World of Color Superthread

IMO yellow is much better than blue. But blue is distributed first - at least if they are still doing things like they did last time I was there.

:wizard:

DL newbie here. Does the FP signage tell you which color FP is being distributed? I assume like F!, the FP machines are disconnected?

DL newbie here. Does the FP signage tell you which color FP is being distributed? I assume like F!, the FP machines are disconnected?

FP is disconnected for WOC. But there are no signs about which color or show. Just ask the CM near the machines....they can tell you. And will sometimes offer you the color you want if it is available.

FP is disconnected for WOC. But there are no signs about which color or show. Just ask the CM near the machines....they can tell you. And will sometimes offer you the color you want if it is available.

There is a sign by the giant bear outside the rapids saying which show is being distributed. You have to ask for the color, though.

To the left of the world of color area there is a walkway. next to it there is a small area where you can sit up on a stone cement like place. We sat there with about 10 other ppl until the woc fp opened up for entrance. However right in front of that area we sat on the ground and the parade passed right by us we were front row.

Is this like right in front of the Golden Zephyr?

There is a sign by the giant bear outside the rapids saying which show is being distributed. You have to ask for the color, though.

Thank you both!

I'm here at WOC. I booked the Carthay Circle lunch package. There's only one show tonight at 9pm. The CC section is empty an hour before.

The section for CC (using Kirstie101's image from her post above) is the back top row (which is elevated) and continues to the center of the concave steps. The steps are included in the space.

The other half of the steps and section mirroring the CC section is for yellow FP. The circle area in front of the concave steps (including the convex steps) are a mix of yellow and blue.

The yellow section in front of the CC section is handicap only.

The WCT and Ariel's dining package section is in front and to the side of the convex steps at the front of the circle.

The FP sections are sold out and are very crowded.

So each restaurant had its own section?

I tried a search, but came up with no recent information..
What is the standby area in front of the Little Mermaid ride like these days? We won't get to the parks until around 5:00 our first day, and I'd like to try standby for WOC. (either show)
Thanks! :)

Well, last Thursday's (5/12/11) WOC show was a total waste of time. Stood in line around 20 minutes for fast passes that morning, got red section. Showed up around 7:45 to enter the viewing area. Stood around with the rest of the sardines for an hour. Approximately three minutes into the show, the water & music stopped, the lights came on, and a voice announced that due to technical difficulties, the show was cancelled. :mad:

So a few thousand angry people were ushered out of DCA. Not through the main gate...no, they had us exit through a different entrance which dumped us out into Downtown Disney. On the other side of the security checkpoint. So we had to have our bags, stroller, etc. checked again, just to walk past the park entrances to our hotel.

So, all we got to see of WOC was a few fountains lit up with different colored lights. Didn't get to see any of the special effects at all.

4+ years later, and we FINALLY got to see WoC a few weeks ago. :) From what I saw on youtube of previous versions of the show, it seemed there used to be more Disney music & characters. The new version for the 60th was just ok. I guess I was expecting more. Nothing against Neil Patrick Harris, but I could have used less of him and more Mickey Mouse. The parts with Walt and the history of the park were neat, but all the vignettes of random people riding rides, frolicking around the park, etc. are only interesting if you're in it, LOL. I wish it had been more like Mickey's Philharmagic, all Disney characters and music. My 6-year-old was rather bored and nearly fell asleep.

I will say that the effects are very cool, and I like how they project images onto the roller coaster and Mickey's Fun Wheel. I think we were in the yellow section (the entrance was right across from the Little Mermaid ride), not on the bottom tier but one level up. We had an ECV, so we were able to get seating in the handicapped area for my inlaws. FIL sat in the ECV against the rail and DD sat with him, so they had a good view. DH and I stood behind them and we could see really well also. It helped that we didn't have anyone standing in front of us; otherwise it would have been difficult for us shorter people.

I think next time we'll do Fantasmic instead. I haven't seen that in maybe 20 years at DL simply because of the crowding in that area (a far cry from the stadium at DHS). I understand they do fast passes now, which cuts down on the amount of people corralled in that small space. So glad they finally came up with a solution.

Could people who have done the WOC dining packages recently confirm the location for both Carthay Circle dining and WCT/Ariel dining. I think last report was Carthay is farther back along an upper tier of the viewing area and the WCT/Ariel area is in front of the circle and behind the marked wet area of the map. Is this still the case? I know it is reported Carthay diners can go to the front if they ask. I just want to be sure where each section is directed. TIA.

Could people who have done the WOC dining packages recently confirm the location for both Carthay Circle dining and WCT/Ariel dining. I think last report was Carthay is farther back along an upper tier of the viewing area and the WCT/Ariel area is in front of the circle and behind the marked wet area of the map. Is this still the case? I know it is reported Carthay diners can go to the front if they ask. I just want to be sure where each section is directed. TIA.
We saw the first WOC show the last week of June w/ WCT dinning FP. The map is correct on the green section which is in front of the circle.
A 1 1/2 ago we saw the show with CC dining and were the upper left green section of the map. When entering I mentioned to the CM if CC dining can head down to the WCT/Ariel section and simply said our section was up top. If you plan on asking to asking CM to change sections be ready to be clear, quick and strong with your request. There are lots of people swarming the area and you don't want to miss out on a railing spot in either area.
I enjoyed both viewing spots. We are doing WCT again because of the food options for the kids;)

Hi there, We will be visiting from Australia in October. Our first time in 10 years and our kids first time. I think we will only see WOC once - so I want to make it a great experience for my kids (7 & 9) Is it necessary to get a dining package for the best viewing area, or regardless do I just need to find a spot and stay in it a couple of hours prior to a show to get the best position so the kids can see properly? If I go for a dining package, can anyone recommend which one the kids enjoyed the most?

Thank you for the help rmonty02. I am neither quick nor strong (66 yr old grandma under 5' tall) so I think I will make reservations for WCT or Ariels to avoid requesting to change locations. And since this will be a first trip without grandkids, I will try the 2nd show.

Hi there, We will be visiting from Australia in October. Our first time in 10 years and our kids first time. I think we will only see WOC once - so I want to make it a great experience for my kids (7 & 9) Is it necessary to get a dining package for the best viewing area, or regardless do I just need to find a spot and stay in it a couple of hours prior to a show to get the best position so the kids can see properly? If I go for a dining package, can anyone recommend which one the kids enjoyed the most?
You can find this info in the OP. Not necessary to get the dining package. Yes you need to arrive early (90 minutes) if you want the greatest chance possible to see the show.

I'm doing an Ariel's grotto package-I'm still confused about where we go for that. Also, cd someone tell me what is the latest I cd get there to reasonably get a decent place but have time for rides as late as possible? That's are only day for CA and won't be getting there until about noon. Thanks!

I'm doing an Ariel's grotto package-I'm still confused about where we go for that. Also, cd someone tell me what is the latest I cd get there to reasonably get a decent place but have time for rides as late as possible? That's are only day for CA and won't be getting there until about noon. Thanks!

The AG dining just goes to the main entry for reserved dining. And you will be sent to the center area shown in the OP.

And your question is hard to answer precisely because it depends on your tolerance for risk. It is answered in depth in the OP.

When should I arrive to the WOC queue?

Each WOC FP or dining reservation (Reserved Viewing) pass lists a suggested return time to the queue. Ignore these times. Follow the times below.

For the first show here is my advice for queue arrival time. See viewing chart map shown above for queue locations.

1. If you want a slam dunk/for sure access to the best viewing spots, show up 90 minutes before the scheduled show time. Note a queue may not yet be established. Check with a WOC Cast Member on where the queue will start. And stay in the area.

2. If you would like a good shot to a good viewing spot but are willing to risk getting a poor spot, show up 60 minutes before the scheduled show time. Note that during recent shows the Cast Members guided guests from the queue to the viewing area 60 minutes before the show starts.

3. If you do not care about a good viewing spot, show up 30 minutes before the scheduled show time.

Some people report arriving just 15 minutes before the show and getting a good spot to see WOC. Yes, and some people leave at 6PM in a big city and do not hit traffic. It happens. But it is not the rule. Below is a photo of the Blue section queue on a Saturday night in October 90 minutes before the show.

Reserved Viewing (Dining Package) guests should use the above times as guidelines. It is not uncommon to be able to arrive 60 minutes before the show and still be able to get a good viewing spot.

Reserved Viewing dining guests who want to have a relaxing dinner before the show should make the reservation at least 3 hours before show starts. This will allow you 90 minutes to be seated, order and dine - and then have enough time to walk to the RV waiting area and be there about 75-90 minutes early.

We will be at DLR mid September. I'm a shortie and I also have a two and a half year old with me. I'm thinking we will need to at least be in the area 90 minutes ahead of time (is that too much?) to get a rail spot where she will be able to see? Would the light pole trick (that I'm having trouble finding the details on right now) be a good spot for a family with a small child? I'm hoping the crowds are down a little when we go but I don't want to get my hopes up too much with regards to how much waiting I'll be having to do for good spots to things like this and PTN. Thanks

We will be at DLR mid September. I'm a shortie and I also have a two and a half year old with me. I'm thinking we will need to at least be in the area 90 minutes ahead of time (is that too much?) to get a rail spot where she will be able to see? Would the light pole trick (that I'm having trouble finding the details on right now) be a good spot for a family with a small child? I'm hoping the crowds are down a little when we go but I don't want to get my hopes up too much with regards to how much waiting I'll be having to do for good spots to things like this and PTN. Thanks
There is no light pole trick for WOC. That was for Fantasmic.

First, the 90 minute early rule is only for the first show of the evening. Being 90 minutes early may be "too much" on some nights. The important question for you is if it will be too much on YOUR night. And you will not know until your night comes. If you wait until 60 minutes to arrive "just to see" and it is not enough then really, truly, you will not be able to see the show. And it will be too late. And you will wish you arrived earlier. Pretty much 90 minutes early is enough "every night" so you do not have to wonder. My experience having seen WOC 12-15 times for the first (or only) show is I have never regretted showing up 90 minutes early for any of the shows. The few times I have come later have always resulted in an imperfect view. But since I am 6 ft tall I can manage better than children and shorter adults.

Bottom line - if you are going to the first show get there 90 minutes early if you want to for sure get a good view of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter