Would you move to central FL and sell your DVC if you could?

LoveMyDVC

<font color=purple>Cartoon characters that don't w
WHat if you had a job where you could work anywhere in the country? Would you relocate to be closer to the magic?

Yes. DW & I are looking at possibly moving to FL in the next 5 years, after she gets her MBA. At this point, whe would like to work for Disney. :wizard:

If not Orlando, then maybe J'ville or possibly just north of Tampa/St. Pete, but definitely w/in 2hrs of WDW. Lot of perks to living in FL. No state taxes, discount on AP's, can take cruises on short notice w/o having to fly to the port city, plus can probably fly anywhere direct in the US fairly cheap out of MCO.

Would we well our points? I can't see that happening. We'd probably use them for relatives and rent the leftovers.

No way no how especially after being at WDW last week and dealing with the heat I couldn't imagine the summer there.

I would move to FL in a quick second. We've been known to drive thru Celebration, dreaming of one day moving down (someday) :cloud9: . But, I don't think that we'd sell our points. The resorts are still part of the "magic" for us and would be a great, easy, getaway.

If we move to FL I wouldn't sell our points either. It would still be a nice vacation to stay at DVC.

Sell them? Shoot, I would probably buy more, it would be a easy drive to a great getaway!!!

I may or may not move back to FL but I would never sell my points, unless they let me move into the Castle ;)

BCVOwner2002 said:
If we move to FL I wouldn't sell our points either. It would still be a nice vacation to stay at DVC.

It IS a nice vacation to stay at DVC when you live in Florida.

Big fat NO here! I could not tolerate that heat and humidity for half the year. I'll take my 4 seasons in Minnesota and my winter vacations in Florida visiting the "mouse".

I could move there now if I wanted. I'm a native Floridian and plan to move back some day. But will probably live near the coast where it's not as hot as Orlando.

Right now I live in the type of town I wish I had grown up in. Baseball and apple pie. So I will stay here until my kids are older. Who knows, I may become a typical snowbird and winter in Fla. How many points for a 1BR from Jan 5 to the end of March? :earsboy:

I have been trying to get Madam Gracey to move to Florida for years. I have at least two jobs locked and cocked in Orlando, but I need the wife to pull the trigger.

NO!... No sellie of the pointies... :teeth:

MG

No, I would never move to Florida year round. Too hot for me. I'll take New England weather and Florida vacations. I'm only 37, but I could see me summering in New England and wintering in Florida when I retire.

We live in central FL, Gainesville, but overseas with the military, and bought points and will never sell them! Will definitely add on though. :)

LoveMyDVC said:
WHat if you had a job where you could work anywhere in the country? Would you relocate to be closer to the magic?

Only for working the winters-and would still keep DVC. :sunny:

ABSOLUTELY !!!! Give me the HEAT and HUMIDITY anyday over the snow/ice/frigid cold. Everything is dead and grey during winter---and it just seems to last soooo long.
Dh and I are looking at relocating by the time we hit 48-50. We're 40 & 42 now. Our kids will be college or beyond by this point----then no second thoughts.......FL here we come ! Just wish it could be sooner. I get majorly depressed during the winter months. Think I have that seasonal affective disorder or something ?!?!
I would prefer to hold on to my DVC points, but if I had to sell as the only way to live in FL then I would.

If we ever moved to Fla, we would probably sell some of our points since our regular vacations would probably be spent traveling north to see family and friends instead of going to WDW. We'd keep enough for some long weekends at WDW though.

Ha Ha...I was raised in south Louisiana, and then went to Florida State for college. When people in Florida complained about the humidity, I would tell them to try Louisiana for a while LOL! We lived in Jacksonville, my Dh's hometown, for many years. I would take the heat, humidity, and hurricanes over the cold ANY DAY!!! We miss the south real bad, but we have better job opportunities up here so I guess we are just stuck for a while. I guess I can see why retired people snow-bird, but we will just go ahead and move back full time when we get the chance. I always tell people up here, you know how you stay inside for months on end when it is cold? Well, in the south you stay in more when it is super hot, but when you do go out you can SWIM and there is nothing to shovel!!!

Nope! We could actually sell our house up here and live down there for free until we found better jobs -- in-laws own a home in Apopka with an apartment type set-up in the back -- but then, where we would we vacation? A lot of DH's family has moved down there and they almost never go to Disney anymore. We don't want to ruin the magic!

No thanks...I'll stay in Miami! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

The weather's a lot better here than in Orlando. But then, anywhere on either coast is better than anywhere inland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter