WORST DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCE

We liked the cute show at Biergarten, the people we were seated near were not super friendly, oh well-the Travel Family talks to everyone, the food was like a Shoneys or comparable cheap quality buffet, it was so, so bad, I seriously was so mad to have to pay what we did for such horrible food. I have found over the years and since the DDP, WDW dining quality has really gone downhill.

... the food was like a Shoneys or comparable cheap quality buffet, it was so, so bad...
Please tell me where your Shoney's is -- I'd like to try their wurst salat and sauerbraten. ;)

Seriously, at the San Angel Inn - long wait for a birthday dinner, then no (pre-ordered) birthday cake.

And we had to wait 45 minutes past our ADR at the Biergarten once...

Fortunately, that's about the worst (no pun intended) dining experience I've had at WDW.

We had reservations for Biergarten for the Candlelight Processional on 12/26. We actually got turned away because of my food allergies, which are mushrooms and nitrates. The manager did not attempt to help us get lunch reservations. Just sent us to the outside GS, then we were sent back inside to the Candlelight Processional GS. In the end we are able to eat Nine Dragons and were given passes for the Candlelight Processional.

The worst meal has to be Grand Floridian Cafe. DH's plate was covered in mushrooms mine was underneath with nothing to let them know it was an allergy plate. The server tipped his plate and caused some of the mushrooms to get into mine. They came and actually yelled at me that I should have told them I had a severe allergy to mushrooms. Which we always do.

T Rex got two strikes for us. (We tried it for the atmosphere at lunch on our arrival day.) First, we had the DxDP, and all the appetizers they had were HUGE (meals in themselves). Every other a la carte restaurant we ate at served much fairer portion sizes for appetizers. We were afraid we'd be too full for dinner at Cape May's buffet that evening. (We managed to get through our Cape May meal with no problem because we controlled our portions.)

Then, our T Rex waitress accidentally double charged our meal credits within 4 minutes of each other. It came back to bite us hard at Chefs de France for lunch on our last day. The waiter scanned both of our Magic Bands and found that we had no credits left. That couldn't be true, because we carefully planned our ADRs and calculated our credits. We were literally seated at a table with glasses of water and the menus, but the waiter told us to go to Guest Relations at the front of the park to call our resort front desk to restore our meal credits. He said it sometimes happens by accident and he dealt with a couple who had the same problem last week.

My mother got angry and upped and left. I realized there was a Guest Relations at the International Gateway nearby, so we went there. The two CMs there were very helpful and restored our last meal credits! I was sent ahead back to Chefs de France to ask them to seat us again. But annoyingly, Guest Relations there is technically outside of the park, and the CM who acknowleged us as we walked to the window wouldn't let us back through there, so it was back through security and the ticket scanner to go back inside. We were able to be seated an hour after our ADR time (it was a late lunch, originally 1:50 and now closer to 3:00 when lunch seating ended).

The Chefs de France meal wasn't bad, it was actually one of the better meals of our trip. The CMs there were all extremely understanding, and the manager was relieved that our credits came back. It was just very late in the day and we also did the Hoop Dee Doo at 8:30 that night. (Hoop Dee Doo already took our credits before as a payment hold with our reservation.)

It was nice that Guest Relations could see the exact time that the T Rex waitress double charged us and forgave that. We would do Chefs de France again in the future, but not T Rex.

Awful meal = Chef Mickeys. We have been there many times over the years, but our last time was a couple years ago. The food was AWFUL! And the cost is pretty high. I would easily recommend any of the other WDW buffets over Chef Mickeys.

We liked the cute show at Biergarten, the people we were seated near were not super friendly, oh well-the Travel Family talks to everyone, the food was like a Shoneys or comparable cheap quality buffet, it was so, so bad, I seriously was so mad to have to pay what we did for such horrible food. I have found over the years and since the DDP, WDW dining quality has really gone downhill.

I agree. I don't know why people are so enamored of this place, just because their boiled and fried hog slop has German names.

Biergarten show is fun, but the food was't great. I also don't think everyone who dines there is on board with the seating arrangements. We were seated at a table with two other guests, who clearly did not want or expect to have to share a table. Sensing their dissapointment with our presence, I asked the host to seat us at a different table. This did not bode well for me, as the host was not happy that he had to move us. Never again!

Biergarten show is fun, but the food was't great. I also don't think everyone who dines there is on board with the seating arrangements. We were seated at a table with two other guests, who clearly wanted to be alone

The seating arrangements are the reason I didn't book there for our upcoming trip. I don't think many people know about the seating arrangements.

We love the cuisine and music (especially when they do the Edelweiss sing a long) at Biergarten but HATE the communal seating! Therefore we don't go there or Teppan Edo unless we're with a larger group ourselves. But it's usually just we two! Darn!

The seating at communal restaurants can be a gamble. My family of 5 (my husband, myself, and 3 daughters 24, 22, 19) were seated with another couple with a 7 year old boy. My family were all singing along, enjoying some beer and just trying to enjoy the whole atmosphere but the other couple were very unfriendly and we felt we were being judged and it was very uncomfortable. We really tried to talk to them and be friendly but they would hardly look at us. Maybe when making reservations they should ask ages and try to seat accordingly? I know that would take a lot of effort but it to put a 7 year old boy with 3 adult girls wasn't really fair to the little boy either. I don't know, just my opinion.

The seating at communal restaurants can be a gamble. My family of 5 (my husband, myself, and 3 daughters 24, 22, 19) were seated with another couple with a 7 year old boy. My family were all singing along, enjoying some beer and just trying to enjoy the whole atmosphere but the other couple were very unfriendly and we felt we were being judged and it was very uncomfortable. We really tried to talk to them and be friendly but they would hardly look at us. Maybe when making reservations they should ask ages and try to seat accordingly? I know that would take a lot of effort but it to put a 7 year old boy with 3 adult girls wasn't really fair to the little boy either. I don't know, just my opinion.
They probably were just surprised at having communal seating. I guess it's a bit of a surprise when you're used to typical restaurant seating. My parents love hibachi grill restaurants, where typically you're seated with other families, and they always come across a couple or family that just seems bewildered and even insulted that they have to sit with other people.

Well I guess it all comes down to 'when in Rome'. If you were in Germany, communal seating would be the norm at a German beer hall. Biergarten is just sharing a piece of the Germany's culture, which is the whole point of World Showcase. That said, even if people are taken by surprise with the seating, it would be so much better if they just went with the flow, rather than make others at the table feel like intruders. I can certainly understand why people would not want communal seating, but it's only one meal, and it will surely give you something to talk about afterwards! :chat: :eek:As I said in a PP, entertainment was charming, but we did not care for the food.

OHana -- HORID! 1 hour past reservation time, the manager was horrible when I talked to him. 50 + people waiting for their tables and he did nothing. A child vomited outside the seating area and it took 20 minutes to clean it up. The service was mediocre and the food was poor. We were so disappointed. Total waste of DDP credit. I would never return.

OHana -- HORID! 1 hour past reservation time, the manager was horrible when I talked to him. 50 + people waiting for their tables and he did nothing. A child vomited outside the seating area and it took 20 minutes to clean it up. The service was mediocre and the food was poor. We were so disappointed. Total waste of DDP credit. I would never return.

Beyond gross!:crazy2:

Bongos. Even though I like the place a lot. It was once so bad it was funny. I was there with a date and another couple. The waitress came over did some small talk. Turned her back to my guest the whole time. Then told me what time she was getting out of work and was I interested in coming back. It was very loud and hard to hear as the band was playing but I could tell that when taking the order of my guest that the waitress told her several times that they were out of that dish. Finally when the food came they brought out for 3 and did not bring the dish out for my date. She noticed that I had what the waitress told her they were out of. When asked, the waitress told her that they had it for him, but none for her. (this is all true) Finally, her dish arrived and it was a dish of off the children's menu lol. It went down hill from there. It was so strange and odd the whole thing that it was funny. We laughed the whole way through.

It must have been your Rolex.

Seriously, I used to wait tables. I've never seen this actually happen. And I worked with some really flirty girls who didn't even KNOW they were flirting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter