WP/LS/UK - 6/21/07 - removed

popcorn:: I am just dying reading your TR- I wish I was there w/ you!!! looks like you all had so much fun!

Your honeymoon looks fun so far!! :)

It's funny that you say that about the alligators. As the months go on, you'll see A LOT more here in FL. haha. We see them every time we go swimming the springs.

I have read this entire thread and boy let me tell you, you had me :sad: . I am so sorry that the Poly disregarded you like that. All in all your wedding was fantastic. I hope that if my dbf and I ever do:rolleyes: get engaged & married that it goes as well as yours did (I want a Disney Wedding also).

Take Care and have a wonderful life together.

I have to say this but I think your DH looks a bit like justin timberlake! I think so anyway

We're definitely not used to alligators and really don't know where to look for them. Whenever we drive by a swamp or standing water that looks like a swamp I check it out. Mike and I are worried about trying to go swimming anywhere. With our luck, we'd end up swimming with the gators and I'm sure that wouldn't turn out very well. Which springs do you go to? We heard of some not that far from Gainesville and have been wondering if they are worth going to see.

We usually go to Blue Springs or Wekiva Springs but those are both closer to Orlando than Gainesville so it might be a bit of a drive for you. However, I know there are supposed to be some awesome springs up in your part of the state too. I definitely think they are worth. The water is so clean and crisp. I LOVE it. And it's so nice to see the natural side of FL. We really do have a lot of natural beauty here :)

The alligators leave you alone so dont be too worried. Just be aware of your surroundings. I've only ever seen them when I've been canoeing, not swimming. They dont like us as much as we dont like them ;)

Let me know if you end up going to any of the springs...I'd like to hear your review! ;)

You just swim with them?? :scared1: I'm too much of a wuss :rotfl:. I can't think of the name of the springs we've been told about but I think we have a brochure around here somewhere. After we get settled I think we'll go check them out. There are so many places I want to go to around the state. Florida has always been my family's vacation spot so it's weird living here. I feel like we should always be out doing tourist things.

I felt like that too especially at first. It's like, hi, we're in FL so it's time to go to Disney or go to the beach or go out to eat. Then I had to realize that I really cant do those things every day :)

Well you swim in the same springs with them I guess you could say however at all the springs I've been to, the swimming area is separated from the rest of the more natural areas if that makes sense. So theoretically alligators could come to the swimming area but they generally dont. They just want to be left alone. Ha.

The picture of Mert and I at the bottom of my posts is at Blue Springs. See how pretty the water is !? :)

That's exactly what I feel like... I think we ate out for the first two weeks we were here but that was mainly because we didn't have any of our pans yet, luckily we got them as a wedding present. I'm surprised my wedding gown wasn't too tight the day of... actually, all of the boxes I carried made me lose 10 pounds right before the wedding :yay:. It was torture getting to Florida and knowing we had two weeks before we got to go to Disney for the wedding. Now I think I'm getting used to it and I'll stop bugging DH so much about when we get to go back.

I think you've convinced me I won't die if I go swimming in the springs :goodvibes It makes sense that they would try to keep those areas separated. I can't wait until we have a free weekend to go. Right now it seems like every free day we get something ends up being delivered. I'm excited about this weekend though, we finally get our couch. No more sitting on the floor :laughing: :woohoo:.

I was wondering if that was from the springs, it's a gorgeous picture. I love how the water looks :)

Thank you :) It really is so pretty. You should at least try it out once and keep an open mind. Its definitely a fun experience!

Hopefully you have a free weekend soon! I remember doing all that waiting around for deliveries and cable set up, blah blah. We're moving again soon and I am not looking forward to it. I just want to stay put for a while! Hope you have a good weekend and maybe a nice dinner in your new pots and then a movie on your new couch :)

Wow I didn't know that MK was open that late, how lucky for you!!!:banana: Can't wait for your A.K. report

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter