WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

Our worst was probably on our last trip, when we went to Pizza Planet. Now, let me say up front, I went in with less than high expectations, but they rest of my family really wanted to try it. When DH turned around with the food, I noticed that over half of our order was missing, including all desserts. He told me the person filling the order said that was all that we had ordered. We were still in the area to pick up the food, so I walked him (and the three kids) back up to the pick up counter with the receipt. It took at least 5 minutes before anyone acknowledged we were standing there, and then they didn't see any difference in what they had given us & what was on the ticket. We finally got the person to bring the rest of the food up.

I'm glad you had a better time the second time around! But, how the heck does a server lose your credit card? And what did you do?

Till this day I still don't know how she lost the card. Before leaving the restaurant I cancelled the card. After a lengthy conversation with the supervisor on duty, our meal was free and we received vouchers for our trip. Totally ruined our vacation

Lunch at Tusker House was bad, will never go back.
The problem was with the character interactions. Daisy was reslly rude eith our 2 yesrs old DS. We were shocked! Never saw that before!

Worst hands down Chef Mickey's for breakfast.
Although a close second is Rose and Crown. They ignored us for 30 minutes. Took our order and didn't bring anything - no drinks nothing! For at least another hour! I would have gotten up and walked out but we had a sleeping baby and were trying to enjoy the view. I know some people like sitting there for fireworks but we were well before that time! And then the food was blah. I love the fish and chips out at the stand. Inside there- yuck. Not crisp. Seemed to have been sitting around(*just like we were!)

Via Napoli. Food was ok, nothing great but not bad. Service was very good. It gets weird after we left.
Bill for dining came to about $100 for our party of 3. We had free dining. FD covered $92, leaving a balance of $8 for an alcoholic drink. We left $23 which was 15% tip plus $8 for the drink. We then left. We were quite a ways out of the restaurant when the waiter came running after us yelling that we had not paid for our drink. He repeatedly stated the amount we left was for his tip and we must pay for the drink. We explained we tip whatever we feel is appropriate and did so. After several go arounds arguing we said we must leave and did so. Just a weird experience at Disney.

Worst food San Angel Inn
Worst service Coral Reef

We were very excited to try these eateries as the atmosphere is beautiful. We had terrible experiences at both and do not want to go back.

We love San Angel Inn and have always had great food. It is one of those restaurants that is not for everyone. Many often expect Mexican food that is typical of so many American restaurants, tacos, burritos, chimichangas etc. San Angel is closer to restaurants we've visited in Mexico and we're thankful for that.

1. Hollywood & Vine - Terrible Food
2. Big River Grill & Brewing Works - Bad Food & Awful Service
3. Be Our Guest - mediocre food & bad server
4. Trattoria Al Forno - We had high hopes for it, but the service was not good and the food was incredibly bland

I just sat here and read this whole thread and I'm kinda scared now. This will be the first trip for us as a family(8 total..we have 6 and MIL and FIL are going with us) and we have a dining plan and so far we've made reservations at Chef Mickey's for breakfast b/c my kids are SO excited to eat there and have them come to our table. Now I'm second guessing the choice. is it really THAT bad. Has anyone had a good experience with them? This makes me kinda sad. We've saved for 3 yrs now to take this trip. :(

Am I the only person who's never had bad service, ever? In any of my trips? The "worst" I've had is a mildly cold server at the Coral Reef back when I went in the 2010, but she wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes, all it takes is a little sweetness and putting on the foxy charm, and the Cast Members will eat out of my hand. It's all in your attitude. The difference between vinegar and honey. Food for thought. Honestly, the "worst" experience is when you lack compassion because you think you're entitled.

The worst food I've eaten is generally any of the scrambled eggs at any breakfast location. I always have high hopes, but they are always runny. I like 'em bone dry as a desert and slather 'em in hot sauce. I've simply opted to not order them anymore instead of setting myself up for constant disappointment.

Last edited:
I just sat here and read this whole thread and I'm kinda scared now. This will be the first trip for us as a family(8 total..we have 6 and MIL and FIL are going with us) and we have a dining plan and so far we've made reservations at Chef Mickey's for breakfast b/c my kids are SO excited to eat there and have them come to our table. Now I'm second guessing the choice. is it really THAT bad. Has anyone had a good experience with them? This makes me kinda sad. We've saved for 3 yrs now to take this trip. :(
Don't worry! This is a thread about your WORST dining experience, if you were to read a thread about everyones best dining experience I am sure you would be super excited. I have not replied to this thread yet because I simply have not had a terrible or even bad dining experience at Disney. In general we have enjoyed all our meals.

I do not doubt that other people have had bad meals, lots of people here take yearly trips (or even more ) and eat three meals a day at Disney for days on end, I am sure a bad meal is bound to happen. I have not dined at Chef Mickey's so I cannot give you an opinion on it but if I were to make a reservation for a character breakfast I would probably choose Tusker House (which includes a lot of the same characters). Please don't be sad, there is fabulous food and restaurants at Disney, enjoy your trip.

I have never had a bad meal at Chef Mickey's but I have only done the breakfast buffet a few times. I don't think I would ever brave it for dinner. I just think most of the buffet style places are exactly the same….not spectacular but hardly inedible either. And the characters have always done an appropriate amount of interaction.

Never had bad service that I remember, so that's good. Didn't care much for San Angel Inn, but the bar there has some of the best Guac I've ever had. Won't go back to Ohana either, didn't care much for its food. The food wasn't bad, just not what we want to pay that kind of money to eat.

We went to Boma in February for the first time and the experience was less than stellar.
The line for the meats was absurdly long and when I timed my wait, it was 20 minutes. When you have three kids less than 5 and two adults taking turns to go through the food line, it makes for an awful long wait before the whole family could all sit together.
I have heard great raves about the food on this forum, but the food was really no different than any other buffet, Disney or otherwise. Fish, meat, standard salads, and soups. Not worth $50.

We had a horrible experience with Mama Melrose SEVERAL years ago (both food and service) and swore we would never return. Never say never, right??

Of course, we went back last year. It was excellent. We did the Fantasmic dinner package. Both the food and the service was great! We will be going back again in October.

Am I the only person who's never had bad service, ever? In any of my trips? The "worst" I've had is a mildly cold server at the Coral Reef back when I went in the 2010, but she wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes, all it takes is a little sweetness and putting on the foxy charm, and the Cast Members will eat out of my hand. It's all in your attitude. The difference between vinegar and honey. Food for thought. Honestly, the "worst" experience is when you lack compassion because you think you're entitled.
Yup.......
We've never had "bad" service at WDW either.
But we always treat the servers as though they were a friend who's invited us over for a meal.
That way we get stellar service and often get some additional perks for being good guests.

Our worst meal was at the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs. Basically, the service was awful, the food ranged from bad to disgusting, and during our 2-week stay, it was the most expensive meal we had the whole trip. It is definitely not a place we would return to.

We've eaten in a lot of the restaurants over the past few years but these 3 really take the cake in terms of bad food and service.

1) Hollywood & Vine- Terrible buffet food. More like a Golden Corral standard. If it weren't for the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we'd never have eaten here.

2) Cinderella's Royal Table- I've eaten here on more than 6 occasions but only had 1 bad server who ruined the entire experience. He was in a rush to clear us out, made no effort to interact with us and flung our dessert spoons across the table. No amount of pixie dust could amend his attitude. Too bad the tip was already included or I would have reduced it drastically.

3) Le Cellier Steakhouse- I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this but we did not enjoy Le Cellier. The environment was tiny and we felt squished in with every body else. And the steak was just mediocre to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter