am loving it!).

I'm definitely looking into a career with Disney! I'm a merch CP right now and hoping to score an internship for the Spring in event management or guest relations =D

I also want to do a PI after my CP, and then hopefully get hired on to start a career in one of the resort hotels. All i have to do is get acccepted into the CP program first, lol.

I start the CP in August, and I'm hoping I can get a PI afterwards to work with the Youth Education Series. I'm hoping to eventually go FT with Disney in that position. :)

A career with Disney is definitely the dream. :goodvibes

I'm starting my CP in August. I think the ultimate goal for the future would be to have a position with Walt Disney Creative Entertainment.

I too am in the midst of a Disney career... and have many roles over the past three years. I started in the CP, moved into a PI, then jumped around (and continue to jump as I search for my right location). I am currently in the Management training pogram!

I am dying to get back to Disney. After my first cp, I decided that Disney is where I want to eventually end up permanently. After I graduate, I hope to convince my husband to do a cp with me....and then I will go from there

I'd love to work with Disney's publishing company or the YES program :)

Wow these all sound so great! Good luck to you all! I know I want to work for Disney but there are lots of departments I think I would enjoy. I guess I will have to just reasearch a bit to figure out which one I REALLY want!

I am dying to get back to Disney. After my first cp, I decided that Disney is where I want to eventually end up permanently. After I graduate, I hope to convince my husband to do a cp with me....and then I will go from there

I'd love to work with Disney's publishing company or the YES program :)

I want to work with the YES program, too! :)

I too am in the midst of a Disney career... and have many roles over the past three years. I started in the CP, moved into a PI, then jumped around (and continue to jump as I search for my right location). I am currently in the Management training pogram!

what kind of positions where you in after your PI??, and also can you start manager training right after PI or do you have to "jump" around a bit?

Someone right out of a PI is typically not eligible for the Management Training Program (as it requires an application process that PIs are not eligible to apply for). MIs complete some of the classes during their experience, but not the entire thing.

My career has gone like this:
CP - Character Performer (5 mths)
PI - Technical Writer (5 mths)
FT - The Pirates League Opening Crew Trainer (7 mths)
TA - Entertainment Resource Assistant (7 mths)
TA - L&D Consultant (5 mths)
TA - Entertainment Resource Assistant (3 mths)
FT - The Pirates League (2 mths)
FT - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Concierge (1 wk)
TA - Emerging Leader Program

I want to eventually end up somewhere in management. I am willing/open to anything at first just to get my foot in the door. The plan is to do my first CP Spring 2012, then to do a Fall 2014 CP or PI after my college graduation, then hopefully get at least a part time position somewhere and live/work in Florida long enough to establish residency and then go back to school and get my master's in hospitality/tourism management from UCF.

Someone right out of a PI is typically not eligible for the Management Training Program (as it requires an application process that PIs are not eligible to apply for). MIs complete some of the classes during their experience, but not the entire thing.

My career has gone like this:
CP - Character Performer (5 mths)
PI - Technical Writer (5 mths)
FT - The Pirates League Opening Crew Trainer (7 mths)
TA - Entertainment Resource Assistant (7 mths)
TA - L&D Consultant (5 mths)
TA - Entertainment Resource Assistant (3 mths)
FT - The Pirates League (2 mths)
FT - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Concierge (1 wk)
TA - Emerging Leader Program

WOW, yeah you did jump around a lot, how come only 1 wk as a concierge, it you dont mind me asking, and what is a MI???

I'm starting my CP in August then I'm hoping to get into the PI but my end goal is to end up with a long term job in the costume shops, not costuming but actually sewing and a part of all that:) Anyone have any links for the PI info though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter