World of Color Superthread

There is no light pole trick for WOC. That was for Fantasmic.

First, the 90 minute early rule is only for the first show of the evening. Being 90 minutes early may be "too much" on some nights. The important question for you is if it will be too much on YOUR night. And you will not know until your night comes. If you wait until 60 minutes to arrive "just to see" and it is not enough then really, truly, you will not be able to see the show. And it will be too late. And you will wish you arrived earlier. Pretty much 90 minutes early is enough "every night" so you do not have to wonder. My experience having seen WOC 12-15 times for the first (or only) show is I have never regretted showing up 90 minutes early for any of the shows. The few times I have come later have always resulted in an imperfect view. But since I am 6 ft tall I can manage better than children and shorter adults.

Bottom line - if you are going to the first show get there 90 minutes early if you want to for sure get a good view of the show.

:wizard:
Thank you!

So last year when I went I messed up and didn't show up til 20-30 before show time, with the WCT dining package. My kids were miserable because we couldn't see and we adults were miserable because of the same thing.

This year I did the exact same reservation but had a better plan thanks to HydroGuy. 5:10 at WCT. We didn't get as good of a spot on the rail for the Pixar parade this time, but it was close enough and I thought the food was actually better than last year. The kids ran up to the rail by the entrance and had a good view of the parade. I haven't tried just regular FP for WOC but IMO combined with the parade view the dining package is worth it.

We showed up to the WOC viewing area about 7:20 just to be safe. There were a couple other folks loitering about in front of us. At 7:30-7:40 they started putting in the poles and ropes for the lines. As lines started forming we were 5-6 people back. We were still there til at least 8 before they let folks in. We went to the wet zone right up against the very front rail and had great seats. I was able to leave after staking spots to get churros and beers. They hand you a re-entry pass.

The show itself was awesome. I loved the new version but honestly that may be because I had a bad experience last year with the old version (my fault). We got wet in the wet zone obviously but I didn't think it was that bad.

Overall, my tune has totally changed on this. We actually had fun waiting, and the show itself was amazing. Can't wait to do it again.

Does anyone know if the map in the first post is still accurate? I loved our spot last time we were there, and want to make sure I grab the right FP :)

So last year when I went I messed up and didn't show up til 20-30 before show time, with the WCT dining package. My kids were miserable because we couldn't see and we adults were miserable because of the same thing.

This year I did the exact same reservation but had a better plan thanks to HydroGuy. 5:10 at WCT. We didn't get as good of a spot on the rail for the Pixar parade this time, but it was close enough and I thought the food was actually better than last year. The kids ran up to the rail by the entrance and had a good view of the parade. I haven't tried just regular FP for WOC but IMO combined with the parade view the dining package is worth it.

We showed up to the WOC viewing area about 7:20 just to be safe. There were a couple other folks loitering about in front of us. At 7:30-7:40 they started putting in the poles and ropes for the lines. As lines started forming we were 5-6 people back. We were still there til at least 8 before they let folks in. We went to the wet zone right up against the very front rail and had great seats. I was able to leave after staking spots to get churros and beers. They hand you a re-entry pass.

The show itself was awesome. I loved the new version but honestly that may be because I had a bad experience last year with the old version (my fault). We got wet in the wet zone obviously but I didn't think it was that bad.

Overall, my tune has totally changed on this. We actually had fun waiting, and the show itself was amazing. Can't wait to do it again.

So would you recommend we book dinner at a similar time? X

Does anyone know if the map in the first post is still accurate? I loved our spot last time we were there, and want to make sure I grab the right FP :)

For the record, the map in the OP is never 100% accurate because on any night CMS can and do change things up a bit. It is basically correct but not 100% correct. It seems the red zone down front is now for reserved dining. And part of the yellow section down front can be used for reserved dining as well. Other than that it is still accurate. I will be seeing WOC the week after next and will try and double check everything.

So would you recommend we book dinner at a similar time? X

The advice in the OP is still valid. Book your dining package at least three hours before the show. It looks like the PP booked about four hours before but also wanted to see the parade from WCT.

We booked a WCT for 11:40, since lunch is cheaper than dinner ($100 total for 5). We have FP for the 9pm show tonight. I will report back with our experience.

The advice in the OP is still valid. Book your dining package at least three hours before the show. It looks like the PP booked about four hours before but also wanted to see the parade from WCT.

Yep that's correct. We wanted to see the parade during dinner. If you get there a bit before 5 I think you have a better chance at a rail seat and a great view. We had a good 1 1/2 hours between when the meal was done and when we got to WOC.

Oooh, which day will you be seeing WOC? I'll be seeing WOC for the first time that same week.
Planning to catch the new WOC on the 12th. We will have 3 and 1/2 days at DLR before the D23 Expo. At the airport at this moment to catch our flight to CA for some beach time before DLR. :)

So, last night we were in the red area from the map in first post of this thread. We were actually right on the middle star. There was little to no breeze, so we didn't get too wet. We were riding the rides on that side of Paradise Pier around 6:30-7:00pm, and we walked over to the Wharf to get something to eat. When we walked by the WOC area, nothing was really happening yet. When we came back over the bridge, we saw tons of people. I asked a CM there if that was the dining package, and she said it was blue FP and told me to go two signposts down. We walked down to that post, and showed our passes and they told us to head to the end of line. There were about 15-20 people ahead of us, and it was around 7:50pm or so. It appears that WCT and AG were together, as the CMs there were saying the names of both places. Overall, the show and experience was great, and I'm glad we booked WCT for the view we got. I am hoping if we come back next year, that the old show or some iteration is back so we can see that.

Yep that's correct. We wanted to see the parade during dinner. If you get there a bit before 5 I think you have a better chance at a rail seat and a great view. We had a good 1 1/2 hours between when the meal was done and when we got to WOC.

I didn't know about watching the parade from here. Please tell me more x

Could people who have done the WOC dining packages recently confirm the location for both Carthay Circle dining and WCT/Ariel dining. I think last report was Carthay is farther back along an upper tier of the viewing area and the WCT/Ariel area is in front of the circle and behind the marked wet area of the map. Is this still the case? I know it is reported Carthay diners can go to the front if they ask. I just want to be sure where each section is directed. TIA.

We did the Ariel's Grotto dining package in mid May. We watched WOC from the first "wet" on the map left of the 16. Not sure how they figure that is only a "good" viewing area, while the "best" are further back. We were front and center right at the water. Best seats in the house. And we did get wet. But, luckily we happened to have ponchos with us since it had been raining earlier in the day.

I thought the dining package was definitely worth it. Yes, it's a little pricey. But, you get great food and an excellent spot to watch the show without having to camp out for hours. We will be doing another dining package during our next trip at the end of October.

I didn't know about watching the parade from here. Please tell me more x

The Pixar Parade at 5:20 goes right by WCT. Last year we arrived at 5 and got a table right on the rail, which is a great spot to watch the parade. Some of the tables will have tree issues but not bad I don't think. This year we arrived about the same time, but like how everything was much busier this year than last, it was a 45 minute wait for the rail. We got a table outside but a couple rows back from the rail. I stayed there during the parade and could see the tops of the floats, but my kids were able to go find a spot by the entrance where they could see everything, so it still worked out. Food is ok, by no means worth the price. You're paying for the experience, and a front and center spot at WOC if you get there early enough.

The Pixar Parade at 5:20 goes right by WCT. Last year we arrived at 5 and got a table right on the rail, which is a great spot to watch the parade. Some of the tables will have tree issues but not bad I don't think. This year we arrived about the same time, but like how everything was much busier this year than last, it was a 45 minute wait for the rail. We got a table outside but a couple rows back from the rail. I stayed there during the parade and could see the tops of the floats, but my kids were able to go find a spot by the entrance where they could see everything, so it still worked out. Food is ok, by no means worth the price. You're paying for the experience, and a front and center spot at WOC if you get there early enough.

Thank you

I watched the 10:15 WOC show on Tuesday the 11th.
We had 6:50 dinner reservations at Ariel’s Grotto. We were given the option and asked for the 10:15 show. The tri-tip and lobster was quite good. The only complaint I had with dinner was they brought it before we had completed our salad. After dinner we rode Ariel, Golden Zephyr, and Goofy’s Sky School. The first show was underway so we went searching for the holding area for the second show. I headed for the area noted, arrow 14, on the WOC Super Thread. I could not find a holding area. I asked a CM and he directed me to the center where preferred dining actually entered, #4 on Super thread map. I really did not want to go there while the first show was playing but was feeling quite lost. I asked a CM in this area and he said there was not a queue for the second show and to just go ride Ariel or we could wait here while 5800 people flooded the area after the first show. My friend needed to get off her feet and there was an empty space on a bench in in the back of the viewing area so she sat down as the first show ended and the area emptied. I stood behind her. Once everyone was out we were asked to leave so they could clean the area. I asked another CM where we should go for Ariel Dining passes. Finally we were directed to the correct place. We were to line up along the wall by the Golden Zephyr, #2 on the Super Thread map. I do not know if this is just for Ariel Dining or includes WCT. This is the same place I lined up with Yellow FP for 9:00 show in 2014. The Yellow queue was behind the dining queue. There were about a dozen people in line when we arrived. About 10 minutes later a CM lead the line to the viewing area. Everyone ahead of us went to the very front wet area. We went to the rail the next level up and it was a perfect view and we did not get wet. The rail filled in quickly and by show time a couple rows filled in behind us but no one was squished together. There was a rope at the bottom of the steps behind the area we were in that I think filled in with diners from CC. I enjoyed the new show but I think the original is better. It seemed more colorful. Queues seem to change and are different based on show time. I wish there was a way for Disney to provide accurate information on what to do and where to go for the particular show you are going to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter