Would you move to central FL and sell your DVC if you could?

JimMIA said:
No thanks...I'll stay in Miami! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

The weather's a lot better here than in Orlando. But then, anywhere on either coast is better than anywhere inland.
Not when the hurricanes blow! :teeth:

Best wishes -

I could never see myself living in FL. Arizona? (specifically, Phoenix area) ..... I'd take a job there in 2 seconds flat! I love the weather (yes, I've been there when it's 115+ degrees), and 1/2 of my relatives live there.

Dave

CarolMN said:
Not when the hurricanes blow! :teeth:

Best wishes -
OUR last hurricane was in 1992.

Of course, we're still not over it yet... Still a few places that haven't been rebuilt.

To move to Florida, that is. No EE jobs available there....RIGHT!!! We don't want to take a 75% cut in pay!!! So we'll wait a few years and try to retire early.

I hate the cold. As a matter of fact, 80 degrees is chilly for me. I LOVE the heat and humidity!!!!!! Of course, I wouldn't be schlepping my body around WDW in 100 degree 100% humidity weather. And I would NEVER sell my points just because I lived closer. I'd still want to go there and when people who visited wanted to go, we'd have no issue about going with them!!

WE NEED PIXXY DUST!!!

HATE it here in Ohio!!!!! I would go back to FLORIDA to live in a minute as long as it's not SE Florida. I too think that the SNOW, ICE and CONTINOUS COLD is soooooooooooooooooo DEPRESSING! It just NEVER ends and I too hate it when it's below 80 degrees!

Maistre Gracey said:
I have been trying to get Madam Gracey to move to Florida for years. I have at least two jobs locked and cocked in Orlando, but I need the wife to pull the trigger.

NO!... No sellie of the pointies... :teeth:

MG

Maistre Gracey COME ON DOWN!!!!! Tell the Missus we'll come over to visit or you all can come over for dinner!!!

We just moved from Massachusetts to Cocoa, and while we thought the weather would take some getting used to, we didn't miss the horrible winter AT ALL!!!

And while we have far less pointies than the Gracey's we no sellie them either!!!

To all of our potential snowbirds...Welcome to Florida...The PLYWOOD state!

ooops...I mean the Sunshine state! :sunny:
Today marks the first day of Hurricane Season!
6/1/05

No way!!! Too dang hot!!!! :sunny:
My ideal dream, would be to live here during the summer 1) too hot in Fla in the summer 2) can't be so far away from my beloved Sox.
Then, as soon as baseball season is over, then go to Fla for the winter months. But no sellie here either! I want my points no matter what!!!!

HANNAME!!!!!!! :wave2:

I'd love to move further south when the kiddies grow up. Both DW and I are from Ohio, and our parents / siblings / extended families are all within about a 25 mile radius. It would take more than the Mouse to compel me to move the kids so far away from their grandparents, cousins, etc.

Do it for the kids!!!! (Sorry, inside joke)

But that doesn't mean I'm not counting the years to my last shovel-ful of snow...

athenna said:
No way!!! Too dang hot!!!! :sunny:
2) can't be so far away from my beloved Sox.

athenna Tim Wakefield lives in Melbourne (next town over) during the off season--see you could move here AND still be near your beloved sox!!!!

And you would NOT believe how many Red Sox and Patriots fans there are here!!! You'd feel quite at home!!!!

Never! I love, love, love WDW. But, HATE Florida. The only mountains in Florida are at WDW. I could never leave the Rockies.

Am planning on moving out of NYC in the next few years and going to Florida, but wouldn't sell our DVC points. We don't have any family left here in New York, (everyone has done the jump from NYC to Staten Island to Jersey to Florida) There is really something special about staying "inside" Disney. We love having our points at the Wilderness Lodge and taking family and friends there who haven't been before.

Yes, I would move there and nope, I wouldn't sell the points! Hubby got a phone interview for an engineering position from Disney and we haven't heard anything back. But if they call we are out of here! :teeth:

DH has been told by the Space Center that "they don't have salaries equal to up North!!"

Is that a Disney salary?

I would move to Florida in a minute. I too hate the cold weather in the Northeast. :cold: As for selling my points - I haven't finished buying them yet :teeth: so no I wouldn't sell them. Just love my points :love:

I would move to Florida in a minute. I too hate the cold weather in the Northeast. :cold: As for selling my points - I haven't finished buying them yet :teeth: so no I wouldn't sell them. Just love my points :love:

Sorry - Double post. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter